Hope Geet remembers what she said

Cont soon

Let's see..

suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 months ago

I'll have you

Last Part (A)

"Geet and alcohol are the worst combinations.." that was the first thought that came into his mind. She had passed out. Maan looked at her slumped form trying to make out what could be needed.

"Geet.. he patted her cheek to wake her but she instead climbed onto him finding him to be the most comfortable pillow and slept.

"It seems like she haven't again slept for nights.." he tried to make some space between their bodies but the moment he tried, she would snuggle even more. Her head was now resting on his torso and he was trapped badly.

"Geet.." he patted her cheeks again but it had no effect.

"Great, she slept after making me confess. I hope she wasn't sober to know my feelings." His self thoughts were too loud but he didn't cared now. The amount of alcohol in his system was sorely responsible for his untimely confession.

Till now he had deeply hid his feelings for her. He still see that day, how his one lie had destroyed the life of a girl of eighteen years.

Seven years back

It was raining heavily that day, Maan was the senior in the XYZ University, just one short of completing his final year. He had a steady relationship with one of his father's friends daughters, "Sameera". Maan had known from the moment he turned eighteen that his future was mapped by his father. He will have the best education, will join the family business and marry the woman his family will choose. He was sixteen when he first met Sameera at a common gathering.

She was beautiful, docile and had a wicked streak in her. Their meetings were limited to the occasional social gatherings until four years later they had tried dating.

His father had been vocal about his participation in the societal functions, he will one day inherit the business, estate and the mansion. Not that he didn't wanted.

For him it was his right but a day had changed his perspective.

Maan was running late, he had been called to the main office of the Khurana's, something was related to the shares that he had, unfortunately the same day he had the last exam. He was going to the office but his car broke down. He was in the middle of the road and it was raining cats and dogs. He didn't noticed a fast speeding car but someone else did.

A woman, fairly young had seen him and she was walking alone because of the lack of public transport that day. If she wouldn't have rushed towards him that day and pulled him along with her than it would have been his last day.

Unfortunately that incident was recorded, the girl had gotten some scratches as they had fallen due to the sudden dis-balance and Maan had helped her that day.

That incident was the only one where he had met for once, but Sameera had made a huge deal of the same. When he was tending to her wounds, someone had taken their pictures, even though they were just harmless to post on the college forum but Sameera had insulted geet right and left.

Even though he didn't knew but he was sure that a month later, there were some objectionable pictures of geet posted on same forum and he knew that it was Sameera.

Sameera had questioned his honesty in their relationship and he was vocal. He never denied that he didn't meet geet instead in anger he had accepted her accusations but he didn't knew that day that the implications of those will be so devastating.

End of flashback

Years later, he had met her. He had apologized to her. They were acquaintances first and he didn't knew how and when he fell for her. She was too perfect for him.

Meanwhile he was struggling with his career prospects, trying to go out of family business to establish himself, she was the only one who had been his constant support.

Maan didn't have the courage to confess, first she was already in a steady relationship unlike him who was left behind by Sameera when he had told her that he was going to establish himself Instead of going straight forward in family business.

He and Sameera had a rough fight that day and Maan had been vocal about his displeasure.

Flashback

It was Maan's birthday and like every other year, there was a lavish party for him.

It was almost mid night, most of the guests have left only Maan's family and sameera's were left, when maan spoke about his heart.

Dad, uncle I want to talk to you both. Maan called for their attention. He had been attentive to his addressing of his future father in law also.

His mother, looked at her son in sheer interest. It was so unlike maan to be this calm. He was in his last year of bachelor's degree and as planned by his father. Maan was to leave overseas for futher studies.

Son, you seem tensed. Is everything alright? Sameera's father asked him. Maan nodded and spoke.

Dad, I am not going to US for the further studies.. the crisp and short words stunned the occupants of the room.

His father, what seemed like a minute nodded his head and that was the cue for him to continue.

I want to establish myself dad. I know that you want me to come and work in Khuraana industries. I know that it's my responsibility too but that's not what I want dad.

Maan was clear in his words. Maan was the only son of Khurana and there was no doubt that the huge amount of responsibility that was going to be on him someday wasn't something he appreciated at that time.

Son, there isn't only khurana industries. After getting married to Sameera, you will have to look at our business too. Not that I will throw you in that right now. But that's what I have expected from my son in law.

Dad..uncle. I know what is expected from me but I want to establish myself first. Having everything in the platter will ruin everything.

Maan, we will talk about this later. His Father's words made Maan stop and a slight nod indicated that the conversation is for another time.

This was the first time he wanted to be himself. Not as the son of Rajveer khurana.

Few days later, the same conversation has resulted in a row between him and Sameera.

Sameera wasn't happy with his decision. Initially she had begrudgingly accepted his decision but the moment he told her that he will be getting himself an apartment, she had blown out.

Maan, do you think that I can live in that small place. You wanted to establish yourself, I accepted when there was no need for you to do that and now you expect me to leave what I am used too and live in a rat hole with you. Her insult has made him aware that she was as shallow as she appeared.

Maan smiled and offered her a glass of cold water. They were in his apartment that he had taken on rent.

Sameera, that's me now. You can choose what you want. Just break off this engagement if you can't respect my wishes. Maan was quite cool in his demeanor.

You want to leave me for your pathetic approach of life Maan.. she was violent now.

It's the other way around Sameera. You better marry someone who is twice as rich as you are, who is willing to be just a wealthy heir to a vast fortune. Maybe that will satisfy you. For myself, I know that things will not be smooth for me in the long run. So, instead being an ordinary wife of an ordinary Maan, you can just leave right now from the door and choose whoever you want, it will prevent you from slogging like a poor family girl and this house that you just now called a rat hole.

Present

The night was awfully long, he couldn't sleep a minute. He still couldn't figure out how and why he had told her everything.

She was better off without him.

This was something he had everytime reminded himself. It was five years later after Sameera left him, he had met her at a conference. He was still establishing himself in the business. Even though he was successful. But there were still problems. The family pressure was immense and Maan was slowly getting succumbed to it.

She was the working with him on a joint project that his company was overtaking and it was the first time after working together for three months, she had invited him for lunch, which was the first time when he felt comfortable. He felt like he was having a friend with him.

Flashback

Maan, we have been working since morning. Let's go and eat something I am starving.. her non casual behaviour made him look at her.

It seemed like eternity, he was silent. She was eagerly waiting for his reply. Her eyes were having the bright sunshine that he seems to have missing.

We will be back in half and hour.. she tried to coax him and he nodded.

Let's go.. she said as she moved ahead of him. Silently he followed her.

They were seated at the silent corner, she ordered their food. There was a perfect silence, he paid for the food.

This routine followed and one day, she asked him about his general aloofness.

That day, Maan had apologized for the incident which had resulted in her leaving the college.

Maan plated her favourite salad on her plate. His every gesture was having warmth. They have the silent relationship that was turning into a deep friendship. Maan would often drop her home and they dined almost together nowadays. It was one such day, when they were seated in her favourite restaurant.

Geet I am sorry.. his apology made her look at him.

Geet's intense gaze made him realise that he should be more elaborate in his words.

You probably do not recognise me, but you once saved me from getting myself killed. His words now made sense. There was a wide smile on her face.

That was you, I hope you didn't face the similar situation after that.. she was concerned and asked him in a sheer surprise. But what surprised him that it was all she remembered.

Yes, I made sure never to be careless after that incident..I am really sorry for what happened after that geet.

What do you mean? She asked, not wanting to feel in an awkward moment.

I know all about the forum shit geet. I am so sorry it was my fault.. it was my fiancee who did that.. he confessed finally.

That's alright Maan. I made sure not to be neglected after that. As for that I never helped anyone after that.. she too said.

And that wasn't like you, I know geet. You didn't even have a mean bone in you. Sameera was too obsessed with me. She was the one who posted all those photos. She was the one who made those remarks. I am so sorry geet, even before I could do anything, you left.

The silence was palpable, it was something that she never expected that they had a past, a vicious past.

I hated you.. she spoke after keeping herself silent for some minutes.

It was so difficult for me to accommodate in that college. It was my dream to study from there but then I couldn't cope being the object of Mockery. She said looking directly into his eyes.

I am.. she didn't let him complete.

But then I went out of the city. I wasn't happy at first but it helped me to heal. I was emotionally wrecked Maan. I didn't knew what had happened all of a sudden. But it helped me. And maybe that was what fate had for me. I got much more in Bangalore than I could have got in delhi. So, don't let that guilt reside in you. It was all worth it. See, I am successful, that was what I wanted.

She smiled and gestured him to leave the past.

suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

Tagging

Word Count: 1

taahir004 thumbnail

Last Part

Wow Amazing Update

Maan and Sameera were engaged

but she was way too materialistic

and when Maan pulled out of his father's business

taking on his own apartment , Sameera felt he is giving up riches and

luxury just to stay in a poor flat

while with Geet everything is so clear

Edited by taahir004 - 2 months ago
coderlady thumbnail

Sameera never trusted Maan. Not even a little. There was nothing to be so worked up over but she made a mountain out of it.

coderlady thumbnail

She should naver have been put in a position to leave, but it worked out for her in the end. She did not want Maan to have any guilt over it.

khwaishfan thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 16 Thumbnail + 8

Hi Suhaaana

thanks for tagging me

Last Part (A)

so Geet passed out

liked how she climbed onto Maan and slept

she clearly trusts Maan so much

well Maan hopes she did not hear his confession

no wonder Maan hid his feelings for Geet

Past

well Maan's dad had his entire life mapped for him

Thank God Geet saved Maan

great that Maan helped Geet tend to her wounds

sadly that was recorded

hate that what happened was misinterpreted

angry what Sameera did

upset that she insulted Geet

she is so mean

oh Maan in anger accepted Sameera's allegations unknown of the consequences

in all this Geet suffered

at least Maan apologised to Geet

they become acquaintances

not surprised that Maan fell in love with Geet

glad that Geet supported Maan

can understand why Maan did not confess his feelings to Geet

Gosh Sameera left Maan as wanted to establish himself instead of going into the family's business

admire that Maan wanted to carve his own niche

pleased that he was direct his dad and Sameera's dad

Sameera was certainly upset

initially she accepted this

but when Maan moved into an apartment, she was furious

appreciate how Maan handled the situation

not surprised that Sameera left Maan

Present

hmm Maan feels Geet is better off without him

Past

Maan and Geet were destined to meet

wonderful that they became good friends