Users

Frequent Posters

Prizi thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

Uh-oh, it's raining heavily now.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

10:15 pmUpdate 10.14 PM IST (0444 PM GMT) - it is absolutely pelting down at the moment and that's not good news again for England. The longer the delay goes on, the more the English players will be worried. Will they have the same fate as Pakistan?

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Will rain interuppt tomorrow's match or wat ?

If so no need to wake up unless my pet wakes me up  smiley37

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

12.50pm The umpires are wandering out to take a look, which is encouraging - not so much that a start time is imminent, but that the rain has eased enough to make it worthwhile!

brandon: "why have a cut off in 70 mins?! - surely thay can play until 10pm under lights." Well quite. If this was Wimbledon, you'd make up time in the schedule to play the backed-up games! To clarify, that cut-off refers to the limit for a full game. Any start after that will involve a reduction in overs.

Ravi: "Feeling sad for Namibia. Three extra games for Scotland comes at the expense of one game of Namibia" Yes, this is a huge day for them too, first T20I against England and all that. Suffice to say, both teams will want to get out there and play!

12.43pm Yikes, that interview is cut short by an absolute downpour! It's barely possible to hear Hussain, Ward and Morgan on the host broadcast, as they don their brollies and try to keep talking shop. This is going to eat significantly into that cut-off time... 77 minutes and counting...

12.41pm Phil Salt is talking to the host broadcaster. "You've got to be smart in your analysis of the opposition, there can't be any surprises on game day. There's no one thing that's [contributed to his form]. Jos and I know each other's games inside out. Keep it simple and communicate."

12.32pm The groundstaff in Antigua are apparently optimistic. The rain has been of a showery variety, rather than the endless deluges that wrecked the Scotland contest in Barbados. Either way, the countdown clock begins... 88 minutes until we start to lose overs. And the shorter this contest, the better the prospects for Namibia to score an upset

MoodyMango thumbnail

India

12:50 Local Time, 16:50 GMT, 22:20 IST: The showers have been on and off today. Nitin Menon, the reserve umpire, makes his out to the middle with a closed umbrella. That's a good sign. Now, umpires Adrian Holdstock and Langton Rusere will have an inspection.

MoodyMango thumbnail

India

Durga: "What will happen if it is a washout?" -- Scotland will progress and England will be eliminated.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

12.56pm There's a bit of movement on the covers at the moment. Just a bit of assessment from the groundstaff, as they work out how much standing water needs to be removed. The umpires are poking around with their umbrellas. The wait goes on.

allie: "I was under the impression we start losing overs 90 minutes AFTER scheduled start of play which I thought was 13hrs ground time" Yes, I think you are right. Reset that clock!

Prizi thumbnail

India

Durga: "What will happen if it is a washout?" -- Scotland will progress and England will be eliminated.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

D percentage of choosing Buttler for max runs I don think members trust other players like this 71% smiley37

WildestDreams thumbnail

India

1.03pm Right, this time the clock is ticking... and we have news, of sorts. "The next update" will be at 2pm local time, according to the ICC. That's not an inspection as such, but it might count as progress.