Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

She is hurting him more by hiding things and creating a situation where he doesn't know what to do or think any more.

DreamOfEndless thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Segment #5

Mangalam Bhagwan Vishnuh, Mangalam Garunadhwajah।

Mangalam Pundari Kakshah, Mangalaya Tano Harih॥

As the wedding mantras flowed and danced under the stars, Katha realised that it had been a bad idea to run away to Mumbai in a bid to avoid Sattu by giving excuse of Aaru's wedding. Her heart still felt heavy for hurting Sattu and her eyes were tearing up because this was probably the last time she would see him. Sattu was standing right next to her and discreetly observing her between the wedding ceremony. This was a colossal mess, not one thing went as per her plan.

A week after Katha had traveled to Mumbai, Sattu flew in surprising her.

"What are you doing here?" Katha asked.

"Attending your cousin's wedding," he answered.

"You didn't have to. I managed the engagement, I could manage the wedding too."

Sattu stopped in his tracks and observed her intently.

"Isn't your spouse supposed to be with you in a wedding?" he said softly as if it was the most obvious thing to say.

As if things were totally normal between them after that day they accidentally came close. He didn't ask her why she had packed all her clothes to Mumbai. He didn't ask why she was working on her resume after arriving to Mumbai. He had this understanding look yet he played along the charade Katha had set up for both of them.

Every time Katha tried to fight, every time she tried to make him hate her, he did something that made her heart melt into a puddle and she would feel even more guilty for deciding to let him go. She loved him. God, she knew she loved him, but she couldn't let him suffer because of her. He would never be truly happy with her. She caressed his name in her mehendi. He had written it himself during Aaru's mehendi right after she fought. She still remembered his firm yet gentle grasp on her hand that made her heart beat faster. Why didn't he hate her? Why was he testing her resolve? Most importantly, why was she falling more and more deeply in love with him? It was as if he was as determined to bind her with his selfless love as she was to make him hate her.

Katha couldn't help but shed helpless tears as Aaru showered rice on them during her bidaai because it meant it was time for Katha to go as well from Sattu's life. Sattu held her shoulders giving her his silent support. Did she also see a flash of hurt in his eyes? After the wedding, Katha was back to avoiding Sattu only her heart felt emptier and more broken. She fell to the foot of their bed in Aaru's house, and cried clutching his picture to her heart.

"If it is hurting you as well, then why do want to leave?"

And just like that he broke the charade she had been trying hard to keep. He sat beside her and offered her a handkerchief.

"You decided on behalf of both of us, Katha. Didn’t you want to know what I wanted?” He sounded hurt.

---------------------

I mainly focused on Katha’s turmoil that why she ran away to Mumbai. Since this was not the first time she was pushing him away, Satyraprem read her better.

Edited by DreamOfEndless - 3 months ago
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Taking next segment

Shirsha, hope you are around, we need to conclude the story soon

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Segment #6

"I want you Katha, always have, always will... "

Katha looked at her husband, his innocence and sincerity reflecting in his eyes.

If you don't have anything to hide, why would you think twice before speaking?

Why was it always so easy for him? He could be honest and wear his heart on his sleeve. On the other hand, Katha was always doomed to hide, lie, and be ashamed.

"I won't be enough for you..." Katha whispered, looking down at his name in dark brown mehendi, written in slightly crooked handwriting.

"I think...I mean, I know that I can't feel the feelings I should have for you. I am ace," She didn't look up but was surprised to hear a scoff from Satyaprem.

"This again, Katha? If you want me to not like you, for whatever reason you are trying to push me away, this lie won't work." Satyaprem said with an amused smile on his face.

Katha looked at him, her heart breaking. She knew that she was to be blamed for his indifference.

"Satya, I am not lying..."

Satyaprem looked at her, shocked. The silence was deafening. She sighed, it was done, there was no taking it back now.

"I am sorry, I am so sorry..." She stood up to leave when she felt a tug at her saree's pallu. Satyprem was holding the end of the pallu, tears in his eyes.

"Were you going to leave me?"

Katha didn't answer. Satyaprem stood up and cupped her face.

"You will never not be enough for me, Katha."

"But our marriage..."

"Doesn't rely on us being physical. I know I come off as desperate at times. Heck, I was so desperate to marry you that I didn't see the obvious, your disdain towards the marriage. But I have grown, and I know our relationship has grown too. Our marriage is beyond all that. Let me prove it to you."

"It won't be easy, Satyaprem. I don't want you to feel like you have to prove something. I don't want to be a bur..."

"You aren't, you never were. I wish you would see yourself through my eyes. You are so beautiful, you are enough, you aren't lacking anything."

Katha burst into tears and hugged him.

"I felt so hollow, I was so scared. I couldn't think of being without you, but I thought it would be the right thing to do."

She broke the hug, and Satyaprem kissed her forehead.

"Is this ok?" She nodded as she wiped her tears.

"Then it's enough for me."

She smiled and hugged her husband.

Edited by oh_nakhrewaali - 3 months ago
coderlady thumbnail

Segment 5

Sattu knows her well enough to read what each action means. He is there silently supporting her and giving her the opportunity to come clean.

coderlady thumbnail

segment 6

He has told her in no uncertain words what she means to him. That should put her mind at ease.