Show Discussions

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Enigma Experts

Posted: 2 months ago

I thought both Rehmati and Munna would go to Zarnab's house, but instead, we see Rehmati going to Munna's place to threaten him.

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 201911.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 201933.jpg

TheMsSupernova thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Enigma Experts

Originally posted by: TheMsSupernova

I thought both Rehmati and Munna would go to Zarnab's house, but instead, we see Rehmati going to Munna's place to threaten him.

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 201911.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-07-08 201933.jpg

Once again, my predictions were way off. I'm impressed with how they keep throwing curveballs at us. It's hard to predict what's going to happen next.

I was avoiding the thread due to spoilers and wanted to catch up first but boy am I excited to see what everyone thought of the last episode.

This week overall I think completely belonged to Zarnab and Yumna ! That is not to take away from the performances of the rest of the cast - Matlab aik se barh ker aik performer hai yahan where unlike some shows you’re not exaggerating your favorites’ performance but jo wakai main saaf nazar aa raha hai, from Zahid to Sohai to Adnan to Humayun, kis kis ki tareef ki jaye- and YET because the focus of the writing this week was on Zarnab’s “reactions,” it’s Yumna who takes the cake this week. Give this girl all the awards man. Those vulnerable and heart wrenching scenes with Faris ??! The impact of those scenes due to what Yumna did with them is amazing. Any lesser actor even by an inch would have maybe done a decent job but it’s a testament to her skill how she completely ELEVATES such moments smiley32

We heard a lot of preemptive and premature jabs at the show for not delivering but look at the show now. There’s simply no comparison at all. The writing and the performance, the direction? Top notch. And now with the suspense element added, you’re completely hooked. How often do you see a show where characters constantly challenge the audience ? Where they subvert expectations ? Was anyone expecting Rehmati to transfer Faris and not Mifra ? Was anyone expecting Faris to apologize to Zarnab and come clean? Was anyone expecting him to retreat again and that scene between him and Mifra and later Zarnab. However these scenes transpired my expectations were completely different and then the scene builds in such a satisfying way and leaves you speechless. HOWWWW. And then that argument between Munna and Rehmati and how Munna somehow GETS Rehmati and it’s a battle of wits instead of a physical battle. All these things make Gentleman such a unique and moving experience.

It’s just been a very rewarding show to watch and it makes you laugh one moment “Abhi abhi Musalmaan howa hai, abhi usse Kufr ke achay din yaad aa rahe hain” and breaks your heart the next “jab yeh tootay ga tou sochna keh yeh cup toota hai ya kissi ka bharam” 💔 it’s a rollercoaster man.

Even the small things like Abba and Zarnab ka relationship - so wholesome ? So honest ? Love it. And again I have to give credit to Haissam for the casting of Faris. It was so so smart of him to cast an actor who works brilliantly with Yumna because so much of the show is also about this relationship and not Munna/Zarnab. When you have this much screen time for a third lead the actor and someone who can carry the complexity like Zahid is, works wonders. I’m absolutely in love with this shady character because he’s so realistically flawed and his scenes with both Mifra and Zarnab are brilliantly written.

This show is written for an intelligent audience. Not for antis passing non consequential judgements based on insta reels smiley1

This show is definitely matching up to be a classic. And I can’t wait to see critics ki reactions on this week because these two episodes were out of the park brilliant.

He has a split personality- that’s the only explanation smiley37 You will still see a line every few episodes which remind you that okay this is written by him but for the most part the depth his characters are showing on screen and the very human complexities and how beautifully they’re translated on screen, it’s mind boggling that this is the same man you see frequently losing it on tv and creating controversies 24/7. It makes no sense at all smiley36 Maybe someone else is writing for him and he takes all the credit lol

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Did anyone observe Faris ke mooche har scene mein change horahe heinsmiley37

Zahid’s performance is so impactful that at this point, sab ka sab maaf hai smiley36

Aaj Kya Drama Hai said the same thing. That they don’t give a crap about the moonch anymore because Zahid is delivering Faris like crazy good smiley41

This is really such an achievement for the show that they’re giving us a dynamic like Faris-Zarnab while at the same time building up for Zarnab-Munna. I’m not even getting impatient because I’m so invested to see what happens with both. They’re both engaging in their own different way and they keep me curious and in suspense smiley32

Faris is a deeply intriguing character. We know his actions are morally wrong, and we find ourselves rooting against him. Yet, he also reflects a common aspect of human nature.

In many ways, Faris represents the typical person who often opts for the easier path, which isn't always the right one. He chose the easy way by accepting help from Mifra, despite the significant costs involved. I believe many people would make the same choice if offered similar benefits. Some might even leave someone like Zarnab to be with someone like Mifra for the advantages she could provide.

Most of us share traits with Faris—selfishness and weakness. We tend to take the path of least resistance, not because we're inherently bad, but because we prioritize our own comfort and interests.

Most of us are like Faris, not like Munna or Zarnab.

Beautifully put. Faris has 2 whisperers - Zarnab the good angel trying to set him on the right path but at times perhaps pushing him too much and unfairly aligning her moral compass with his, when his may never be as straight as hers. And Mifra - the devil whispering doubts and questions to lead him astray. And like many, Faris listens to Mifra because it’s convenient but he’s also constantly pulled by Zarnab and what she represents. I don’t think it’s purely zidd or stubbornness like Mifra puts it. I think part of Faris does want to be the man Zarnab wants him to be but he’s just not strong enough to pass every test. He’s weak.

Perhaps he’ll reach a breaking point. I think there will be a deciding moment for him. I think it’s also possible that he might die in the middle of the story. Idk I get tragic vibes from him lol. This man is doomed

Knowing her temper, she'd probably drive into a river and abandon it there.

Sinking feeling : r/gifs

Of course. The only logical place for haraam according to Zarnab smiley36

Girl has no middle ground. Ya aar ya paar lol

Sunshine75 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Yumna Zaidi

Originally posted by: tgota92

This show is written for an intelligent audience. Not for antis passing non consequential judgements based on insta reels smiley1

This show is definitely matching up to be a classic. And I can’t wait to see critics ki reactions on this week because these two episodes were out of the park brilliant.

this is exactly it. It's not for people who are looking for romantic gazes. Whoever did casting for the show, did an excellent job. Every actor fits in their role to the T. đź‘Ź

Originally posted by: bips

Mifra is just weird... She says all these big big dialogues jaise pyaar ke baare mein kuch gehra bol rahi ho.. Par nonsense hi hota hai sab.. Kuch sar paer nahin

She is weird.. And Without sense.. And without a moral compass..

She’s a manipulator. Whatever she says for Faris is actually also true for herself. He’s just a “win” for her ego and she doesn’t want to lose him.

As much as Faris is flipping between the two girls, the girls are also making it into a game. Mifra wants him to herself as much as she wants to one up Zarnab. And Zarnab wants to keep Faris as long as he passes her xyz test of morality, in a sense changing him to be better also feeds into her ego and sense of self righteousness.

It’s the scene between the two girls that changes it into this game. Zarnab could have just told Mifra to eff off and leave her fiancé alone. But she consciously chose to challenge Mifra keh do your worst because I also want to see how much Faris can endure and resist on his own merit. It shifted the love triangle into a total gray zone where nobody is dealing with this situation ideally. They’re all flawed.