Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 days ago

Paaglon ki kamee nahi zamanay may ghalib...

Aik dhoondo hazaar miltay hain

🤣

------

Edited by sharaban - 10 days ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Paaglon ki kamee nahi zamanay may ghalib...

Aik dhoondo hazaar miltay hain

🤣

------

Kajol bringing a movie w Sanon girl

sharaban thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

Kajol bringing a movie w Sanon girl

Zabardast...

Yeh toh kamaal ho gaya 🤗

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sharaban

Zabardast...

Yeh toh kamaal ho gaya 🤗

You ought to be thankful to Kajol. She is responsible for your favorite's first overseas blockbuster with Fanaa. Otherwise had had 0 to his name before her.

https://boxofficeindiarecords.blogspot.com/2016/05/shahrukh-khan-unprecedented-22.html

I don't know why you are so hard on Fanaa in the first place. It's the last movie of Aamir's I love.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

You ought to be thankful to Kajol. She is responsible for your favorite's first overseas blockbuster with Fanaa. Otherwise had had 0 to his name before her.

https://boxofficeindiarecords.blogspot.com/2016/05/shahrukh-khan-unprecedented-22.html

I don't know why you are so hard on Fanaa in the first place. It's the last movie of Aamir's I love.

Thanks for this list.

sharaban thumbnail

Actually mein kamaal hai yeh forum

😂

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

My bad...yes, you're right with Karan and DDLJ but it had been during the shooting of Duplicate that SRK's and Karan's friendship got really serious and what Kajol and he had said to Karan bore fruit. Karan (who was the costume designer for this movie) and Yash talked also business about Karan's first film and it was SRK who persuaded both (in different ways) to go ahead.

ShahRukh was more befriended with Chunkey's brother but, of course also with Chunkey (and Gauri very much with Bhavana)...Sanjay Kapoor (Anil's and Boney's younger brother, his father was the cousin of Raj's father) also became a close friend (with Maheep and Shanaya).

I think that the foundation of his stardom was the time between the work on Circus and the work on Baazigar. He got a very good reputation on the work front which reached many ears and eyes and his personality and private life made him endearing on an emotional level. Interestingly, that hasn't changed throughout the years...his stardom still has the same 'foundation'.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

My bad...yes, you're right with Karan and DDLJ but it had been during the shooting of Duplicate that SRK's and Karan's friendship got really serious and what Kajol and he had said to Karan bore fruit. Karan (who was the costume designer for this movie) and Yash talked also business about Karan's first film and it was SRK who persuaded both (in different ways) to go ahead.

ShahRukh was more befriended with Chunkey's brother but, of course also with Chunkey (and Gauri very much with Bhavana)...Sanjay Kapoor (Anil's and Boney's younger brother, his father was the cousin of Raj's father) also became a close friend (with Maheep and Shanaya).

I think that the foundation of his stardom was the time between the work on Circus and the work on Baazigar. He got a very good reputation on the work front which reached many ears and eyes and his personality and private life made him endearing on an emotional level. Interestingly, that hasn't changed throughout the years...his stardom still has the same 'foundation'.

I never cared much for Duplicate, besides the songs, so it's nice to know it led to SRK and Karan's friendship.

That explains why Sanjay Kapoor was in Kal Ho Naa Ho as a cameo with Sonali. I think his daughter Shanaya is also very close to the other star kids. I'm assuming SRK has a good rapport with Boney Kapoor, and also Sridevi when she was alive, since he did special appearances in Army and Shakti: The Power. The former being Sridevi's movie and the latter part of Boney and Sridevi's production company and also her original comeback movie before she became pregnant with Khushi. I know Aishwarya was also on good terms with the couple hence her item song in Shakti and why Boney wanted her to do English Vinglish's Hindi version.

I've never heard much about SRK being close to Anil Kapoor and Sonam. I don't think SRK and Anil have ever had any collabs either so I wonder if Anil was jealous that his time as a big star in the 80s came to a halt with the advent of SRK and the rest of the Khans.

Yes, agreed. Some stars become stagnant or regress but he didn't.

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Your constant changing of goal posts reeks desperation. smiley36 From Kajol being a bigger draw in Fanaa in general to her in overseas when proven wrong.

YRF had a wider distribution network in oversees is very well known. Many filmmakers got them on board for overseas distribution. Many within the industry know YRF factor is huge in overseas.

The following movies released in the same year were not distributed by YRF overseas.

2001, Aamir starrer's Lagaan - 2.2M , DCH - 1.4M ,

SRK starrer's Asoka - 1.8M, One2Ka4 - 0.5M,

Kajol starrer Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi - struggled to make even half a million.

Lagaan was clearly a gamechanger for Aamir in overseas market.

Mangal Pandey was distributed by YRF overseas made close to 3M.

RDB without YRF distribution was a blockbuster overseas.

Aamir was bigger than Kajol worldwide at the time of Fanaa's release.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

ShahRukh always had and still has an excellent rapport with Anil but was/is far more distanced to Boney. As for Sridevi, it was a bit like with Madhuri...a lot of respect for a senior in the filmindustry, but not on the friendship level like with Rani, Kajol, Juhi etc. Also Janhvi may have been part of Suhana's friends circle but not at all in the way, Ananya and Shanaya had been, latter far more like family.