Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

So disappointing to me that Akshay (again) decided to do a remake of a South movie, an excellent Tamil one (albeit with the same director and Paresh Rawal again giving the main 'villain' for the Hindi version).

When I got to know that Safira would be the remake of the 4 year old Soorarai Pottru, I watched the original (as I do very often if I can) and I somehow doubt that the intensity of the Tamil movie will be seen in Sarfira with Akshay taking the role of Suriya. Still I may watch the film on OTT just as I did for Shaiwaan (no match to the original Vish, btw.).

The movie will at least have a great story with a leading pair where both are on the same level (partners in love and life)... and maybe the director Sudha Kongara will be true to his original which was produced by the leading pair and the well choosing Guneet Monga.

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
GoodDoc_2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Heard that tickets are going a begging for this movie.

All the things done for wooing the bhaktjan seems to have been a major waste.

Why would anyone want to watch a remake when the excellent original is still available for all to see thanks to OTT?

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

5-6 crores not befitting Akshay’s stardom? Selfie opened at 2.5 crores. Are we pretending that movie never happened? Given how bad the advance booking of this movie is 5-6 crores is actually not bad.

TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Akshay's stardom have gone for a toss. The advance is even poor than selfie which opened around 2crr first day? That's what happens when you keep doing dozen movies in a year and complete the movies in just few months. Akshay back to his pre hera pheri days. Even Rajkumar rao movies are opening better.

Edited by TheDarkRock - 3 months ago
DushtKanya thumbnail

I feel bad for Akshay. A lot of us grew up seeing his movies, it's sad to see openings in the range of 2-4 cr for him :( He needs to take a break, rethink about his choices and do less movies in one year. Oversaturation is real

minakrish thumbnail

Love Legion

Is this a remake of Suriya's "Soorarai Pottru" (tamil movie)? It very much looks like it.smiley24