Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 28 days ago

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Hrithik Roshan & Aishwarya Rai are some of the most Good-looking as well as Talented Stars, SLB can't even manage to give HIT with them, Guzaarish was a Disaster.

He can also do blunders.

Guzaarish's subject matter was tricky and too depressing. The English version, Me Before You, had similar problems in the US/UK because any film on euthanasia, where your romantic lead is going to kill himself, is going to be a hard sell.

It offends people with the actual disability who feel this film says they have no value in existing and it offends romantics because we expect feel-good love stories. Instead, this movie tells us that the love story we are rooting for is not strong enough to keep the romantic lead alive. He'd rather die than be in love. So Guzaarish was always doomed but it's still regarded as one of Bhansali's masterpieces. His Black was more accessible because it was more inspiring.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Terenaina

A has been deepika? You are showing everyday you are a huge fan of Katrina and huge hater of deepika. Get over it. I don’t even want to argue with you in lengths because it’s no point.

Katrina?smiley36 Hain? Kuch bhi wow

Silvertarax thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

This can be said for any time zone. On average, 2000-3000 films are made annually in India. This number increases year by year. So no. of bad films ratio is more all the time.

He also made a blunder with RK-SONAM Debut film Saawariya, another Disaster.

Thousands of movies are made yet you still remember likes of Guazarish and Saawariya. Their songs are still famous.

I said SLB makes classics and it's true. Even if it's a flop, people still remember his work.

Even Alia Bhatt has had few flops, does it mean she's a bad actor?

Coming back to the point, Shraddha has more love than current actresses despite not working with the experienced directors and that is not a small feat.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Some facts for you all:

- SLB's biggest disaster is Saawariya itself. Its the only film he has done that has a DISASTER status.

- Guzarish may have been a flop (not a disaster), but the acting was top-notch. It was a depressing movie, and had limited appeal anyway.

- Even Black was NOT a clean hit and was just an average-grossing film - but its probably the best performance given by a leading actress according to me.

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Silvertarax

Also look at who made Gangubai. Alia may be a good actress but its SLB, he can even cast a duck as the main character and still produce a classic.

Just see Heeramandi, his niece did an awful job yet the series was well received because he knows how to play with the dialogues, the storyline, the aesthetics and grandeour of his sets.

See Devdas - Aishwarya Rai is beautiful but she isn't the best actress yet he made her shine.

Good directors are essential to an actors journey and if you notice, Alia has always worked with the best since she began. KJO may be twisted but he is good at his craft and he's mentored Alia.

Shraddha has become the most loved actress without all this help and that's big.

SLB also directed deepika in Padmavat as main character, which turned out to be awful
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Briaahna

SLB also directed deepika in Padmavat as main character, which turned out to be awful

Padmavat is not awful. Like kuch bhi?😆Nay be you meant Deepika’s character but do I have to tell you that it all depends upon the content and the character. Otherwise, Alia would’ve been the best thing about RARKPK and would’ve got all the accolades for Kalank, Sadak etc…SLB gave her the character of her life in Gangu, so just thank him and move on to the next. The issue that needs to be acknowledged is despite having such a curated filmography and tailormade roles, Alia still managed to deliver some of the worst performances and failed to have a single blockbuster in her career.

Edited by e1t53e - 28 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 27 days ago

Originally posted by: Silvertarax

Even Alia Bhatt has had few flops, does it mean she's a bad actor?

A few? Way more than a few. Even her "clean hits" are given PR treatment to become hits in the media but never actually are. Rocky aur Rani, Gangubai, Raazi, etc. were not successful at the box office. Darlings was promoted as the top OTT film of the year when actual streaming reports showed it was one of the least watched OTT films.

And frankly, even if those aforementioned films were genuine hits and not PR hits, she would still be a bad actor. She's never been a good actor. Never been in an ATTB or the HGOTY film. Never given a memorable performance even after 12 years in the industry where people still remember her character by name and talk about it.

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Some facts for you all:

- SLB's biggest disaster is Saawariya itself. Its the only film he has done that has a DISASTER status.

Lol this won't age well when Love & War comes out. That will take the title for Bhansali's biggest disaster film. Yet another RK starrer...shocker!! There seems to be a pattern here.

Silvertarax thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Thank you for proving my point. Deepika is another actress who benefitted largely by SLB.

And Padmavat was a massive success.

Silvertarax thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

A few? Way more than a few. Even her "clean hits" are given PR treatment to become hits in the media but never actually are. Rocky aur Rani, Gangubai, Raazi, etc. were not successful at the box office. Darlings was promoted as the top OTT film of the year when actual streaming reports showed it was one of the least watched OTT films.

And frankly, even if those aforementioned films were genuine hits and not PR hits, she would still be a bad actor. She's never been a good actor. Never been in an ATTB or the HGOTY film. Never given a memorable performance even after 12 years in the industry where people still remember her character by name and talk about it.

I'm not saying Alia is a bad actor but she has evolved with the best. Ananya is being given same treatment. People can say they've improved and all which is true but people should also remember how many chances they've had to improve.

I don't think Shraddha is a bad actor contrary to the popular opinion, I think she has better screen presense than most actresses today. Her 30 second appearance manages to steal the spotlight.

Audience loves to see Shraddha and she built this without strong backing. I think she needs to be credited.

Basskarrr thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 26 days ago

The knack for making everything a woman vs woman topic. On the other hand I see it as an absolute win…two female actors delivering better BO numbers than their contemporary male actors, waiting for Jigra now!