Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: FlowerHater

Geeta I guess as I am not a history buff.Do excuse of I am wrong

Geeta is a book not an inscription. Inscription is like something written/punched on rocks/pillars/coins etc.

Originally posted by: Thorn.Princess

This is a tough one, will need much thought, coz the general understanding I have is that vedas were mostly transmitted orally for much of time till they were written down by esteemed scholars, and you've negated the inscription being a book.

I was otherwise going to answer with Natyashashtra, which talks about the four vedas as well as Abhinaya Darpana (plays) that showcase Ram Leela and Mahabharat Katha.

"Let me make a Fifth Veda, to be called Natya (Drama), combined with epic story, tending to virtue, wealth, (pleasure and spiritual freedom), yielding fame — a concise instruction setting forth all the events of the world about to be, containing the significance of every Scripture, and forwarding every art." Thus, recalling all the Vedas, the Blessed Brahma framed the Natya Veda from the several parts of the Four Vedas, as desired. From the Rig Veda he drew forth the words, from the Sama Veda the singing, from the Yajur Veda gesture, and from the Atharva Veda the flavour."

https://archive.org/details/cu31924012568535/page/n15/mode/2up?view=theater

I know Vedas were orally transmitted. The question was just about this inscriptional mention of names of the Vedas

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

The first inscription to mention the names of the Vedas, as well as Ram and Yudhisthir, is the Nasik Prashasti (eulogy) also known as the Nasik Cave Inscription. This inscription, attributed to the Satavahana dynasty, dates back to the 1st century CE. It is notable for its references to the Vedas and key figures from Indian epics.

Nasik inscription mentions Vedic deities but not the names of the Vedas(or even the word Veda)

But will be highly obliged if you could share the details

Congratulations to Abc775 for giving the correct answer for this question...

Great to have such history experts with us

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Congratulations to Abc775 for giving the correct answer for this question...

Great to have such history experts with us

Let's congratulate the winner

CID-fan-394 thumbnail

Congrats for giving the right answersmiley40

950842 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Abc775

Boghazkoi inscription (1400 bc) mentions of vedic gods and also inscription of kadamba ruler of 3rd century A D mentions name of vedas

Congratulations smiley40

(*^ω^)人(^ω^*)

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Fìrst of all, kudos to you Ship for bringing such nice and tough quizzes. Even I am learning from it. I am eagerly looking forward regarding what you bring next on the table. And heartiest congratulations to ABC775 for cracking it.

Abc775 thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you everyone ❤ Can't tag you all (being a beginner)

Today's question. This should be easy for history lovers

As per a very famous Sanskrit play, which important emperor of Indian history got his brother (the emperor then) killed and married his wife and took the throne, since the brother was incapable of protecting the empire as well as his wife