Sharmin: "I tried to bring Meena Kumari’s nothingness into my role"

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Critique Crusaders

Posted: 21 days ago

Meena Kumari’s stepson says, ‘Heeramandi aur Pakeezah me zameen asmaan ka farq hai’ as he reacts to Sharmin Segal’s remark involving late actor | PINKVILLA

Tajdar Amrohi reacts to Sharmin Segal’s ‘nothingness’ remark

In an old interview with ETimes, the Malaal actress had said, “Meena Kumari was one of my inspirations. I tried to bring Meena Kumari’s nothingness from Pakeezah into my character in Heeramandi.” Reacting to this, Amrohi shared, “I don't know Sharmin.  But no, I can't relate to her statement on nothingness.”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

The actual quote is “Meena Ji … the looks she used to give in Pakeezah, looking into nothingness … which I tried to bring to Alamzeb”.  

Yea I think she completely misunderstood Pakeezah 😳 🙄 🤦🏽‍♀️

Here’s the clip

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7386KuSlMg/

Second Hand Embarrassment GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I wish I was this delusional 

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

She should just stop giving interviews at this point.  I think she’s doing solo interviews now as a PR damage control to all the backlash she got for having an attitude towards Sanjeeda, and also to counter some of the acting trolling she got.  But these PR moves won’t accomplish anything when the girl has no tact.  She desperately needs some media training IMO.  

Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ek Taha aur ek yeh. Koi leke jao yaar inlogo ko Bermuda Triangle. Grrrr!🤬

Ek ko acting ati nahi, aur ek ki nautanki khatam nahi ho rahi.

I will never forgive Bhansali for thoppoing these two on the world.

Edited by Daebak - 21 days ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 20 days ago

Why cant these nepos admit they suck

SmittenKitt3n thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Yup, started a thread on this yesterday cuz her delusion is on a whole other level. 

On a side note, has anyone here actually seen Pakeezah? It keeps popping up in conversations, and I’m intrigued. Thinking of watching it one of these days to see what it’s all about. I’m all about cinematography, no matter the era.

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

She probably acts well in her head but her face doesn't move because of the work she's had done on it.  Meena Kumari must be spinning in her grave anyway 

Originally posted by: SmittenKitt3n

Yup, started a thread on this yesterday cuz her delusion is on a whole other level. 

On a side note, has anyone here actually seen Pakeezah? It keeps popping up in conversations, and I’m intrigued. Thinking of watching it one of these days to see what it’s all about. I’m all about cinematography, no matter the era.

Mmm sounds boring .. you will be on your own on that masturdate... it's actually a thing smitten mastudating..when you take one's ownself on a date. Fine I'll watch. Tomorrow ? .. oh you aren't gonna watch with me? I should go masturdating?? ... how rude. That's a rude thing to say. What did I ever did I do wrong to you