Reviews & Ratings

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 29 days ago

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Yes I read it somewhere all weekends in September are empty or have small films. That is really short sighted if people skipped September release dates to go chase some holiday smiley36

The keywords are; 'jealousy & greed'... they're skipping September because they want their hands in the cookie-jar ALL at the same time. smiley4

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Why is Roohi even on the list smiley36

Right question as Rajkummar plays a role there that isn't repeated (continued) in another film. It may have been planned as an installment but then Maddock didn't want to include it because...well...it had been a critical and financial failure (and even the praise Rajkummar got for his performance - and Varun Sharma, too - wasn't enough to make a continuity inside the Universe)

As for the story, I just refer to Wikipedia as I didn't watch the movie. smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 29 days ago
Clochette thumbnail

Not yet 300 cr, but close smiley1

https://www.sacnilk.com/news/Box_Office_Stree_2_Scores_Sensational_Extended_First_Week_Crosses_400_Crore_Worldwide#google_vignette

I don't know why people post "book-my-show" numbers (of whatever movie) as booking says nothing about how many people really attended the screening...

rckRadhe thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Clochette

Not yet 300 cr, but close smiley1

https://www.sacnilk.com/news/Box_Office_Stree_2_Scores_Sensational_Extended_First_Week_Crosses_400_Crore_Worldwide#google_vignette

I don't know why people post "book-my-show" numbers (of whatever movie) as booking says nothing about how many people really attended the screening...

Could that mean it was already paid for? smiley3

rckRadhe thumbnail

We are guessing that; booking is paying, but not yet watching? smiley3

Clochette thumbnail

Yes, booking is paying the full ticket price which doesn't mean that the person(s) also goe(s) to watch the movie (which frequently is with the so-called 'block booking', which also is labeled as corporate booking).

It gives the impression that the movie earns a lot through a high boxoffice number although the factual attendance in the respective theatres doesn't correspond to the number of the booked tickets.

That - e.g. - had been done with Salar where at least six (verified) theatres had been block-booked (= paid) for the morning shows without a factual screening (as nobody was attending).

So, verifying booked theatres through Internet doesn't make sense...one has to verify the attendance in the theatres (=tickets controlled at the entrance). Therefore producers' numbers can differ from 'real' numbers by many crores as the income through paid tickets is higher than audience's attendance.

That - among others - is a reason why I don't give so much importance to the boxoffice numbers even though I post them.

Just to add...I like Sacnilk because they refer to the attendance... their numbers are estimates until they got verified.

Edited by Clochette - 29 days ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 28 days ago

https://boxofficeincome.in/stree-2-box-office-collection-day-8-horror-comedy-film-enters-the-300-crore-club-31894

Stree 2 Box Office Collection Day 8: Horror-Comedy Film Enters the 300-Crore Club

oyebollywood thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Yes I read it somewhere all weekends in September are empty or have small films. That is really short sighted if people skipped September release dates to go chase some holiday smiley36

Masterpiece masterstroke movie Emergency is releasing on 6th September 2024

Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://x.com/taran_adarsh/status/1826844771488256417?s=46&t=gqwFCxRkfHkicr6DF8egng

300 NOT OUT... wraps up its [extended] Week 1 with a bang, smashing through the ₹ 300 cr barrier... The next milestone - ₹ 400 cr - now appears well within reach given the impressive trajectory.The greatest beneficiaries - besides the producers and distributors - are undoubtedly the exhibitors, particularly those in mass-market regions and single screen theatres... They can finally breathe a sigh of relief.Going forward, the absence of major releases in September could provide with that perfect opportunity to gallop towards the ₹ 500 cr mark, provided it maintains its strong hold.The remarkable success of not only underscores the enduring popularity of horror-comedies with desi tadka, but also highlights the growing viability of sequels in #Hindi cinema.[Week 1] Wed previews 9.40 cr, Thu 55.40 cr, Fri 35.30 cr, Sat 45.70 cr, Sun 58.20 cr, Mon 38.40 cr, Tue 26.80 cr, Wed 20.40 cr, Thu 18.20 cr. Total: ₹ 307.80 cr. #India biz. #Boxoffice