Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mala06 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hiba Bukhari

Posted: 3 days ago

Originally posted by: bips

Its not just about chemistry or romance.. Genuinely good actors can create magic in an ordinary scene.. They can elevate the script and make up problems in writing/direction.

. Like for example ayeza in mein.. The writing was weak... The direction was even worse but she created enough sympathy for her character even though there was hardly any positive in her character... Same is with sajal.. She being pretty and having chemistry with her costars is a bonus, but it's her emotional scenes that pull you in. 

If you are casting hamza and ahmed who are both really good actors, you need to cast someone that matches them... Actors bounce a scene off each other.. You need to give good actors good costars... . 

Agreed completely. Also, one reason why hum shows barely work lately. They alwyas cast one A list actor with unknown actress or vice versa. This always creates an imbalance. The actress are just not on the level of actor. Especially Mamia is definitely not.

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: mala06

Agreed completely. Also, one reason why hum shows barely work lately. They alwyas cast one A list actor with unknown actress or vice versa. This always creates an imbalance. The actress are just not on the level of actor. Especially Mamia is definitely not.

I don't know that much about ptv but this is what is happening in bollywood too.. They sign a nepo girl who is not good along with actors that can actually act hoping that the actual actor would do all the heavy lifting and hide the other one's flaws... But the project suffers... There is only so much one actor can do..and good movies get ruined

... Like every one of jhanvis movies is like this. 

mala06 thumbnail

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: bips

I don't know that much about ptv but this is what is happening in bollywood too.. They sign a nepo girl who is not good along with actors that can actually act hoping that the actual actor would do all the heavy lifting and hide the other one's flaws... But the project suffers... There is only so much one actor can do..and good movies get ruined

... Like every one of jhanvis movies is like this. 

Haven't watched lately any bollywood movies but you are right. Ultimately the project suffers if they do so. The casting too is very much important as the storyline.

KhaqONeal thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 days ago

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

Dure is finally getting much deserved appreciation…queen Dure smiley16 I love Dure..I wish she was cast in this instead smiley44 because she has amazing screen presence smiley42 

Durre gets criticised as if rest of the actors in PTV are Thespians.. specially since sometimes people bring up actors who only play side actors saying why don't they get opportunities,like bro these side actors play the same sister/best friend roles with no variance how do you know? This Durre hate is getting old now..

KhaqONeal thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaxMayfield

I have only seen this of Mamya smiley36 not judging but wow that was racy and crazy of them smiley3 https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7Zof2-NCQC/?igsh=bmJxYmRraHFid3N6

i do like how she rattles the people who continuously ask if she's from Islamic Republic of Pakistan ..and does something even more bold..

KhaqONeal thumbnail

Hmm its a complex one. It deals with how everything in the village happens based on  feudal lord  decision and Farhaan character who is a police officer gets posted there and he tries to break the usual norm. Asif is the feudal lord. And because he has lust with mamya girl character gets married after apparantly  showing as if he actually is saving her by marrying her( mamya girl was about to get killed for running away from home with lover and its not considered good in the village). Also Asif has son who has a lust on Hibas character. Hiba is a simple village girl and mamyas character and hibas character are friends. Both girls are brave in the show.

I left it midway. But Hiba and Farhaan were so good. Initial episodes too are very good. Though they killed the leads in the end😡. I am salty with hum that they didn't  utilize  hiba and Farhaan. 

I think Nina watched it till the end. She will give you better details. Nina you too are salty like me right about Hiba Farhaan pair 🤣🤣?

if there's one performance worth talking about in that show it would be Farhan's, he was good in it.. rest were fne, Asif Reza was like he is always, good..

Mamya in no way overshadowed Hiba lol.. i mean i don't even dislike her, i said nice things about her way back when Meesni first aired...

Edited by KhaqONeal - 2 days ago
mala06 thumbnail

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

if there's one performance worth talking about in that show it would be Farhan's, he was good in it.. rest were fne, Asif Reza was like he is always, good..

Mamya in no way overshadowed Hiba lol.. i mean i don't even dislike her, i said nice things about her way back when Meesni first aired...

I agree farhaan was good.I was also one of the few on this forum who watched Meesni .It was her first show and as a newbie she was good. 

But she is not good as much as the constant praise or constant project she is getting suggest so. Hiba is always criticized  by these so called critics  even when she is performing  well so I am not even surprised they think Mamya overshadowed her.

Edited by mala06 - 2 days ago
KhaqONeal thumbnail

I agree farhaan was good.I was also one of the few on this forum who watched Meesni .It was her first show and as a newbie she was good. 

But she is not good as much as the constant praise or constant project she is getting suggest so. Hiba is always criticized  by these so called critics  even when she is performing  well so I am not even surprised they think Mamya overshadowed her.

I watched the first 15 episodes or so of Meesni, and I was rooting for her character .. her family and other characters were so self righteous and sanctimonious and I think they were supposed to be the “good guys”.. men fell over backwards for her and somehow it’s her fault that they were idiots? 

I got bored after a while as I do and the show went on for like 100 episodes or something ..

mala06 thumbnail

Hiba Bukhari

Originally posted by: KhaqONeal

I watched the first 15 episodes or so of Meesni, and I was rooting for her character .. her family and other characters were so self righteous and sanctimonious and I think they were supposed to be the “good guys”.. men fell over backwards for her and somehow it’s her fault that they were idiots? 

I got bored after a while as I do and the show went on for like 100 episodes or something ..

I was also rooting for her. Her character  was far more interesting  than bechari leads wr see most of the time. Storywise actually the male were more of fault. But ptv has habit of whitewashing even worst deeds of ml while most of the time they can't  take selfish, celf centerd and grey female character.