Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 days ago

Originally posted by: Rangaaa

Your constant changing of goal posts reeks desperation. smiley36 From Kajol being a bigger draw in Fanaa in general to her in overseas when proven wrong.

YRF had a wider distribution network in oversees is very well known. Many filmmakers got them on board for overseas distribution. Many within the industry know YRF factor is huge in overseas.

The following movies released in the same year were not distributed by YRF overseas.

2001, Aamir starrer's Lagaan - 2.2M , DCH - 1.4M ,

SRK starrer's Asoka - 1.8M, One2Ka4 - 0.5M,

Kajol starrer Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi - struggled to make even half a million.

Lagaan was clearly a gamechanger for Aamir in overseas market.

Mangal Pandey was distributed by YRF overseas made close to 3M.

RDB without YRF distribution was a blockbuster overseas.

Aamir was bigger than Kajol worldwide at the time of Fanaa's release.

Lol first of all, I've never even encountered you before. But just a few days ago, there's a new account identical to your username, and all of its posts are about harassing me and failing at trying to prove me wrong. After a day those posts are all removed and the account is banned. Now I see the original account up to the exact same tricks.

Second, I haven't changed or moved any goalposts. I stand by what I said that Kajol had extraordinary starpower in the 90s/early 2000s and this is amplified overseas. You start listing up all of Aamir's hits but only list Kajol's flops while ignoring Aamir's flops (Mela anyone). And you make a point of ignoring Kajol's biggest hits with SRK. You'll claim those were SRK-led films but overseas, SRK's image is forever tied to Kajol. Even SRK has movies that don't work or are just hits but not blockbusters. The difference is that Kajol's movies with him are always his biggest so credit must be given to both of them, not just SRK.

I posted Netflix viewing numbers in another thread and K3G is the most watched Bollywood movie. At #3 is KKHH. SRK has dozens of movies on that list but 2/3 of the most watched movies are SRK/Kajol. Yet you would deny her credit for this.

Box Office India even said that Lagaan was not as big a hit overseas as it was made out to be by the media. You can see this in the fact that Lagaan was just a hit whereas Gadar and K3G took the box office by storm as blockbusters. Even overseas, the flop Yaadein scored almost as much money as Lagaan. K3G made more than 4x the amount of money Lagaan made overseas.

Dil Chatha Hai was only #7 in terms of box office overseas. Chori Chori Chupke Chupke and flops Yaadein and Lajja made more money overseas. As did Asoka. Lagaan and Dil Chahta Hai are not characterized as overseas blockbusters, only K3G is.

https://boxofficeindia.com/overseas-total-gross.php?year=2001

In 2005, only Salaam Namaste was a blockbuster overseas. No other movie from that year was, let alone Mangal Pandey.

In 2006, Fanaa made more money than Rang De Bastani overseas. Both are Aamir-led movies so gee, I wonder why Fanaa made more than Rang De Bastani? Perhaps a certain actress whose presence made it Aamir's first overseas blockbuster since Lagaan didn't achieve that, even with so much media presence in the west and awards buzz. It took Kajol for Aamir to be able to achieve that. If it was Aamir alone, Lagaan would have been characterized as an overseas blockbuster and Rang De Bastani but RDB failed where Fanaa succeeded.

If Aamir was that successful, he'd have made it on this cover of the most powerful people in the industry in 2007. Kajol, having only made one movie in the last 6 years, has enough popularity and clout to be ranked in the second row, just below the biggest stars.

And don't forget that Kajol was first choice for all the biggest blockbusters and hits of this era like Mohabbatein, Gadar, Devdas, Veer-Zaara, and KANK. Only two of those movies were YRF and only one was Dharma.

I would also like to remind you that 3 Idiots' female lead was offered to Kajol first. She rightfully refused it as she felt the female role was not meaty enough for an actress such as herself.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

ShahRukh always had and still has an excellent rapport with Anil but was/is far more distanced to Boney. As for Sridevi, it was a bit like with Madhuri...a lot of respect for a senior in the filmindustry, but not on the friendship level like with Rani, Kajol, Juhi etc. Also Janhvi may have been part of Suhana's friends circle but not at all in the way, Ananya and Shanaya had been, latter far more like family.

The more I hear about Boney, the better that makes me feel that SRK was not super close to him. All three Kapoor brothers are philanderers but Boney takes the cake between not paying people, always being bankrupt, breaking a marriage, and perhaps being involved in his wife's death for insurance money (allegedly to pay for his hair transplant!)

I figured Sridevi and SRK would have a more formal relationship. But it's telling that she did agree to cameo for him in Zero. Similarly, I've heard she was asked to do Deewangi Deewangi but she refused because she was in the midst of retirement then and enjoying it. I would have liked one full-fledged film with both as leads because they had really good chemistry in Army. In some ways, the gender-bent Mohabbatein, with SRK's ghost coming at the end to help Sridevi save their son from the villain. I know she was never in the consideration for KANK but for some reason, I feel she could have done the role of Maya well in that. Maybe because the ending of Sadma with the train reminded me slightly of KANK's ending but KANK ends happier.

That's what I seem to see as well between the young girls. I know with SRK's youngest, that AbRam is very close to Aaradhya. SRK and Big B have already said that AbRam/Aaradhya will be the next SRK/Kajol onscreen. smiley27

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Lol first of all, I've never even encountered you before. But just a few days ago, there's a new account identical to your username, and all of its posts are about harassing me and failing at trying to prove me wrong. After a day those posts are all removed and the account is banned. Now I see the original account up to the exact same tricks.

I am an old member and my username is based on one of popular and my fav char. I have been off this forum for a long time so I don't knw wht's going on. I just changed my username before posting here. It's a festive season and I am wasting my time and energy here for a few days.

I don't knw wht's your problem. It's an open discussion forum and I just quoted you that's it, that's not harassing. Do you think I am a fool to make an id of the same name if my intent was to harass you or whatever? And AFAIR another user can't have same usernames. I could report you for accusing me of another id but I won't as I feel there must be some misunderstanding.

If someone has harassed you then you can report him/her to Vijay. Whatever issues you have got deal it with Vijay.

I hope there is transparency regarding this matter with Vijay, you and me.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

SRK is not at all "close" to Boney...he knows the girls and certainly also Arjun and he liked Sridevi very much...I think, that's it.

Anil, that's something else as there had been friendship from quite early on...and then, they made Trimurti together. Sanjay is a dear friend to Chunkey and there wives and especially the girls often had get togethers with Gauri, the kids and SRK, so, they are maybe (still) the closest friends.

I'm not so sure about AbRam and Aaradya being "close"...I guess, he is 'closer' to Pooja's daughter.

SriRani thumbnail

I don't like kajol but I like her movies and can watch her movies. She is a good actor

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Atominis falsely accusing others of the things, which actually & exactly he was , and he is still doing , (with a different avatar, it is called "projection" in psychological term, another disturbing trait of such people, he was hater & now supporter of a certain actor in different "avatar" to play mind games and to play with the emotions of unaware members to satisfy his psychotic appetite, most here knows this) ...

Sickening to the stomach...

-------

Edited by sharaban - 9 days ago
Rangaaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Second, I haven't changed or moved any goalposts. I stand by what I said that Kajol had extraordinary starpower in the 90s/early 2000s and this is amplified overseas. You start listing up all of Aamir's hits but only list Kajol's flops while ignoring Aamir's flops (Mela anyone). And you make a point of ignoring Kajol's biggest hits with SRK. You'll claim those were SRK-led films but overseas, SRK's image is forever tied to Kajol. Even SRK has movies that don't work or are just hits but not blockbusters. The difference is that Kajol's movies with him are always his biggest so credit must be given to both of them, not just SRK.

I posted Netflix viewing numbers in another thread and K3G is the most watched Bollywood movie. At #3 is KKHH. SRK has dozens of movies on that list but 2/3 of the most watched movies are SRK/Kajol. Yet you would deny her credit for this.

Box Office India even said that Lagaan was not as big a hit overseas as it was made out to be by the media. You can see this in the fact that Lagaan was just a hit whereas Gadar and K3G took the box office by storm as blockbusters. Even overseas, the flop Yaadein scored almost as much money as Lagaan. K3G made more than 4x the amount of money Lagaan made overseas.

Dil Chatha Hai was only #7 in terms of box office overseas. Chori Chori Chupke Chupke and flops Yaadein and Lajja made more money overseas. As did Asoka. Lagaan and Dil Chahta Hai are not characterized as overseas blockbusters, only K3G is.

https://boxofficeindia.com/overseas-total-gross.php?year=2001

In 2005, only Salaam Namaste was a blockbuster overseas. No other movie from that year was, let alone Mangal Pandey.

In 2006, Fanaa made more money than Rang De Bastani overseas. Both are Aamir-led movies so gee, I wonder why Fanaa made more than Rang De Bastani? Perhaps a certain actress whose presence made it Aamir's first overseas blockbuster since Lagaan didn't achieve that, even with so much media presence in the west and awards buzz. It took Kajol for Aamir to be able to achieve that. If it was Aamir alone, Lagaan would have been characterized as an overseas blockbuster and Rang De Bastani but RDB failed where Fanaa succeeded.

You are taking stuff out of context. The whole comparison were of those movies starring Aamir,SRK and Kajol not distributed by YRF overseas in the same year was to highlight Lagaan was gamechanger for Aamir in overseas market. Where did I mention Lagaan was BB overseas?

Aamir was the only known star among the cast and first movie as a producer, not known director. Lagaan was neither a romantic drama nor a family saga. It was diff to the norm. Movies that worked well or blockbusters in overseas market those days were predominantly romantic and family dramas(even India),anybody familiar with 90s-2000s hindi cinema would tell you that.

It was you who mentioned Kajol had more star power than Aamir when Fanaa came out but the facts that MP and RDB had record opening and weekends prove it wrong.

Then you mentioned Kajol gave Aamir his 1st BB overseas which again was not the case because he had RDB before that. Aamir was the only star in RDB which was not distributed by YRF overseas.

It was Kajol who had not delivered a BB without depending on other star and YRF distribution before Fanaa. She didn't even have a 2M grossing movie in overseas without YRF and SRK. Kajol is one of the reasons and not the reason for Fanaa's blockbuster success in overseas.

You have ignored YRF distribution network.

Lol it was me who gave you the facts and figs of 2006 BO, go and check RDB did more than $5mill while Fanaa did $7mill.

2006 was seen as the best year for hindi cinema because hindi movies were not jut diverse but they did well in India and overseas.

Edited by Rangaaa - 9 days ago
Rangaaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Atominis falsely accusing others of the things, which actually & exactly he was , and he is still doing , (with a different avatar, it is called "projection" in psychological term, another disturbing trait of such people, he was hater & now supporter of a certain actor in different "avatar" to play mind games and to play with the emotions of unaware members to satisfy his psychotic appetite, most here knows this) ...

Sickening to the stomach...

-------

I did read some of his/her posts today. I don't think she is Atonimis. She was neutral. This person appears of be SRK fan, maybe she is also Rani Preity,Aish fan as her username suggests.
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rangaaa

I did read some of his/her posts today. I don't think she is Atonimis. She was neutral. This person appears of be SRK fan, maybe she is also Rani Preity,Aish fan as her username suggests.

Seems like you have not read my post carefully, about intentions and the need of change of stances with new avatars about a certain actor, also the psyche of projection.

Previous avatar was anti srk, this one is pro srk for the public eye wash, but even a small kid can make out with the writeups, who is who.

(and its not me, few members PMd me with pertinent undeniable proofs, and also with IPs and later a vpn, there r few good tech' gurus here).

And about ID...lol....the person is even a hater of one exists in his ID, as posted himself many times against Rani with this account. That's where such people hunts, naive unaware members. Some genuine Srk fans r becoming fools and falling for this person who was a pure srk hater as Atominis, and I am 100℅ sure he was not genuinely even a hater of Srk, as I said the motive is just to kill the ample time in hand and to play with the minds & emotions of the unaware members to satisfy a certain psychotic appetite.

A normal, healthy and productive mind cannot possibly have that much time in hand to spend so many hours everyday to write such longggg posts with half baked info, and to basically spend 2/4th of the day at a certain website, regularly everyday.

Rest is upto anyone whoever wants to believe or not to believe, it is their call, never wanted to bring this up but at times people test your patience limits, with the tactic of projection.

Anyways I am out of this mess, never wanted to bring this up, just wanted to be a whistle blower for you and others. Baaki jis nay jo samajhna hai samjhay, aur nahi samajhna, naa samjhay.

--------------------------

Edited by sharaban - 9 days ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Posted: 8 days ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

SRK is not at all "close" to Boney...he knows the girls and certainly also Arjun and he liked Sridevi very much...I think, that's it.

Anil, that's something else as there had been friendship from quite early on...and then, they made Trimurti together. Sanjay is a dear friend to Chunkey and there wives and especially the girls often had get togethers with Gauri, the kids and SRK, so, they are maybe (still) the closest friends.

I'm not so sure about AbRam and Aaradya being "close"...I guess, he is 'closer' to Pooja's daughter.

I wonder if the Arjun/Malaika mess pressured some people close to Salman's family to drop them as friends. But Arjun being a Kapoor and Malaika being close friends with Bebo probably gives them some shielding.

It's strange, I feel I've never seen or heard much of SRK and Anil online as friends. I wonder if Sanjay and Chunky are also friends since neither really made it.

I see people post online that both are close friends especially since they're close in age and go to the same school.