Watched two Dharma movies in a day, Each worse than the other

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago

Mr and Mrs Mahi (Netflix) and Bad News(Theatres)…KJo is becoming the Ekta of Bollywood i think. (Ironically Ekta’s Bolly sense is good) When ekta became super successful on TV she thought she can show any shit and it will work because of larger than life sets and cast but she lost all hold on TV. Since years hardly any shows of her are on air on tv. I think it’s the same with KJo…especially the movies he produces. Such lazy movies both of them.. Watching them seemed like some kid wrote the script and a kid was only responsible for executing them. Everything happens super fast without any emotions sinking in or any build up happening. Such poor screenplay, writing and execution. Wasted a whole of Saturday on two bad movies!!!

Edited by _symphony - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sorry that you ended up wasting your precious time and money

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I mean this isn’t new lol… that’s always been the case with Dharma. Let’s not forget they also churned out the biggest disaster of the decade Brahmastra, which they took 6 years to make. Even Mr and Mrs Kapoor couldn’t save that awful film (not blaming them but just saying their couldn’t save it)

On paper all of these ideas sound really good, including Mahi, Bad Newz etc - it’s the execution that ruins it. I would even go as far as not even blaming the actors. It’s the writers, screenplay, and directors fault. Like you said, no build up and rushed.

Even if you compare Good Newz and Bad Newz - there is a stark difference as far as buildup, character arcs and overall screenplay is concerned

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 1 months ago
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

I mean this isn’t new lol… that’s always been the case with Dharma. Let’s not forget they also churned out the biggest disaster of the decade Brahmastra, which they took 6 years to make. Even Mr and Mrs Kapoor couldn’t save that awful film (not blaming them but just saying their couldn’t save it)

On paper all of these ideas sound really good, including Mahi, Bad Newz etc - it’s the execution that ruins it. I would even go as far as not even blaming the actors. It’s the writers, screenplay, and directors fault. Like you said, no build up and rushed.

Even if you compare Good Newz and Bad Newz - there is a stark difference as far as buildup, character arcs and overall screenplay is concerned

Absolutely i thought the same that on paper these ideas sound good. But may be there is some rush to release the films..wonder why when each film is made with whooping budgets more than 50 CR.