Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

serena_shadow thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: inlieu

I don't know how I'm going to go back to watching the regular fare on ITV after this show, because I am spoiled for content. After the masterpiece Katha Ankahee, this was the first show I really started watching because of the quality, now I don't even feel like watching anything else. Hope something good comes up soon.

Same here I'm already not a regular itv watcher cause they always mess the storylinesmiley29i also did watch Katha ankahee but afterwards stopped watching cause so much drama got involved especially when ml was involved with that single mom delivery it was too much for mesmiley26i usually stick to Asian dramas cause they are limited series smiley4

Also I watch keh doon tumhein on star plus which was really good but got doomed due to low trp but till the end they provided very good story and have a very good rewatch valuesmiley20

I hope that itv bring fresh concepts rather than sticking to 2 sister behind one guy sort of drama or sas bahu dramas smiley11

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: serena_shadow

Such a feeka feeka endsmiley21i wish they could have stick to original story despite any pressure from channel like Kya hota kuch episode pehel band Karne ka notice dete but maybe story could have been bettersmiley38

Anyway despite this serial got end but I got to share my thoughts with you guys here on IF which is precioussmiley31smiley27 @inlieu @capricornrcks @rekha_crm

My point exactly. When they got a notice from the channel to wrap up they could have used this time to tell the story and tie up loose ends beautifully but they chose to run this crap. I am sure there's a very good reason behind this but we'll never know internal politics. It was a pleasure meeting you here too, and let's see if we find a good show to watch together in future. I'm usually skeptical about ITV shows because of this pattern of destroying stories but once in a while a good one comes up.

inlieu thumbnail

Just looking at all the launch videos, they had so many dreams and hopes and excitement when they kicked this off. I don't think any of them expected it to end this way. It seems like they deviated from the original plot because we didn't see Arya having to convince Kian to accept him as Janvi's husband.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaF34YYNd28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4xIUx15fWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWEOW2zgAE

Edited by inlieu - 1 months ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: a month ago

I guess we're all fans of Katha Ankahee, good writing and good actors and that's what attracted us to this show.This is what I liked about the show.

1.The male lead was not toxic despite growing up rich and there's no mother-in-law for a change. I guess Raina and her aunt make up for it. But they don't wield as much power.

2.The female lead has no family-support and she doesn't sing praises of her family all day long. She can see that they have flaws.

3. No falling-down-catching-her embraces every other day which is supposed.to indicate great chemistry.

4. The Arya-Janvi romantic BGM.They should have made a separate track for the show and promoted it.

Edited by capricornrcks - a month ago
rekha_crm thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: inlieu

My point exactly. When they got a notice from the channel to wrap up they could have used this time to tell the story and tie up loose ends beautifully but they chose to run this crap. I am sure there's a very good reason behind this but we'll never know internal politics. It was a pleasure meeting you here too, and let's see if we find a good show to watch together in future. I'm usually skeptical about ITV shows because of this pattern of destroying stories but once in a while a good one comes up.

Just now I saw the ending scene..

Last moment tak Janvi never called him without 'sir' and didn't say I love yousmiley36

What a wasted ending of such a promisingly started showing.

I loved meeting all of you here. Hope we'll find some other show that we like together. If you all like anything please do let me know too.

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I guess we're all fans of Katha Ankahee, good writing and good actors and that's what attracted us to this show.This is what I liked about the show.

1.The male lead was not toxic despite growing up rich and there's no mother-in-law for a change. I guess Raina and her aunt make up for it. But they don't wield as much power.

2.The female lead has no family-support and she doesn't sing praises of her family all day long. She can see that they have flaws.

3. No falling-down-catching-her embraces every other day which is supposed.to indicate great chemistry.

4. The Arya-Janvi romantic BGM.They should have made a separate track for the show and promoted it.

+1 No MIL on either side. They could have done a lot more with Brij's and Dadaji's characters but oh well.

The ML's flaws and vulnerability were realistic, not some overly dramatized daddy issues that made him a jerk/toxic. He was still very sensitive without being a doormat and knew when to stand up for what's right.

I loved the fact that the ML was not afraid to show emotions so openly or to shed tears, yet remained very masculine, very hero-like. Often on ITV MLs are shown crying in extreme situations, but here you'd see Arya become emotional about his father or when seeing Janvi upset. I loved the episode where he hid the ring in his mouth and didn't talk for the entire time but his angry tears and frustration were conveyed very well.

The FL is shown as Kian's supermom, which she probably is to him, but not as a superwoman who can do no wrong towards others or even towards the ML. She's not perfect but is shown to be strong, principled, yet prone to making mistakes without resorting to extremes. Rarity on ITV. Agree with you that I appreciated that she wasn't all forgiving about Pushkar and didn't hesitate to kick him out of her life for the sake of Kian, unlike other FLs who almost forgive murders.

They did have some typical romantic moments but typically her falling off ladders but agree with you that it wasn't used to 'show' chemistry. Their chemistry was just in their sharing screen space and even in non-romantic scenes, e.g. cockroach one or the cover drive one (one of my personal favorites), which as a genuine situation the characters came across. Another good example is when she sleeps in the alley and he props her head up with his shoulder. It would have been long-drawn out in other shows but here it was only a for a couple of minutes, with Arya's facial expressions and the Khamoshiyan song conveying his emotions: frustration and helplessness at her situation and wanting to do everything to protect her.

The kid actually seems like a kid, not overly mature like some others. His scenes are some of the most enjoyable ones.

The background music on this show is one of the things that attracted me, something different. Which specific one are you referring to? The Ishq Ishq one? I wonder who the composer is, they've done a fantastic job. I also love the music they played when they had the papers flying scene when Janvi was trying to avoid him but also a lot of the simple tracks were beautiful.

Most of all, what a gorgeous looking lead pair with mindblowing chemistry. Most of their scenes pre wedding track are watchable on repeat mode, and feel so fresh and different from what I see. The framing and the shots taken as part of the screenplay play a big role here. Hat's off to the direction as well, it was brilliant.

inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: rekha_crm

Just now I saw the ending scene..

Last moment tak Janvi never called him without 'sir' and didn't say I love yousmiley36

What a wasted ending of such a promisingly started showing.

I loved meeting all of you here. Hope we'll find some other show that we like together. If you all like anything please do let me know too.

Janvi told everyone except Arya that she loves him, and this is the first ML who understood her feelings and never pursued her to express them. We're supposed to assume this will come later and one day she'll stop calling him sir.

I loved meeting you as well. I'm going to see if Karan actually does end up in Doree 2 in the next couple of months. I'm not a big fan of these kinds of shows but I'll give it a shot for his sake. For now, I'm going to watch Zindagi ki Mehak.

Edited by inlieu - 29 days ago
inlieu thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

This scene... uff... I was hooked to the show to see how these daddy issues would be resolved. I know Ali and KV would have nailed those scenes. Alas!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yio9vy86rto

Edited by inlieu - 29 days ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rekha_crm

Do try Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colors with a naughty,charismatic,reporter who shifts to the new neighbourhood and upsets the widowed heroine's entire family. However her daughter befriends him. Very reminiscent of Kian and Arya's bonding.And the leads end up working together too which shows them a different side of each other. Just like Arya and Janvi.

Then there is Begusarai on Zee5. It has some great writing and all characters are gray,have sympathetic backstories and make wrong decisions. There are two male leads and two female leads. It's about the succession battle in a rural background and very patriarchal.The women have to find strength (and use their brains) to stand up to them.One of them is positive and the other is negative.

Check out the trailer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5296444/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Mehandi hai rachne wali on Hotstar is fun to watch with the feuding lovers Raghav Rao and Pallavi. The falling in love happens after a forced marriage which neither wanted. The Hyderabad setting, Ragahav's giant ego/narcissism and Pallavi's determination makes it special.We don't see too many North-South couples done successfully in tv series.

Edited by capricornrcks - 29 days ago
inlieu thumbnail

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Do try Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colors with a naughty,charismatic,reporter who shifts to the new neighbourhood and upsets the widowed heroine's entire family. However her daughter befriends him. Very reminiscent of Kian and Arya's bonding.And the leads end up working together too which shows them a different side of each other. Just like Arya and Janvi.

Then there is Begusarai on Zee5. It has some great writing and all characters are gray,have sympathetic backstories and make wrong decisions. There are two male leads and two female leads. It's about the succession battle in a rural background and very patriarchal.The women have to find strength (and use their brains) to stand up to them.One of them is positive and the other is negative.

Check out the trailer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5296444/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Mehandi hai rachne wali on Hotstar is fun to watch with the feuding lovers Raghav Rao and Pallavi. The falling in love happens after a forced marriage which neither wanted. The Hyderabad setting, Ragahav's giant ego/narcissism and Pallavi's determination makes it special.We don't see too many North-South couples done successfully in tv series.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've already watched Begusarai, loved it! Same with MHRW, it was also a breath of fresh air. Na Bole Tum has been recommended to me many times so I'll try to watch that. Also have Ye In Dinon Ki Baat Hai on my list.