Bitcoin, Ethereum & Altcoins:An Introduction to Cryptocurrencies

Sharing information

Sutapasima thumbnail

Helping Hands

Posted: 2 months ago

IMG_1460.jpeg

Cryptocurrency also called Crypto, is a mode of digital payment system, it does not require any bank involvement , nor the sanction of any financial institution.

It exists only in digital form, and people use it mainly for online transactions. Many physical purchases are possible by using this . There are everal companies sell cryptocurrency, unlike traditional money printed only by the government.

While ordinary currency is made of Paper or plastic, we can hold it or store in our purses …cryptocurrency exists only in digital form and we can store is in our digital wallet .

We dont need any authorisation for carrying transactions through crypto currency. Although government regulations are absent from the cryptocurrency market, they are taxable assets. You’ll need to file any profit or loss with the Internal Revenue Service/Tax service.

Banks always insure our money kept in our bank accounts against any loss, while cryptocurrency has no recourse in case we face any loss.

Edited by Sutapasima - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vijay thumbnail

Thanks for the detailed explanation, Sutapasima! I appreciate the breakdown, especially for someone like me who’s not very familiar with cryptocurrency. It's fascinating how it's entirely digital and doesn’t involve banks. The concept of a digital wallet is new to me, but I see how it's crucial for storing crypto.

It's also good to know that even though cryptocurrencies are not regulated by governments, we still need to report any profits or losses for tax purposes. The point about the lack of insurance is a bit concerning, as it means we need to be very careful with how we manage and secure our crypto assets.

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Thanks Suta For This Information On Bit Coins

Sutapasima thumbnail

Helping Hands

Names of popularly used Cryptocurrencies

Bitcoin (BTC) Bitcoin is the original cryptocurrency and is still the most well-known. ...

Ethereum (ETH) ...

Tether (USDT) ...

USD Coin (USDC) ...

BNB (BNB) ...

Binanva Coin USD (BUSD) ...

XRP (XRP) ...

Cardano (ADA)

Solana (SOL)

Dogecoin (DOGE)

Polkadot (DOT)

Dai (DAI)
Polygon (MATIC)

Shiba Inu (SHIB)

TRON (TRX)

Avalanche (AVAX)

Edited by Sutapasima - 2 months ago
Sutapasima thumbnail

Helping Hands

Posted: 1 months ago

Litecoin LTC

Stellar XLM

Bitcoin cash BCH

These are few more units of Cryptocurrency .

Sutapasima thumbnail

Helping Hands

Posted: 1 months ago

A cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency secured by cryptography.

This makes it nearly impossible to counterfeit or double-spend. Most cryptocurrencies exist on decentralized networks using blockchain technology—a distributed ledger enforced by a disparate network of computers worldwide.