Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Autumnn

...Why give different names when they are simply bookings.

To me it doesn't matter as long as nobody starts to compare with movies that hadn't paid premieres the day before which got included in the opening day figures....and yes, paid premieres means one has to pay as audience.

It's okay if Stree 2 overtakes other movies, but it should be propagated in a fair way.

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

This is simply false... from the 4 very succesful movies in 2023, Stree 2 genuinely only overtakes Gadar 2 opening day....and even if one accepts that the paid premieres are included, it couldn't reach Jawan's first day number (75 cr all India net, 65.5 cr Hindi net).

I think even when enthusiastic, one should keep it fair.

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Day1 highest footfalls post pandemic smiley37.

No wonder ek ki pr ki jalgai

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=8626

64cr opening..YES...Beat that..HISTORY CREATED!!

Bleue thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Clochette

This is simply false... from the 4 very succesful movies in 2023, Stree 2 genuinely only overtakes Gadar 2 opening day....and even if one accepts that the paid premieres are included, it couldn't reach Jawan's first day number (75 cr all India net, 65.5 cr Hindi net).

I think even when enthusiastic, one should keep it fair.

Most trade analysts are saying the same thing. But of course you know more then them. You have all the datas that they don't smiley36 don't be so salty be happy for other's success too.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

https://x.com/filmy_view/status/1824259353722917197?t=6thTJ6DH92iH3-OLk2FaFA&s=19

Till when does this movie has a free run? Is 350-400 Cr LT possible?

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Day 0 was not full day so why cannot it be included in day 1 as all were last night shows running into and after midnight.

Why they have been given paid previews name is completely baffling. Producers didn't pay public to watch, we went to watch spending our own money.

Why give different names when they are simply bookings.

When the term "Paid Previews" came into existence, I remember it was the first time for Dostana in 2008, the shows were truly limited like less than 5 to 10 shows (entire India) were only held across a couple of territories. It was just the Celebrity Premiere show extended to normal audience.

A month later Ghajini took it to the next level with shows, but again only the night shows. A year later 3 Idiots followed the same. Even though these were only night shows the numbers were significantly higher as much more screens were added. The difference was significant enough to have it mentioned separately.

Unlike them, Chennai Express had a full-fledged release from the evening (first shows), across the country, a day before the release as Eid fell that day. The numbers were huge and that's why it hasn't been surpassed until Stree 2. This also made sure the numbers were separated for "Paid Previews" and Opening Day as this wasn't the usual way, unlike the others before it or after it.

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

BO experts..what is the WW total for day1?

I guess internationally it was a working day so won't be much from overseas..may be on weekend..but how much day 1 WW?