🏏ZIM vs IND β€’ 4th T20I, 2024β€’ India tour of Zimbabwe, 2024🏏

Match Discussion

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 3 months ago

India and Zimbabwe are all set to continue their ongoing T20I series by facing off in the fourth T20I at the Harare Sports Club on Saturday, July 13. The series began with Zimbabwe pulling off a major upset, defeating India in the first T20I. However, the Men in Blue have made remarkable progress since then.

Under the leadership of Shubman Gill, India won the second and third T20Is, gaining the lead in the series. The side goes into the fourth T20I looking at it as a potential series decider. They will hope to put any hopes from the hosts to rest and register yet another win.

Back to their collective best, a clutch of young Indian stars will be eager to usher in a new era in the shortest format with a series victory when they face Zimbabwe in the fourth T20I on Saturday.

After an unexpected defeat in the first match, the Shubman Gill-led side rediscovered its mojo in the second and third games to take a 2-1 lead with comprehensive wins.

Under the existing cricketing landscape, a series win over Zimbabwe will not rank high in the pecking order, but it will certainly spark ambitions inside some young players who are keen to take the team forward post the retirement of some modern-day greats.

Edited by SoniRita - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

After a shock defeat in the first T20I, India have roared back strongly to take the next two matches, and now stand one win short of securing a series win. India vs Zimbabwe fixtures may not be as exciting or pulsating as it was back in the late 1990s or the early 2000s, but with these two teams, you never know. Both units are filled with youngsters looking to transition into a new era, and even though the Men in Blue start favorites to make it a hat-trick of wins, count Zimbabwe out at your own peril.

Some of the young Indian superstars are back following their T20 World Cup triumph in West Indies. Yashasvi Jaiswal, Shivam Dube, Sanju Samson and Shivam Dube are set to hang on to their places, while Riyan Parag is expected to once again warm the bench. Shubman Gill, who scored a timely fifty in the previous game will continue to open, meaning Abhishek Sharma, who struck a whirlwind century in the second game, will come in at No. 3… again.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Pitch Report:

The surface at the Harare Sports Club is expected to help the spinners. With a rather slow pitch, the batters should look to stay patient in the early stages of the game and accelerate towards the end. Opting to bat first after winning the toss could be a wise decision.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Probable Playing 11

Zimbabwe:

Wessly Madhevere, Innocent Kaia, Brian Bennett, Sikandar Raza (c), Dion Myers, Johnathan Campbell, Clive Madande (wk), Wellington Masakadza, Luke Jongwe, Blessing Muzarabani, Tendai Chatara

India:

Shubman Gill (c), Abhishek Sharma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shivam Dube, Riyan Parag, Sanju Samson (wk), Rinku Singh, Washington Sundar, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, Ravi Bishnoi

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Probable Top Performers of the match

Probable Best Batter of the match: Shubman Gill

India skipper Shubman Gill could be the best batter in the upcoming game against Zimbabwe. With a knock of 66 runs in 49 deliveries in the third T20I, Gill showed resilience and helped his side win the game. His knock could once again be crucial for the side.

Probable Best Bowler of the match: Washington Sundar

India’s Washington Sundar could be the best bowler in the upcoming game against Zimbabwe. With four overs bowled in the third T20I, Sundar conceded just 15 runs and took three wickets in the process. He will hope to put in a similar performance in the fourth T20I as well.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

India vs Zimbabwe Head to Head

In the series history between India and Zimbabwe, a total of 11 matches have been played. India has emerged victorious in 8 of these encounters, while Zimbabwe has won 3. There have been no matches ending in a no result or a tie. This gives India a win percentage of 72.72%, demonstrating their dominance in the series. Conversely, Zimbabwe's win percentage stands at 27.27%, indicating a more challenging performance against India.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

India vs Zimbabwe Toss

Harare pitch will support spinners and some early help for fast bowlers. The team that wins toss will look to bat first and score big for the opposition to chase.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

India vs Zimbabwe Weather

On Saturday, Harare is expected to have beautiful weather with plenty of sunshine and a high of 26Β°C. The bright, clear skies will provide an excellent backdrop for an exciting game.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Thank you, Soni, for the thread and for tagging me. smiley31

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

I came across a reel

Wanted to post here smiley37

Thanks for d thread smiley40

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C9SB4eXSByR/?igsh=dTF3Mzc5M3c4NWFi