_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 months ago

He is a good actor and I understand that he wants to do different cinema, But i wonder why always lame and tacky romcoms like The great Indian family or zhzb or govinda or bad news? He was brilliant in Sardar Udham Singh, Sam Bahadur, Uri. But these romcom films seem to ruin his filmography. Why doesn’t Vicky take up more sophisticated romantic/thriller films? I know Sunny has only done a bunch of films but he has chosen good films. Shiddat, Chor nikal ke bhaga. Now he is coming in haseen dilruba2. Vicky can also consider sensitive and sensible romantic movies, He will definitely nail it. No need to act like a jumping joker in every film in which you are not playing a super serious character.

Edited by _symphony - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Banned

[Post Removed]

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

I liked zhzb and govinda was okay

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I started watching govinda naam mera with zero expectations but it was quite entertaining

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

I loved ZHZB and Bad Newz seems like so much fun too. I love these kinds of movies and I have no guilt about it

Banned

[Post Removed]

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: _symphony

He is a good actor and I understand that he wants to do different cinema, But i wonder why always lame and tacky romcoms like The great Indian family or zhzb or govinda or bad news? He was brilliant in Sardar Udham Singh, Sam Bahadur, Uri. But these romcom films seem to ruin his filmography. Why doesn’t Vicky take up more sophisticated romantic/thriller films? I know Sunny has only done a bunch of films but he has chosen good films. Shiddat, Chor nikal ke bhaga. Now he is coming in haseen dilruba2. Vicky can also consider sensitive and sensible romantic movies, He will definitely nail it. No need to act like a jumping joker in every film in which you are not playing a super serious character.

Unfortunately Vicky's good work hasn't translated into numbers. He is more known for his work in Raazi, Sanju, ZHZB, Dunki - all in the commercial zone. There is Uri too but that was a one-off. The other movies have flopped.

He needs films like Bad Newz to work if he wants to become more popular and build his stardom.

He has more hype and public interest in his viral dancing reel from ZHZB promotions, and his current Tauba Tauba song, than Sardar Udham Singh and Sam Bahadur. You can deny it all you want, but this is the bitter truth. He's giving the public what they want, and we want it.

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Good news was a fun movie. Let Bad News release first.

Vicky was fineee in that tauba song 😍

bloomers thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Unfortunately Vicky's good work hasn't translated into numbers. He is more known for his work in Raazi, Sanju, ZHZB, Dunki - all in the commercial zone. There is Uri too but that was a one-off. The other movies have flopped.

He needs films like Bad Newz to work if he wants to become more popular and build his stardom.

He has more hype and public interest in his viral dancing reel from ZHZB promotions, and his current Tauba Tauba song, than Sardar Udham Singh and Sam Bahadur. You can deny it all you want, but this is the bitter truth. He's giving the public what they want, and we want it.

Sam bahadur netted 100+ domestically and was a clean hit despite clashing with Animal.

I don't understand why he doesn't sign more of such films. Actors like Ranveer and Shahid, despite their career lows, have a long list of films that are career defining. I can rattle off so many like Haider, kaminey, Gully boy, Padmavat etc.

With Vicky, I can't think of anything immediately except Uri (that released in theaters). Surely he must've gotten offers better than the great Indian family and that Govinda film.

Edited by bloomers - 2 months ago