Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Sridevi - gone too soon! Such a bundle of talent!

Vyjayanthimala - the essence of grace and beauty.

Amazing that these two South Indian icons were born on the same day!

Vyjayanthimala's dancing was a treat to watch. She did so much with so little. Watch her Bagad bam bam from Kathputli. She is fire in that one! And even in her more famous dances like Hoton mein aisi baat - the way she makes her waist sway so slightly, that economy of movement.. that is what is missing these days. I love watching her dance. Her performance in Madhumati isn't talked about enough. I think she didn't get enough credit as an actress - her dancing seemed to overshadow her acting but she was amazing nonetheless.

Sridevi - what to say about her? What a complete performer she was! You couldn't take your eyes off the screen when she was on it. Her comic timing has been talked about a lot, but not enough imo. Her Chaplin sequence in Mr. India? Genius! I know she gets made fun of for her accent and her voice, but I can overlook all of that because her acting? It's just wow! Lamhe - another brilliant performance from her. Those scenes where she and Anupam Kher team up & do crazy shenanigans makes me crack up every time. And the last scene where she lets Viren have it - questioning him why he cares if she married someone else, the myriad expressions she brings in that scene! smiley32

Of course Sadma is considered her tour de force but I have always felt it's more Kamal's movie than hers, for me..Lamhe, Chaalbaaz and Mr. India stand out among her performances.

What are your favorite Sridevi and Vyjayanthimala movies?

Great post, Lizzie. smiley31

All her movies showcased her talent, especially Chaalbaaz, Lamhe and Mr. India and many more. Even her last movie, English Vinglish, earned many awards for her performance.

15 Life Lessons English Vinglish Taught Us15 Life Lessons English Vinglish Taught Us.

Edited by Viswasruti - 1 months ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

The dance queen of yesteryear: Vyjayanthimala

Vyjayanthimala in Amrapali (1966)

The communion of dance, music, act, and beauty together would define the great actress Vyjayanthimala. This South Indian actress once conquered Hindi movies not only with her awesome facial features, but also with her glamorous body shape and glorious performance. Her contributions to the Hindi film world will remain immortal; no one else can substitute for her forever.

Vyjayanthimala // Amrapali // 1966 – @badandbrown on Tumblr

This film marked the end of the actress’ Bollywood life. She played the title role in this historic film, along-with Sunil Dutt, who enacted the role of Ajathasathru. Amrapali was the royal courtesan (Nagarvadhu) of Vaishali, which was directed by B.R.Chopra.

The great actress Vyjayanthimala gave Bollywood a golden period from 1950-1970 with her magical and magnetic performances. Her dizzying dances could not only captivate the audience, but also bring out a new style in Indian Bollywood. Vyjayanthimala is an example of true art, great wisdom, and astonishing beauty. (Credit:Google)

vyjayanthimala bollywood gif | WiffleGifVyjayanthimala in Suraj (1966)

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Never knew these two talented actresses born on same day

Happy Birthday to Vyjayanthimala 🎂 smiley27

Happy Birthday to Sridevi in heaven above smiley27

Surilikoyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Happy birthday Sridevi and Vyjayanthimala ❤️ Loved Sridevi's movies Nagina, Chaalbaaz, Mr. India, Judai, EnglishVinglish. smiley20

P. S Awesome birthday thread Lizzie

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Retro Rebels

Originally posted by: Surilikoyal

Happy birthday Sridevi and Vyjayanthimala ❤️ Loved Sridevi's movies Nagina, Chaalbaaz, Mr. India, Judai, EnglishVinglish. smiley20

P. S Awesome birthday thread Lizzie

Madhu made the thread, Surili smiley9, I just replied in it.

Btw, when are you gracing us with a song, Surilikoyal? smiley4

DivineBliss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Happy birthday Sridevi ji and VyjayantiMalaJi smiley40

Surilikoyal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Madhu made the thread, Surili smiley9, I just replied in it.

Btw, when are you gracing us with a song, Surilikoyal? smiley4

oh sorry. Yes i have thought of it. Will give it a try
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Happy Birthday Sridevi and Vyjayanthimala

The pic Janhvi shared is cute

Savera84 thumbnail

There is no doubt that they are iconic stars.smiley32

Their movies are still talked about and I hope they will talk about them more decades down the track too.

I saw the dance and what a graceful dancer Vyjayantimala is! Happy and healthy life MalaJi!

Cheers..

Viswasruti thumbnail

The acting and dancing prowess of Sridevi's mother may not be widely known.

Jahnavi looks like her!

It is a song from Chiveraku Migiledi (Hindi :Khamoshi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMUvutFsDU8&list=RDg9FFkZ24S4c&index=4