Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 months ago

Double post

Edited by 2RsFan - 1 months ago

Word Count: 0

2RsFan thumbnail

Wahaj needs to up his game by signing some great content, he needs to consider the script along with the director.

Well this script is by the greatest writer on PTV industry and directed by one of the most acclaimed directors. You cannot go bigger than that.

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

Well this script is by the greatest writer on PTV industry and directed by one of the most acclaimed directors. You cannot go bigger than that.

One needs to read the script and the role as well. Biggest directors & writers can falter. I hope he read the script & considered the role instead of blindly signing it just coz of the director and writer.

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anshvi

One needs to read the script and the role as well. Biggest directors & writers can falter. I hope he read the script & considered the role instead of blindly signing it just coz of the director and writer.

what do you think smiley17

we can only hope haseeb and maya were using their judgment astutely before opting to be a part of this.

on a serious note: it's different when you are in the B league and shows you get only have first 8-10 episodes written before you sign or even start shooting so having faith in the director is essential. now that you are an a-lister you can demand that you need the bound script or more written episodes before you sign on.

p.p.s. bilal signed ishq murshid based on 10 episodes narration. the rest were written after he signed on. ehtashamuddin in his iv said that when he signed on kabli pulao only the first few episodes were written. kashif couldn't even tell him how story will end coz zafar mairajhad not yet written it.

Edited by hypnotoad - 1 months ago
2RsFan thumbnail

I think we need to be realistic. 80% of PTV dramas suck and tend to be the same cliched stories. Actors simply don’t have enough options and the ones who do decide to be choosy, have to go on a long hibernation. Wahaj hasn’t signed anything apart from TB 2 so I guess he is being very selective now.

anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

what do you think smiley17

we can only hope haseeb and maya were using their judgment astutely before opting to be a part of this.

on a serious note: it's different when you are in the B league and shows you get only have first 8-10 episodes written before you sign or even start shooting so having faith in the director is essential. now that you are an a-lister you can demand that you need the bound script or more written episodes before you sign on.

p.p.s. bilal signed ishq murshid based on 10 episodes narration. the rest were written after he signed on. ehtashamuddin in his iv said that when he signed on kabli pulao only the first few episodes were written. kashif couldn't even tell him how story will end coz zafar mairajhad not yet written it.

Wahaj has a habit of singing projects without really paying heed to the script if he likes the director...This is something I don't think is the right way to go & it's strictly my personal opinion.

Earlier Wahaj didn't use to get great offers but things have changed & thus he should also change his process of script selection....One doesn't need to read episodic stories, even the broad story suffices coz even from the broad story an actor can understand the subject and his character pretty well.

It's not like Wahaj's script selection is poor, he has opted for some great stuff in the past...His filmography in fact is one of the most versatile so I don't even want to compare his choices with other actors.

Having said that, I now want to see him portraying central characters which can justify his caliber as an actor. Earlier getting central roles was difficult for Wahaj but since the last few years things have changed for the better!

He just needs to give the script & role as much importance as he gives to the director. Again, strictly my personal opinion.

Edited by anshvi - 1 months ago
unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I feel like there is a lack of great scripts because most of them are dictated by what production wants and endings are changed and episodes are stretched accordingly. Also I’ve noticed that most scripts in PTV are female centric and I think it might be because the target audience is predominantly female. Perhaps this is why he relies on the director more than the script. I do feel like he looks the project overall rather than his specific role. I know that he is also known help other actors with their characters that strengthens their own roles. While it’s admirable that he doesn’t seem to mind taking on supportive roles, I think he needs to accept that he’s in a different league now. I’m not sure if he understands that fully. His fans want to see him in strong roles with ample screen time. In Mein for example, I feel he should have demanded more lines and a POV which we didn’t get even in the end. There were many times when he was just relegated to the background. Having said that, I am more hopeful for Sun Mere Dil - I think he will have a more central character.

2RsFan thumbnail

Originally posted by: unicornhugs

I feel like there is a lack of great scripts because most of them are dictated by what production wants and endings are changed and episodes are stretched accordingly. Also I’ve noticed that most scripts in PTV are female centric and I think it might be because the target audience is predominantly female. Perhaps this is why he relies on the director more than the script. I do feel like he looks the project overall rather than his specific role. I know that he is also known help other actors with their characters that strengthens their own roles. While it’s admirable that he doesn’t seem to mind taking on supportive roles, I think he needs to accept that he’s in a different league now. I’m not sure if he understands that fully. His fans want to see him in strong roles with ample screen time. In Mein for example, I feel he should have demanded more lines and a POV which we didn’t get even in the end. There were many times when he was just relegated to the background. Having said that, I am more hopeful for Sun Mere Dil - I think he will have a more central character.

See you can stand out even in female centric shows if the role is written well. Wahaj has already done that in some of his previous shows. He should just be careful of stuff like Mein.

unicornhugs thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 2RsFan

See you can stand out even in female centric shows if the role is written well. Wahaj has already done that in some of his previous shows. He should just be careful of stuff like Mein.

Definitely and he did that in 22 Qadam. Still I feel people expect more focus and screen time on his character at this stage in his career. Maybe if he does a few of those then people would be okay with some really strong supporting roles. But I completely agree that he has always been able to shine even in supportive roles in the past.