Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 days ago

The only advantage Hindi dubbed has is Prabhas voice, diction and dialogue delivery gets upgraded which is lazy and bad to worse in Telugu. For ex, There is a point where he comes to rescue Ashwathama and asks him if he was late in coming which was cringe in Telugu but in Hindi it was so powerful. I felt the same in Baahubali also. Sharad Khelkar’s voice was so good compared to the cringe and bad dialogue delivery of Prabhas.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: elaichichai

Well some people are still waiting on this to flop..lol

Who???

The film has enough ingredients to please a lot of people (with desi roots). smiley1

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don't think anyone is hoping for it to flop. The movie has already surpassed all expectations. However, there's nearly a 100 crore difference between the trade and producer figures, and no one's talking about it. Anyway, I'll wait for the OTT release because these kinds of movies aren't really my thing. I've tried watching a few big South blockbusters but ended up stopping halfway. There's a huge market for them, but they're just not for me.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Actually Kalki has beat expectations..There wasnt enough buzz..nobody was expecting anything from it..especially with Prabhas coming off a monstrous disaster like Adipurush and genre of Kalki - difficult to get it right..

Salaar was also not a clean hit..

Everyone hated the trailer too..it was touted to be a flop or another disaster in the kitty of Prabhas. But it is working because the movie itself is actually good and has a powerful second half from all reviews that have come out now.

People who dislike anything related with Indian culture..will obviously not like this movie because anything Ramayana/ Mahabharat is basically promoting intolerance in the country to them..

Clochette thumbnail

Although I don't believe in the numbers given, I think that Kalki incites discussion in a positive way.

I don't agree with Max' reasoning, btw, that "anything Ramayana/ Mahabharat is basically promoting intolerance in the country to" those who have some knowledge... (the intolerance was/is promoted by politics, not by the legends, imo).

elaichichai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Although I don't believe in the numbers given, I think that Kalki incites discussion in a positive way.

I don't agree with Max' reasoning, btw, that "anything Ramayana/ Mahabharat is basically promoting intolerance in the country to" those who have some knowledge... (the intolerance was/is promoted by politics, not by the legends, imo).

Interesting...

elaichichai thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

The way no names are mentioned and we have people getting defensive, typical IF

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: elaichichai

The way no names are mentioned and we have people getting defensive, typical IF

If you allude at me, write it clearly...as for Max...it's just that I don't like that certain things are got generalized...to me, intolerance is a part of human behaviour (not in all humans but in far too many) and it has nothing to do with being Hindu or not...