Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: zara321

as far as i'm aware we are not allowed to post unverified or unofficial stuff from twitter and reddit or any other social media site.

huh 🤔 how do we know something verified or not ? celebs won’t validate things most times unless announcing some movie which then all portals will pick up in the mean time news on speculations happens and hue can one determine which source is more reliable then others.
791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

so reditt should not be allowed here is ur take? Tagging bi too because I’m trying to get the jist. But twitter is needed to post things that are happening

Nah. I think it should be allowed. I think anything should be allowed but that would mean expecting the higher ups to display fairness towards all. Which is a hard ask.

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Only posts from credible sources should be allowed.......some one who is known and can be taken to task if they are trying to peddle wrong news.....not only reddit....random tweets also...

I get that but how we gonna discuss things plus it’s not just this section other sections post rumors. Now in case you think having tweets that disgusting or name calling that I understand.

but twitter tweets gives us news and also tell us what things going on like instagram and we do post news and gossip on celebs and many like to indulge in gossipy convo. Regading reditt it seems to be just gossip portal

I guess no one minds a good gossip....people don't care.......but if it is something filthy and nasty.....then there would be a war.......now how do you differentiate between good and nasty?? Your good can be my nasty.....so there is only one way......to regulate what can be posted here......otherwise everyone willbe free to post anything and everything from Twitter and Reddit(No idea how Insta works).....do you think that will work?

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

huh 🤔 how do we know something verified or not ? celebs won’t validate things most times unless announcing some movie which then all portals will pick up in the mean time news on speculations happens and hue can one determine which source is more reliable then others.

Meaning if it doesn't come from the team or actor themselves then it's not official, it's just gossip or rumours

Originally posted by: zara321

as far as i'm aware we are not allowed to post unverified or unofficial stuff from twitter and reddit or any other social media site.

Correct.

News and blinds

News and blinds should be posted from credible sources. While this is not always possible for blinds, anything that was reported on air should generally come with some written source and that can be shared instead. This is because often times non-credible sources will post whatever they want for clicks or TRPs.

social media

You are allowed to post reviews/pictures/memes/videos from twitter/instagram/facebook or any other social media but they shouldn't be offensive in nature. Do NOT post updates regarding fights happening in other social media. Also discussions of what various fans are saying on social media will NOT be allowed on IF. What fans get up to outside of IF has no relevance here therefore any such discussions will NOT be entertained either.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4874956

Kaya65 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

That would be a very slippery slope Jessy.......what is misconstrued .....will be perceived differently by different people and different fandoms......How do u regulate that??

Posting a tweet, a reddit post from anonymous people will be chaotic.......because you(general) might think it is genuine......I might think its misconstrued......where will we stop??

Twitter is filled with ugly tweets from ALL fandoms about rival stars......if that is allowed .....you can't even imagine the bull shit that can be posted here.....

This is a moderated forum....atleast I know that I am here because of that......otherwise this place would have been a jungle.....

I agree with you however the same Standard should be for all. Juast a few days ago there were tweets, reddit gossip, etc about ranbir posted and nobody opened a thread for asking to stop those gossip. And now that there is something about their favourite they are playing the victim card.

Originally posted by: Kaya65

I agree with you however the same Standard should be for all. Juast a few days ago there were tweets, reddit gossip, etc about ranbir posted and nobody opened a thread for asking to stop those gossip. And now that there is something about their favourite they are playing the victim card.

100% agree with you......and if that is allowed....I can post some absolutely nasty filth here too.....not that I am going to...just an example...lol...

Rules should be same for everyone......

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

LoL🤣 there is no need for "bold" for a newbie who didn't know what bollywood was some time ago.

Do you know that you just revealed your personally biased knowledge about me smiley16

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

my beef exactly..'

i remember that twitter thread about RS's mother taking a dig at RK's mother and as usual, people were cackling over it and the proponents of should-not-have-unverified-threads were the ones trying to negate the veracity of that account being RS's mother's. Nobody, it seems, asked the mods for that thread to be taken off as the thread still lurks. That is only one of the relative examples..

You posted one article from TimesNow (which was not even the Reddit threadsmiley36) and lo behold, all the hells broke loose..

Hence, people should stop selective preaching and selective outrage..

What is bad for gander should be bad for the goose too..

And yeah, I agree, the neutrality should be ensured. I don't mind getting my WL raised when I am at the wrong but I wonder if the other side is meted the same treatment because I don't see any change in the tone and tonality of threads being made or replies being churned...

Edited by bashful_moon - 3 months ago