Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

scene 5

Malvika is lucky to have a friend like Dhwani. Her advice was spot on. Malvika needs to think about how she feels and be open and honest about it. Give others time but in the end they own their own reactions.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Scene #6

FADE IN:

NEXT DAY. INT. MALVIKA'S LIVING ROOM - EVENING

The room is warmly lit. MALVIKA sits on the couch, looking thoughtful. There's a knock on the door. She hesitates, then gets up and opens it. SHARAN stands there, looking nervous but determined. He holds a small bouquet of flowers.

MALVIKA

(surprised)

Sharan?

SHARAN

Hi, Malvika. Can I come in?

MALVIKA

(slightly guarded)

Sure.

She steps aside, letting him in. He hands her the flowers.

SHARAN

I... I got these for you.

MALVIKA

(takes the flowers)

Thank you. They're beautiful.

They sit on the couch, a palpable tension in the air.

SHARAN

I wanted to apologise for my reaction the other day. Outside the restaurant. I was shocked, and I didn't handle it well.

MALVIKA

(sighs)

It’s okay, Sharan. I understand it was a lot to take in.

SHARAN

No, it’s not okay. I was selfish. I was thinking about my feelings and not about what it took for you to share that with me.

MALVIKA

(touches his hand gently)

Sharan, I didn't mean to hide it from you. I needed time to trust you, to know that you'd accept me for who I am.

SHARAN

I get that now. And I want you to know that I do accept you. Completely.

He takes a deep breath, gathering his courage.

SHARAN (Contd.)

I talked to Shrishti after that day. She helped me understand your point of view. She made me realize how brave you were to share that part of yourself with me.

MALVIKA looks touched, but still cautious.

MALVIKA

Dhwani told me something similar. She said it was my choice when to come out, and that you had no right to be upset about it.

SHARAN

(sincerely)

She's right. I had no right to be upset. I reacted poorly. But I’ve thought about it a lot, and I understand now. I don't want to lose you over my mistake.

MALVIKA

(softening)

Sharan, you don't know how much that means to me. My parents... they always dismissed my sexuality. They thought if I dated you, I'd get over what they called my ‘fad’. When you reacted the way you did, I was scared you'd think the same way.

SHARAN

(his voice hoarse)

I’m so sorry you had to go through that. And I’m sorry I made you feel like that, even for a moment. I want you to know that I don’t see you that way at all. I see you for who you are, and I love you for it.

MALVIKA

(voice trembling)

I love you too, Sharan. But this isn't just about us. There will be challenges. People might not understand.

SHARAN

I know. But we'll face them together. Because I can't imagine my life without you. Your honesty, your strength, it's what I admire most about you.

MALVIKA smiles through her tears, her hand reaching out to touch his face.

MALVIKA

You really mean that?

SHARAN

Every word.

He pulls a small box from his pocket and opens it to reveal a ring.

SHARAN (Contd.)

Malvika, I love you. More than anything. And I want to spend my life with you. Will you marry me?

MALVIKA's eyes widen. She looks at the ring, then back at SHARAN. He has an expectant look in his eyes. There's a long, emotional pause as they look at each other.

MALVIKA

Sharan, I... I love you too, but I think we need more time. We need to understand each other better before taking this step.

SHARAN nods his head.

SHARAN

(smiling)

I understand. And I agree. As long as we’re together, I’m happy.

They hold hands, looking at each other with love and understanding.

MALVIKA

How about we imagine it? Six months from now, when we’re ready.

SHARAN

(daydreaming)

Six months from now... a beautiful garden, filled with orchids and lillies, our favourite flowers.

MALVIKA

(leaning into his shoulder)

And all our friends and family there, supporting us.

SHARAN

(turning to look at her)

You walking towards me looking more beautiful than ever in your lehenga.

MALVIKA

And you, waiting for me, with that nervous smile I love.

MALVIKA's eyes have a mischievous twinkle. SHARAN gives her a quizzical look.

MALVIKA (Contd.)

Sharan, would you mind if my friends and cousins steal your shoes?

SHARAN

(gazing at her)

Not at all. But most importantly, I can't wait for the day you say yes.

They both smile, lost in their shared dream. The camera pulls back, showing them in a loving embrace, their future ahead of them.

FADE OUT.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
LizzieBennet thumbnail

Nice one, T. I especially liked that little glimpse they have into the future. I was thinking there would be more drama (like Shiri wanted smiley36) but I also know this little script needed to be tied up soon and this segment does that very well.

coderlady thumbnail

For love to bloom, there must be acceptance. They have reached that stage. She is right about not rushing into things and take all the time to be fully convinced with their decision.