Vinesh Phogat disqualified -celebs react

beena_jon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 months ago

Indian wrestler Vinesh Phogat created history on Tuesday by becoming the first Indian wrestler to reach the Olympics finals. While the entire nation was counting on her promising performance at the women's 50kg wrestling final at the Paris Olympics, the 29-year-old was disqualified after being found 150 grams overweight during the weigh-in on the final day.

Soon after the update surfaced, the internet started reacting to the heartbreaking development. PM Narendra Modi and several celebrities including Taapsee Pannu, Farhan Akhtar and more have reacted to the news.

Alia Bhatt penned a long and emotional note hyping up Vinesh Phogat, and Ananya Panday hailed her as a 'Champ'.

Pic Courtesy: Alia Bhatt and Ananya Panday Instagram

Vicky Kaushal also took to her Instagram stories and shared Phogat's photo expressing, "A winner beyond medals!@vineshphogat" and Bhumi Pednekar also called her a "winner".

Pic Courtesy: Vicky Kaushal and Bhumi Pednekar Instagram

Sonakshi Sinha took to her Instagram stories and wrote, "UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! I can’t imagine how you’re feeling right now and don’t know what to say except you were, are and always will be a champion!!!! @vineshphogat".

Taapsee Pannu also expressed remorse stating, "This is heartbreaking but honestly this woman has already made her mark beyond gold by now! @vineshphogat." In addition to this, Rakul Preet Singh called it "heartbreaking".

Pic Courtesy: Taapsee Pannu, Sonakshi Sinha and Rakul Preet Singh Instagram

Farhan Akhtar also shared a photo of Vinesh and penned a long note sending her immense courage. He wrote, "Dear @vineshphogat .. One can only try and imagine how devastated you must be but still not fully understand. Heartbroken for you that the quest ended like this. But please know that we are all very proud of you and all you have done for the sport. You will always be a champion and an inspiration to millions. Keep your chin up."

Meanwhile, it has been reported that Phogat was hospitalized minutes after she was disqualified. The Olympian fainted due to dehydration. Currently, she is in the polyclinic of the Olympic Village, where she is stable and resting.

https://www.instagram.com/zoieakhtar/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=6bf6b9cd-7a5b-4820-93d6-57b0bd98b7fc

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It’s so heartbreaking.As if the Hockey and Lakshya Sen’s loss wasn’t enough.smiley28

Can someone really get over such grief.She literally cut her hair and drew out blood for the game.smiley18

I wish her soooooooo much strength.That girl has gone through enough now.And yes as someone rightly said “A champion beyond medal.”smiley27

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Damn….150grams? Arghhh…may be she forgot to go to bathroom or clear her bowels before the weighing in. But what a heartbreak it must be….she was right there and then the next minute all gone. Hope she learns to let go of this and focus on the future,

anonymouse1 thumbnail
Engager 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (February 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7

kuchh log Vinesh Phogat ke disqualification ko celebrate kar rahe..

https://x.com/TARUNspeakss/status/1821127377423835409

Outlander22 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

What kind of ruling is this? She should've at least got silver medal, clearly, she won all the other competitions with the "correct" weight.

And this is clearly a failure of her nutrition dietary team, it should never have come down to the last minute for her to gain or lose weight.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

IOA should challenge this decision and protest vehemently. It’s a shame how easily we accepted this unfair ruling. Why cant we go all out protesting this decision ?

This is unfair that she won’t get even Silver. Makes no sense. She defeated someone who had a track recore of win vs. lose of 82-0. smiley3 She’d have won the finale hands down ! Hope this decision is reconsidered.

Edited by prerna4rishav - 1 months ago
e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

IOA should challenge this decision and protest vehemently. It’s a same how easily we accepted this unfair ruling. Why cant we go all out protesting this decision ?

This is unfair that she won’t get even Silver. Makes no sense. She defeated someone who had a track recore of win vs. lose of 82-0. smiley3 She’d have won the finale hands down ! Hope this decision is reconsidered.

I am not able to wrap my head around those 150 grams…I am like did she forget to clear her bowels, did she drink water just before the weigh in or may be she ate an extra peanut or mustard seed or something….I mean 150 g? smiley18

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: e1t53e

I am not able to wrap my head around those 150 grams…I am like did she forget to clear her bowels, did she drink water just before the weigh in or may be she ate an extra peanut or mustard seed or something….I mean 150 g? smiley18

Like really ! Somewhere I read it’s 56 gms which were rounded upto 100 gms. smiley5 And to our surprise, wrestling was supposed to be completed in 1 day earlier, since last year only it’s split in 2 days. And why take weight everytime before the match ? Shouldn’t it be like once you’re in for a game, you’re in till the last round ??

Who made all these ridiculous rules really ? Are they mad ? I refuse to accept that being disqualified before finale = Standing last in ranking. What horribleness. Could there be any more cruel way to break a sportsperson’s morale ? What is the goal of such platforms like Olympics anyways ! To traumatize players with rules ? smiley26

Originally posted by: anonymouse1

kuchh log Vinesh Phogat ke disqualification ko celebrate kar rahe..

https://x.com/TARUNspeakss/status/1821127377423835409

Moorkh logon ko samajh nahi aa raha....India lost a gold medal..smiley18...these idiots can't see the difference between their country and a dirty politician......Country is not equal to a gira hua neta....Country is above everyone.....moorkhon...smiley11