Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

No I won’t screw you but rather myself that there are people who find THEM overrated. smiley13 Terribly sad, terribly….. just….. smiley38

Yes, especially when you consider that iconic romantic dance in the rain scene.There was no lip kiss ,no half naked intimate scene yet the hotness and chemistry were undeniablesmiley42smiley43

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I love her. I was disappointed that she had not experimented alot in her younger days. But I am really happy with the movies she has been doing recently I think she is amazing.

Idk how she has been rated in BW/anywhere.I feel she is a natural actress and a live wire onscreen.Always loved watching her onscreen whatever limited movies I have watched of her.

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Kamala05

SRK, Kajol, and Sridevi were the reasons I was initially drawn to Bollywood. When she stopped acting during her peak after delivering a blockbuster movie, it was disappointing to many. Early pregnancy wasn't a brave decision of any of this era's stars, but decades ago, Kajol made a similar choice. True, she wasn't ambitious and took her career and success for granted, but she was a good actress at her peak and delivered performances the audience of those days wished for. Until I became a member of IF, I was sure that Kajol was one of the favorite actresses and that the SRK-Kajol pairing was the most sought-after pairing for Bollywood movie lovers,but as always IF gave a totally different picture.

I can relate to the IF comment because I also found myself being influenced by this place and feeling certain way about actors I admire since childhood (except for SRK) for awhile it even made me dislike some people I genuinely liked but lately I find myself getting over the negativity of this place and looking at celebrities for what they are which is human beings who are just famous. BWF makes you actually forget these are actual people with flaws and errors and feelings. You can’t admire any of them unless they’re PERFECT humans. We don’t have to worship or put them on a pedestal we can admire them for their work or at times even their flawed personalities.
Blood_Sacrifice thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Being 'overrated' does not mean people are calling you a bad actress. She is good, definitely has potential, but overrated because no matter how ordinarily she acts, she gets awarded and praised to the skies (e.g. K3G, MNIK - especially this!).

Her melodramatic acting style was in sync with the 90s. People forget how loud and ott the acting used to be back in the days, even in Hollywood. I remember watching Gone with the Wind and getting second hand embarrassment from Vivian Leigh's ott acting, but that was considered normal acting back in the day.

Also never strayed from her comfort zone, never worked with actually good directors like Mani Ratnam, SLB who could have extracted a good performance from hers. She kept on working with these same movies/directors and roles for most of her career.

1146279 thumbnail

No. She is a good actress with natural acting. When I see her i feel the character well.

Banned

Posted: 5 days ago

[Post Removed]

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

I loveddddd Kajol growing up..like she is magnetic on screen..I have watched Mere Haath main tera haath ho song so many times..just to see Kajol just bewitch you with her fantastic screen presence. Ofcourse all the movies with SRK..even Janam Janam in Dilwale was beautiful (movie was unbearable..) but as an actress..Gupt and Dushman were a satisfying watch

BUT..I should never watch interviews of folks I like/ used to like. She simply has no manners and is too brash..thats not being frank..thats just rude. She could be like one of those people who talk while chewing food..smiley21 havent watched anything of hers in the last couple of months.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

I loveddddd Kajol growing up..like she is magnetic on screen..I have watched Mere Haath main tera haath ho song so many times..just to see Kajol just bewitch you with her fantastic screen presence. Ofcourse all the movies with SRK..even Janam Janam in Dilwale was beautiful (movie was unbearable..) but as an actress..Gupt and Dushman were a satisfying watch

BUT..I should never watch interviews of folks I like/ used to like. She simply has no manners and is too brash..thats not being frank..thats just rude. She could be like one of those people who talk while chewing food..smiley21 havent watched anything of hers in the last couple of months.

I haven't seen many of her interviews or media appearances so she hasn't been tainted for me like Rani has. But Rani's faux pas tends to be making regressive statements in the media which get called out. If Kajol's only fault is being loud or rude, then I can see why she doesn't get flack in the media because she's not really hurting anyone. The few stuff I have seen of her online is her usually bashing Ajay or KJo and heaven knows they both usually deserve it. I haven't had an experience with her attacking someone who isn't close to her or belittling them.

Gupt and Dushman were both very atypical roles for a heroine at the time. I give her full credit for those, especially at the height of her popularity to play roles that wouldn't necessarily be accepted by audiences. Dil Kya Kare is another one which I think deserves some recognition as a mother looking for her lost child. She was quite pioneering in her choice of roles and I think most of her films at this point were big successes.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Kajol may not been versatile, but whatever she can do in her capacity, no other actress can , she is too good in her own limited range.

-----------------------------

Edited by sharaban - 5 days ago