Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

No, rules are there for a reason, but competing in women’s 50kg freestyle instead of your usual 53kg when you know you've trouble keeping weight, not sure how sensible and prudent that was

She was 2 kilos overweight up until the previous night

(I ain't no athelete either and don't know necessary details of how it all works too)

She had begged here to let her compete in the 53 kg category but the wrestler's federation wouldn't let her....so she had no choice...they couldn't refuse her sending in the Olympics but they definitely made her life difficult....and no prizes for guessing why....smiley24

Palak2812 thumbnail

She begged the association so Association gave her a special attention.

Unlike others she was allowed to compete in 2 categories 53kg and 50kg.

Vinesh lost to Anju within 20 secs in 53 kg in Semis. Isliye she wasn't allowed

Ya phir according to intellectual just bcoz Modi ko gaali di hain so haarne ke baad bhi bhejna chahiye tha.

& then won in 50 kg

But ya her life was made difficult and not of Shivani who actually deserved to go in 50 kg category bcoz she was of that weight.

Vinesh delayed the trials fir so many hours, played in 2 categories that chance is not given to anyone else and made all the other wrestlers wait a lot.

Vinesh delayed the trials taki apni man mani kare and Federation ne usse karne bhi diya tha

Bohot special attention mila still blame karo dusro ko.

Sahi hain

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Highheals

Chalo atleast you managed to say something other than

" whataboutery"

Good progress....growing up n learning fast

Anyhow go back to your day job doing guru gaga or shoud i say bow bow...

Cute you are.smiley27

Ap hamari haveli main agar naya hain to khatirdari ka mauka hamein hi de jiye aur agar purane log ho new bottle pe to apki intro sina uchein karke de dijiye,sab iha dost bhai behen hein,dikkat nehi

Follow karne ki jarurat nehi hain,i read only this thread and came across your comments. Hum eise vasha se waqif hain,kuch naya bhi nehi aise bhi..

To aap hamari havel mein ajaiye, sab milke apka khatir dari karenge,because i am so cutesmiley43

Chingu tum chai banao sirf,daru mat dena bhai sab ko

Icy wat do u want to make? Ninu kuch tu bhi bana behen😁infing divine jisko cooking ka abc pata hein kuch khilate hein unko

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I don’t agree with the decision of her disqualification…but I’m also unsure how I feel about one “asking” for a medal lol. Although so so valid, still doesn’t sit well with me for some reason.

I also don’t know much about sports because the only sport I am interested in is the nepotism playing field

Sachin explained it well

https://x.com/sachin_rt/status/1821870608289812864

Chiillii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Weight cutting is a legal strategy in weight lifting.

The rule of weights is very straight forward in all contact / combat sports. People of same weight should fight each other. Because Higher weight means higher muscle mass which means higher stamina as well as higher power.

Vinita Phogat's category in last 4 years was 53kg. She however during the trials lost to Antim P in the 53 kg. Since only one player is allowed in a category and Antim won fair and square she represented that category for India. Now Vineet had only two options try for next higher category allowed legally 55kg. Very few people who ar technically best adopt this strategy as they would be up against someone stronger than them. Most go for weight cutting which is go one slab lower in Vineet's case it was 50 kg. Advantage is more strength compared to opponents who are all of lower weight than you but the problem is you will be weighed before every match. Even if claim sick or injured and forefeit you will still have to weigh in and if you are overweight you will be disqualified.

Vineeta knew this when she chose to weight cut. If your natural body weight is 53 kg you will have to deprive yourself of food and water to reduce weight but you will still have to consume a recovery meal after the match to gain the strength to fight the next match which means weight will go up again in her case it became 52.5 and she couldn't lose last 100gms so got disqualified. Even if she forefeighted she would still be disqualified as she will compulsorily have to weigh in.

You are saying she won 3 matches but the three matches she won was by weight cutting. By drastically reducing 3 kgs to fight competitors who were 49-50 kg. So nothing unfair was done by IOA. Her strategy failed at the last minute, just pure bad luck

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

Aur kya umeed karte ho Non-Biological entity ke followers se?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Apart from the first 2 lines, I didn't understand the rest...and now, I didn't think that Modi had something to do with my conspiracy-theory smiley36 (which one shouldn't really take serious...)

Clochette thumbnail

smiley36 What do you think Modi has of power... r e a l power??? What do y o u know how politics work??? smiley36

If you want discussion with me, please don't write in Hindi...

Btw, there was a member (Chilli, if I'm not mitaken) who very well explained the weight-thing...

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

My opinion isn't really important to you...and it's a nice Sunday...so, I prefer to enjoy latter smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago