Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Some fans of BW stars who think the world begins and ends with Bollywood and that India is just the Hindi speaking belt do not grasp that Prabhas is pulling numbers akin to biggest BW stars with Hindi versions of his dubbed films and doing crazy numbers in the South and abroad too, that makes him the only true pan Indian star... a first of his kind in India!!

Call it his good fortune that he is a South Indian and has played the most iconic character in Indian cinema aka Baahubali, which has ensured one of the biggest fan followings for him in every part of India and amongst Indian diaspora. But it is what it is...the faster some accept this new normal the less bitter they will be about what is about to come in the next few years.

Edited by elaichichai - 1 months ago
TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Probably he is. He is doing massy movies all having good bo potential. But he needs to work on his physique and start putting effort in his acting again. He just seems to be lazy and boring in all his movies after Baahubali 2.

cts22 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

His day one openings are huge . More than any other star.

Post Baahubali, Saaho and Adipurush opened to bhg numbers on day one.

So did Salaar and Kalki

Opening Day is definitely the stars. Post that is the film

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

It is rather surprising that someone with such little acting chops is such a huge star because of what? I donno really lol. He doesnt even look good. Is it the aura, the characters, the script? I personally dont find Prabhas impressive but yeah he has got audience pull

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Didn’t he deliver a string of flops?

fantasyshowfan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Agree with others here that he needs to work on his physique and dialogue delivery. But then likeability / aura of a star has never been about acting chops.

He does seem to be giving the biggest openings of recent times and a major part of that could be him or his name that allows producers to invest a lot more in grand looking movies

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Gotta give it to prabhas he’s had massive debacles since baahubali…any lesser star would have been thrown out of the industry after adipurush and the critisism that came with it

But he dealt with all of it soo well…didn’t get defensive, didn’t shoot his mouth off or lose his mind, didn’t try bringing down other actors or crew, just worked on one major film after another ….hes also really well liked for his attitude by everyone so that always helps

He’s defo not the best actor out there but he has genuine organic stardom that permeates to smaller markets too…and that isn’t just a PR manufactured thing

Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Cap!! Show me one big budget action film that hasn't opened big? Nobody plays safer than this dude. Big scale expensive films with costly VFXs and massive sets. You could put a guy off the street in such films and they would have big openings. Nobody knew Yash or Allu Arjun and their films made just as much. SRK made Jawan & Pathan to regain his Stardom. It's the genre( an expensive genre) that brings people to the theatre, not Prabhas. Wake me up when this guy is ready to take a "Risk".

subhs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

LOL 100 cr opening 150 cr lifetime smiley36 that's not what star power is .His previous movies couldn't sustain 3 days .

Event movies always open big .I watched Kalki on big screen and its definitely not because of Prabhas

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

"Box Office India wonders if Prabhas is the biggest star in India"

...and I wonder about Box Office India smiley36

Edited by Clochette - 1 months ago