Posted: 1 months ago

Wow

Good part

Geet aur maan milte milte rh gye

Now outhouse refurbished work geet kre

Aur maaneet atleast baat to krne lage

heavenlybliss thumbnail

Thank you yaar. I have saved both threads.

Also theres a new IF game if you are interested

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5359377

aparna3011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

24 n 25

both families are happy knowing that maan n geet are safe

dadaji ask maan to meet doctor shaily as he is cutting off from others

geet gave her card to kartik who wants to talk with her

maan bypass the question from rudra about knowing geet

maan express that he wants to set up his office in out house n waiting for dadaji n daadi's approval

Queen0fDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 8

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

27.png

Chapter 28

Life always has unexpected surprises planned

How you deal with the surprise is a talent in it self.

Applauds filled the bar as customers hooted and whistled at the newly engaged couple. Geet smiled gently as the woman gladly showed off her big rock with pride to her friends and family, mindlessly her thumb brushed along her left ring finger.

She looked away from the newly engaged couple when she felt a nudge from her brother in law who'd arched his brows questioningly.

“Nothing” she muttered taking a sip of her cocktail. “Where are my parents?” she asked looking around.

“They've gone to eat in the kitchen” he pointed. “You want to eat something? Tara cooked Bolognese today”

“No thanks” she answered shaking her head, her eyes roamed towards the couple. “How many times have you witnessed your customers proposing?” she questioned.

“Not many do it in a bar, but we've had a few since we opened up the bar” he responded. ”Every proposal reminds me of Tara proposing to me”

Geet chuckled, “You wish, I still remember you being so nervous to ask my sister out. It really shocked me that you actually proposed her”.

“Tell me about it, I’m still surprised myself” Sean muttered, “I always count my lucky stars whenever I look at your sister” he glanced over his shoulder and grinned seeing Tara walk towards the bar with their daughter cradled in her arms and Nick following closely behind.

“Hi Gigi” Nick yelled excitedly.

“Hi booo” Geet stepped down the stool and stretched her arms out lifting him up off the floor and swinging him up. “It feels like I’ve not seen my boo for days and days” she peppered his face with kisses tickling his sides.

“Gigi you only saw me yesterday” Nick reminded laughing loudly. “When are you taking me to the water park?” he cupped her cheeks. “You pwomised me”

“I know, I know. I’ll get the tickets and take you”

Sean cleared his throat.

“Alright knob, I’ll treat you all”

“Good, you’ve got more than enough money to splash around” he winked.

“You’re such a…”

“Language” Tara cut in.

“I’m sure I recall a certain somebody have the mouth of a sailor” Geet laughed.

“I still remember that dirty mouth” Sean joined in teasingly.

“Well that dirty mouth has to be careful as she is now a mummy” Tara responded brushing her nose against her daughter’s. “Right baby girl?”

Theresa seemed to understand as she kicked her legs cooing.

“See, my daughter agrees”.

“I agwee mommy” Nick called out from Geet’s lap.

“What did you say you little monkey?” Geet gasped and tickled. “You’re supposed to side with me”.

“Gigi” Nick laughed trying to push away her hands.

“So, have you decided bhai?” Kartik looked across the table curiously.

“About?” Maan questioned.

“About getting the outhouse done”

“He’s getting it done” Kirsten chirped.

“I’m only going to get an office done, nothing else” Maan cut in.

“You’re boring and being an ass” Kirsten nudged him. “You need it all done, it needs to be spectacular” she continued dreamily. “We cannot just have one office there that’s modern and the rest of the house outdated”

“Yes and its not your money that is being spent” Maan replied.

“If you’re that POOR, I’ll let you borrow it off me” Kirsten taunted.

“I don’t want to waste my money on something I won’t be using. The outhouse is fine, it doesn’t need anything. I’m only using it for extra space to do my work” Maan reminded.

“But they’re correct” Gaurav looked at his grandson, “you might as well use the space Maan, not to forget one day you’re going to be married”.

Maan sighed heavily, here it goes again he thought inwardly.

“Yeah, you never know you might marry someone as hot as Geet Pearson” Kirsten chirped.

“Maan, your dadima and I have a family coming around next week” Gaurav started recalling the plans he'd made with Savitri.

“Oh please, don’t” Maan shook his head.

“You're going to have to get married one day, Maan” Gaurav stated.

“I…” Maan started only to be cut off by Kirsten.

“You want me to call breadstick and tell her you'll get the whole outhouse done?”

“I'm not getting the whole outhouse done” Maan answered.

“Fine, I'll get it done” Gaurav countered.

“Dadaji”

“Maan” Gaurav stared him down.

“Fine, dammit” he muttered shaking his head. “I'll get it done”.

“Good, now about next week…” Gaurav nodded his head.

“I've got some work to catch up on and Aaron is waiting for a call” he cut off Gaurav standing, he grabbed his cane and walked off towards his office.

“What do I do with him?” Gaurav looked at Maan's retreating back.

“Don’t worry about him, I'll find him someone and he will marry her” Kirsten patted Gaurav's shoulder.

“As much as I love you Kirsten, I don't want your twin” Gaurav laughed.

“Hey, how do you know I won't be your granddaughter in law?” Kirsten answered.

“You've never seen Maan like that, love. Or else I would’ve loved you both together”

“Eww I love my hot chocolate but no, we are not going to be good married to each other” Kirsten scrunched her nose.

“Stop trying to match make me with Kirsten” Maan called out from his home office.

You say past doesn't matter

What was to happen, happened. There is no changing it.

You say it doesn’t affect you

But what of the changes that become you?

The past always has effect on your life.

It can be a good effect or negative effect.

It is your own choice what sort of effect it has on you.

I'm a dreamer

But it's hard to sleep when your head's not in it

I've been restless

'Cause you disappeared and that's all that's missing

The Earth is loose under my shoes

There's an angel

And he's shaped like you, and I thought I knew him

There's a window

And it's dark inside, but the light was in it

This can't be love if it hurts so much

I need to let go, oh

The song belted out loudly through the earphones as Geet jogged down the path, she had drunk a little too much and wanted some fresh air before she climbed into her bed for the evening. The proposal that had taken place in the bar replayed over and over, it reminded me of what she was missing. She could have once had that but…

She sucked in a deep breath brushing her thoughts off, she wasn’t going to let the past take over and remind her of what she lost. She never allowed her past to affect her, she used the past as a strength to push herself forward and come to where she is now, except she is missing the one thing she had always wanted. Love, family.

I will survive and be the one who's stronger

I will not beg you to stay

I will move on and you should know I mean it

Wild horses run in me

Disappointment filled her as she thought of the many proposals her parents had chosen for her. Due to her age and her job, they rejected her. Was it so wrong to be single and have a career?

She wished so many times that her mother had not agreed to move to India. She did love India but sometimes the country was backward in the thinking and it disappoints her whenever she sees that it is not the men but the own women that hold back this country.

I remember

How we danced so close, I would stand on your feet

And the phone calls

That would last all night, they were lifeboats to me

Our fading scars just shooting stars

They're here, then go

I will…

Wild horses run in me

Our human hearts forget how strong they are

And they get lost along the way, hey

It's not giving up, it's letting go

And moving to a better place

Geet slowed down to walking as she neared her old apartment, she climbed up the steps and waved to her old doorman and headed up stairs.

Stepping into the apartment, she glanced around.

The lights were switched off, the apartment filled with silence.

There was once a time, there had been another voice.

A voice that she had let go of.

Wild horses run in me

###Past###

“Geet” her name a soft whisper on his lips.

An instant smile came to her lips, she opened her eyes and was blessed with the sight of intense…

She stood there soaking the memories that washed over her like a crashing wave, tears clouded her vision for a moment before she straightened composing herself and turned away closing the door behind her. Her footsteps pounded the stairs as she descended, she waved at the doorman as she passed him and disappeared into the grey night.

Wild horses run in me

-----

“Pearson Designs” Adhira answered the phone. “How can I help?”

“Hiya, I'm trying to get in touch with Geet Pearson”

“Okay, may I take your name and what it is regarding?”

“My name is Maan Khurana and it's regarding the appointment I had with her yesterday”.

“Okay, bear with me a second please” Adhira clicked on the transfer button and called Geet's phone.

“Adhira, don’t you understand the meaning of – Do not disturb me today” Geet spoke without waiting for her to speak.

“I've got Maan Khurana on the phone” Adhira informed.

“Take a message, I've got a client to meet in 10 minutes that is going to sue me if I don’t fix the fcked up mess Rishi created for me” Geet answered, “Take a message and tell him I'll call him later, also when Rishi gets into the office this morning – send him to my office and he better have his resignation letter with him” she added.

“Okay” Adhira rolled her eyes and returned to Maan, “I'm sorry Mr Khurana, Geet is due to see a client in a couple of minutes. May I take a message please?”

“Yeah, sure. Can you please inform her that I will go ahead with getting the outhouse done and can she send me a full breakdown of the costs please”.

“Okay, I'll pass on the message”

“Thank you very much, bye” Maan cut the call rolling his eyes at Kirsten who grinned foolishly.

“I better not regret this, it's going to cost so much money” he sighed.

“You're going to love it and whoever marries you will love that you can afford Geet Pearson, even I couldn’t afford her” she laughed cheerfully.

“So you're affording her through me?” Maan arched his brows.

“Of course hot chocolate bun” Kirsten grinned widely.

-------

“Kartik Khurana?” Aryan glanced around the waiting room.

“Yes, that's me” Kartik stood smiling widely.

“C'mon on in” Aryan gestured and went into the office.

Kartik looked confused when he noticed no one else was in the interview room with him.

“Something on your mind?” Aryan questioned taking a seat on the other side.

“No, I just assumed Geet Pearson would be taking my interview” Kartik responded.

“Oh, that isn't what Geet does. She leaves that to me” Aryan explained, “She's a busy woman”.

“Ah… okay” Kartik nodded.

“Shall we get started?” Aryan questioned.

“Yes, please” Kartik answered eagerly, thankful that it was not Geet who was interviewing him. If it had been her, there was a slight possible chance that she refuses to interview him due to the connection between both families and the awkwardness that was between her and his family.