Poll

What's Kishoreda's best solo comic song?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Posted: 1 months ago

Hello Music Lovers!

Aug 4 is none other than Kishore Kumar's birthday and since we didn't open a thread for him, I'm posting multiple polls on his songs.

This one is for his comic solo songs - ones where he's sung and acted on screen.

I know there are innumerable songs from 70s and 80s that deserve mention here but I can't pick and therefore restricting this to his screen performances. Besides, Kishoreda singing and acting is an irresistible & hilarious combination, is it not?

Please vote for your favorite. And look out for other Kishoreda polls coming up!

Also, I picked these songs based on my personal favorites and I've limited it to the 50s and 60s, so if your favorite is something other than those mentioned, do share them on the thread!

Also feel free to share any anecdotes/ trivia from his life.

Tag other music lovers to vote too!

Please vote in the Below polls too!

Kishore da Romantic solo

Kishore da Romantic duet

Kishore da Sad solo

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nutmeg7 thumbnail

I voted for the first. I was so confused to pick between multiple songs. Half ticket movie is also hilarious πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Originally posted by: nutmeg7

I voted for the first. I was so confused to pick between multiple songs. Half ticket movie is also hilarious πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ik. smiley36 If it was anyone other than Kishoreda I'd have found it OTT and cringe. But he makes it work. How he manages to convince everyone he's a half-ticket, I'll never know but whatever - it makes for pure entertainment smiley36

My favorite parts of the movie are those impromptu songs he breaks into smiley37

The Khudkhushi scene! smiley37

Tees saal wali aunty & Chunnu smiley37

Afreekan chacha ..Pran and his chemistry is so great! smiley36

Do vote in the other polls too smiley9

Edited by LizzieBennet - 1 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

More tags, do vote for your favorite Kishore da songs in all the polls!

Let's commemorate his birth anniversary!

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Le i saw ur tag but missed the poll and was wondering comic poll Kahan Gaya. Arre half ticket and chalti ka naam gaadhi total riot

Only Kishore Kumar could pull it off.

Thanks a lot for creating thread for Kishore Kumar. Genius of a man but gone too soon smiley19

chatterbox thumbnail

Can I answer this part here or in other post? If u feel it shd go in other post pls feel free to move it.

There was a bit info i heard recently. Kishore Kumar son Amit Kumar told this in one of the shows.

The song roop Tera mastana. The song as all Know is romantic song with touch of sensuality. The original tune created by s d Burman was very slow type and Rajesh khanna was not liking it.

Kishore Kumar had gone for that hearing session and remember old Bengali song from s d Burman . I can't spell out the Bengali words but that tune was more suitable for this song . Hence what we hear now is result of that.

Even the comic song aake seedhi lagi

That also has something interesting

Female voice was supposed to be of lata mangeshkar but she was away so Kishore Kumar only did both make and female version

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Yeah I’ve heard both these stories often repeated. I think RD Burman spoke about Roop tera mastana and it’s Bengali version and how he persuaded his father to make the tune into something sensual and different from the original but more suited to the context in which it appears in the movie.

Aake seedhi lagi- Kishoreda convinced Salilda to let him sing the female version as Lataji was stuck in traffic and late for the recording. The rest, as they say, is history.

chatterbox thumbnail

Ahh slight difference which u heard but yes end result is what we hear and roop Tera mastana became the rise of Kishore Kumar

PPL now a days remix the original song and use on different tune different set up. Totally ruining the original essence

There was one such remix or parody or what. The original song of roop Tera mastana played but in screen a jhadoo wali is cleaning and dancing using jhadoo as guitar. It was hilarious but at the same time I felt angry ache bhale song ka satyanash kar diya

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Alfaaz Addicts

Man, I hate remixes with a burning passion. And I hate how these songs become popular and no one remembers the original. smiley11

chatterbox thumbnail

I know when I hear remixes I cringe and just change the channel or just start the original one on my phone.

Oh well whatever or how much we write about Kishore Kumar it's never enough. The man was the legend. Kumar sanu came bit close to his style but no one not even Amit Kumar comes close to the genius Kishore Kumar.

When i heard of his death I was crying like crazy. Gone way too soon.