Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

Switching to sneakers didn't help ?

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I didn’t like her reviews I found them harsh and biased

It must not have been an easy decision for her. It's a difficult phase for publishers in general, with many facing similar challenges.

• Users are increasingly hooked on short-form content, leading to shifts in audience behavior. As a result, some publishers are downsizing, while others are shutting down entirely.
  • Original stories are often rehashed within minutes by bigger players, who then attract more views due to Google's preference for authoritative sources. This makes it hard for smaller publishers to compete.
  • Monetization is another significant issue, especially with the changes surrounding first-party cookies and data privacy regulations. This has made it more challenging to generate revenue through traditional online advertising.
  • Additionally, celebrities are now creating their own content, such as talk shows and podcasts with other celebrities. This direct access to audiences further reduces the need for traditional media outlets.

Are there any other issues you think might have contributed to this situation?

Edited by vijay - 2 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Good riddance to these people

While Anupama Chopra has not disclosed the exact reason for Film Companion's closure, she has announced that she will be leading the team at The Hollywood Reporter India.

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Good riddance to these people

I tend to disagree. They were doing good though at times I felt the reviews were a little biased but thats fine.

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

For the longest time it used to be my go to site for all things BW but the quality has declined drastically the past couple of years with them openly being biased towards a couple of production houses and actors. Who knows, may be it was their last futile attempt to keep their business afloat. Any way ,So long Film Companion!

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: vijay

While Anupama Chopra has not disclosed the exact reason for Film Companion's closure, she has announced that she will be leading the team at The Hollywood Reporter India.

So this means, we will still have to endure her harsh reviews albeit from a different news station.. 😑

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 2 months ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Acha hua , pakk gaye thay uss hyper bandariya Sucharita ko overly excited ho ho kar uchalaty huway, aur maindakee jaisi Anupama ko shudh gaadhi English may bak bak kartay dekhtay.

Bohut hua inn dono ka.