Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Rainbow Reign Pride Participant 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: SarafWasima

Since we are to discuss & dissect scenes, I want to share one of my most favourite & underrated scenes of KriYaansh! https://www.instagram.com/p/CUlu4nYLEmW/?igsh=Y3Q1d2VpenYwMzZx

I always felt this scene was a subtle way to show the slow & building attraction towards these two. It felt magical, pure & intimate even when it didn’t last long. Especially the use of the colour pink in the scene & costume. In the realm where red's fire meets white's grace, pink emerges as the hue of gentle love and sweet embrace. smiley43smiley42smiley9

I like this scene as well smiley10. I wish it would have been longer... felt like it ended too soon. And although I did notice the Pink shades while watching it for the first time, after reading your description, I'm tempted to rewatch the scene just to see it from the new perspective that your enchanting words have given me smiley42.

ssttuuttii thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Dil Dostii Dance – Opening sequence 1 (First appearance : 11th April 2011)

D3 - Opening sequence 1

The choreography and poses work well, especially with the themed costumes which are individualistic but still similar enough in terms of colors and tones. The theme song takes the cake though, with its upbeat music and catchy rhythm. In mere 20 seconds, the opening sequence manages to capture the very essence of the show, making sure the viewers are intrigued enough to give it a try.

Episode 1

Edited by ssttuuttii - 4 days ago
ssttuuttii thumbnail

Opening sequence 1

Dil Dostii Dance – Episode 1 (11th April 2011)

D3-Pehli Nazar Mein

Written Update :

We start the episode with some girls discussing entry into a club in Dehradun. That brings the conversation to Kriya, who is apparently going to arrange passes for them. Kriya is on a call, arguing with her mom and finally promising that she won’t dance at the New Year Party. With the call ending, she joins her friends who call her mom “Jhansi Ki Rani” (an Indian freedom fighter similar to Joan of Arc) and advise Kriya to stop telling the truth to her. She immediately refutes this suggestion, not wanting to lie to her mother when she isn’t doing anything wrong. But on a happier note, she informs them that her mom has finally allowed her to go to Mumbai so that she can fulfill her dreams.

As they try to enter the club, they realize that it is an exclusive club with limited passes. Determined to get in anyhow, they encounter Reyaansh and his friends, who are allowed to breeze in through the line and enter the club directly. Kriya’s phone breaks in the chaos, and she decides to use Reyansh’s name and fake an acquaintance with him to gain entry for her group. The guard falls for the trap and thus they finally go in, trying out masquerade masks and getting into the party mood. But Reyansh starts dancing with his friends and their rowdy style of dancing causes a lot of damage in the club. Frustrated with their behavior, Kriya’s friend gets into an argument with Reyansh’s friend, which ends with them challenging the girls to a dance off. While initially reluctant because of her promise to her mother, Kriya ends up doing a little sequence to stop the boys from insulting them.

Unfortunately, that makes the police officer misunderstand the situation and arrest her along with Reyansh at the club owner’s complaint for damage to his property. At the police station, the officer questions them both, and despite Kriya’s justifications, pronounces them both guilty. We find out that while Reyansh is the son of a famous steel merchant from Mumbai, Kriya doesn’t know who her father is. Reyansh offers to pay up for the damage while Kriya requests the officer to not call her mom but it is too late, as Smriti appears at the police station herself. She informs the officer that she has paid for the damage and the club owner has agreed not to press charges, upon which the officer agrees to let them both go. While going out, Reyansh looks at Kriya’s masquerade mask (which she had thrown at him before starting her dance) and thinks that even if they never see each other again, this will surely stay a memorable meet.

At Kriya’s home, her mom has torn her train tickets to Mumbai which leads to a little disagreement between them before Smriti informs Kriya that she has booked plane tickets instead. The only caveat being that she is accompanying Kriya there, who is unhappy about this development as she wants to pursue her dream of dancing which her mother is not supportive of. Nevertheless, they both end up going to Mumbai together, where we see our first glimpse of St. Louis College of Arts, Commerce & Science, as Kriya decides to make dance her identity in this new place.

St. Louis College Emblem

Page Divider

New Characters Introduced :

Kriya Ghai (portrayed by Shakti Mohan) –

Kriya Ghai

A girl with an interesting dichotomy. On one hand, she loves dancing and dreams of pursuing it further, to the extent that she has selected her college based on that. But at the same time, she doesn’t want to lie to her mother, and so, is willing to make a promise to stay away from dance. Her “K effect” might work some charms but will it be enough to persuade her mom? That is yet to be seen…

Reyaansh "Rey" Singhania (portrayed by Kunwar Amar) –

Reyaansh Singhania

A rich guy with no regard to rules and discipline, seeking to pay his way out of trouble. But, behind this façade, we can see the glimpses of his more sensitive persona, as he tries to avoid the fight in the club and regrets his comment on Kriya’s father after finding out the real situation. A good dancer, albeit a bit of a show-off, his other qualities remain to be seen…

Smriti Ghai (portrayed by Tarana Raja) –

Smriti Ghai

The lady who rules her household with an iron hand, but her love for her daughter is very apparent. She is against dance as well as Mumbai, but on her daughter’s pleading, finally decides to shift there to allow Kriya to attend a college in that city. While she is unaware of the real reason for her daughter’s choice of college, it will definitely come to light one day. Only time will tell how she reacts then…

Page Divider

Episode Rating :

Plot *****

Very captivating first episode with adequate exposure to allow a bond to form with the characters, but leaving enough out to still maintain a sense of mystery. The pace is good and the plot interesting.

Screenplay and Dialogs ***1/2

While the screenplay does seem a tad melodramatic, it is more so because of the actors’ inability to be subtle. The dialogs are good, although they too suffer because of the poor dialog delivery.

Acting **

As professional dancers brought in to act for the first time, the lead actors are understandably raw. That doesn’t explain why the rest of the cast has to be that way too. The police officer is the only extra whose acting was on par.

Visuals ***1/2

The Cinematography and Editing are middling, but the Costumes and Sets elevate the look.

Soundtrack ****

The background tunes are good and the song mix for the dance was also quite suitable.

Choreography ***

Quite basic in terms of actual choreography, but works well in terms of introducing the characters, by playing up to their fortes.

Overall rating – 3.5/5

Page Divider

Word/s of the Day :

Jhansi Ki Rani – Used to refer to Kriya’s mom (Smriti Ghai), for her firm and uncompromising conduct.

K effect – Kriya’s charm / ability to turn things in her favor.

Dialog of the Day :

“Dance… Dance ban jaay meri pehchan” – Kriya’s decision on entering the unfamiliar grounds of her new college.

Scene of the Day :

First proper eye to eye (Look-look, Hawa-hawa), with Kriyansh background tune as the cherry on the cake. smiley27

Kriyansh look-look hawa-hawa

Blooper of the Day :

Kriya’s friend playing peek-a-boo with her mask. smiley16

Blooper

Theme of the Day :

Dil / Dosti / Dance – Dance

Kriyansh Dance

Episode 2

Bhavisweet03 thumbnail

Just relived the rollercoaster of emotions from that episode! Kriya's determination to stay true to herself, despite the challenges she faces, is truly inspiring. And the twist with Reyansh adds an unexpected twist to the story. Can't wait to see what's next for Kriya at St. Louis College of Arts, Commerce & Science!

ssttuuttii thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

Hello everyone! smiley9

I'm Stuti and I recently started watching Dil Dostii Dance with the help of Saraf who uploads the episodes on her IG channel. While talking with her on PM, I stated how I would love to discuss the episodes with fellow fans... especially now that we are aware of what happens and who ends up with whom... so all the couple wars can be avoided and instead, we can focus on the main essence of D3 and of the little things that were missed out back then among the grander revelations.

She loved the idea as well and so, here we are with this thread. The D3 forum is closed now... but for any old and new members who ever liked the show or any of it's characters, this thread is an open invite to jump in and discuss the episodes and/or characters, their dance 💃, costumes 👕, dialog 💬, bloopers 🤪... or anything else that catches your fancy ✨️.

This thread is open to fans of all couples / characters with the general IF rules applying - mainly NO BASHING.

Use this as an excuse to re-watch D3 and rekindle your memories... and don't forget to bring along your friends for the ride as well smiley2.

Looking forward to some interesting interactions with my fellow D3 fans... let's relive the golden days of ITV smiley10.

Love,

Stuti

Tagging old members from Dil Dostii Dance forum. Please press like or comment if you want to be tagged in further analysis or discussion posts about D3 (you can even mention if you are only interested in specific characters / pairings so I can tag you accordingly).

You can also join the new Dil Dostii Dance - Rewind forum to check out the Creations Gallery and make new topics according to your liking smiley4

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/private?mode=t&c=2

So what are you waiting for? Let's reminisce (and dissect) our beloved show together smiley9.

Love,

Stuti

P.S. Sorry if you find the random tagging annoying. With the old forum closed, there was no other way to reach out to you smiley24. But once we are all connected and active again, we can make a request for the old forum to be reopened or the new private forum to be made public smiley10.

sreeja_rox thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

-

Edited by sreeja_rox - 3 months ago
sreeja_rox thumbnail

Hey Hi …. This feels so good . I had actually forgotten my IF username password and somehow came back here just last week . And started reading few of the FF’s here. Was pure nostalgia. Personally D3 was a show i was so addicted to also ,thanks to the fights that happened here also smiley36 Like Thinking of it now seriously how could we fight and bash each other just fir fictional characters . Lol anyways would be great if any more people still around here so that we can reconnect

SarafWasima thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 7

Ah, memories! This episode takes me back to a simpler time when my biggest worry was whether or not my parents would let me go to a party. Kriya's struggle between following her dreams and keeping her promise to her mother is one that many of us can relate to. And who can forget the iconic line, 'Jhansi Ki Rani?' Smriti Ghai's character was such a force to be reckoned with!

Overall, this was a solid episode that had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. The acting was a bit over the top at times, but the chemistry between Kriya and Reyansh was undeniable. Biased with ArSha bro! smiley9 I can't wait to comment on what happens next! smiley10smiley27

Edited by SarafWasima - 3 months ago
ssttuuttii thumbnail

Originally posted by: sreeja_rox

Hey Hi …. This feels so good . I had actually forgotten my IF username password and somehow came back here just last week . And started reading few of the FF’s here. Was pure nostalgia. Personally D3 was a show i was so addicted to also ,thanks to the fights that happened here also smiley36 Like Thinking of it now seriously how could we fight and bash each other just fir fictional characters . Lol anyways would be great if any more people still around here so that we can reconnect

As someone who's been a part of fandom mania and seen crazy fan wars, I agree that they seem really stupid in hindsight... but can be very nasty and rabid in real time.

Nevertheless, now that we are beyond those petty rivalries (hopefully smiley36), I hope everyone joins in to enjoy the magic of D3 together again smiley9. Meanwhile, you can check the index on first page for the interesting posts in this thread and the Creations Gallery in new forum for some more nostalgia smiley4. You can also come up with new topics... and we would be glad to join in smiley9.

Love,

Stuti

P.S. If you are in contact with any other D3 fans, feel free to tag them or send the link to them. The more, the merrier smiley10.

sreeja_rox thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssttuuttii

As someone who's been a part of fandom mania and seen crazy fan wars, I agree that they seem really stupid in hindsight... but can be very nasty and rabid in real time.

Nevertheless, now that we are beyond those petty rivalries (hopefully smiley36), I hope everyone joins in to enjoy the magic of D3 together again smiley9. Meanwhile, you can check the index on first page for the interesting posts in this thread and the Creations Gallery in new forum for some more nostalgia smiley4. You can also come up with new topics... and we would be glad to join in smiley9.

Love,

Stuti

P.S. If you are in contact with any other D3 fans, feel free to tag them or send the link to them. The more, the merrier smiley10.

sure we can all reconnect and discuss like what could have been improved in the show or not .

Personally being a Taarey viewer , till date i am disappointed with the fact that Taani and Taarey had a bad ending . Leave TR , chalo chalta hai not sure even today why Taani was bought back to show her engagement track . That was totally unnecessary. And oh yes the content showing that a non dancer cannot be frnds with a professional dancer was actually such a wrong msg being passed to the youth watching the show that time .