Dil Ko Tumse Pyar Hua (Star Plus) Aditi Tripathi , Akshit Sukhija

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 2 months ago

Hello everybody smiley4

The trailer of Dil Ko Tumse Pyaar Hua revolves around Deepika (Aditi Tripathi), a dark-skinned girl who is ill-treated by her stepmother and half sister. Chirag (Akshit Sukhija), a young doctor from an affluent family falls in love with her. While Chirag’s parents want him to get married to Deepika’s sister, he is adamant on marrying Deepika

It is a remake of a Bengali show : Anurager Chhowa. Which was dubbed and aired on Star Plus as : Chukar Mere Man Ko.

It will air daily from 15th July at 7 pm , replacing : Teri Meri Doriyaan

https://youtu.be/79nbGV1twSI?si=QDlPxe5T9RMt4YLM

Edited by awida - 2 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rahul65 thumbnail
I love this serial
Thorn.Princess thumbnail

Thanks for sharing. The promo is really good, though as usual they seem to have casted a fair skinned girl as the dusky one here too. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I was wondering why the plot felt similar. This is another remake of Karuthamuthu (Malyalam), which was adapted into Karthika Deepam (Telugu), Muddulakshmi (Kannada), Bharathi Kannamma (Tamil), Rang Maza Vegla (Marathi) and then Anurager Chhowa (Bengali).

This is the third Hindi remake of the show. While the first one was called Kartik Purnima on Star Bharat which ended abruptly in 2020, the second one was on Star Plus itself as Yeh Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar in 2022 that again was closed off in 3 months.

Just hope they have reworked on the plot while keeping the premise same and this one works out for the sake of the team involved.

Edited by Thorn.Princess - 2 months ago
Anshika_sharma thumbnail
i will watch this show.
awida thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thorn.Princess

Thanks for sharing. The promo is really good, though as usual they seem to have casted a fair skinned girl as the dusky one here too. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I think Aditi is a dusky girl in real.. but the channels put filters on everyone on screen.. coz all actors look fairer than real. So they had to add makeup to make her look dusky. That's why she doesn't look natural. smiley4

I was wondering why the plot felt similar. This is another remake of Karuthamuthu (Malyalam), which was adapted into Karthika Deepam (Telugu), Muddulakshmi (Kannada), Bharathi Kannamma (Tamil), Rang Maza Vegla (Marathi) and then Anurager Chhowa (Bengali).

This is the third Hindi remake of the show. While the first one was called Kartik Purnima on Star Bharat which ended abruptly in 2020, the second one was on Star Plus itself as Yeh Jhuki Jhuki Si Nazar in 2022 that again was closed off in 3 months.

Just hope they have reworked on the plot while keeping the premise same and this one works out for the sake of the team involved.

I think the story of a white boy falling for a dusky girl is overused. First Saloni. It was a well made show . And leads were perfect. But there the guy wasn't interested in the girl .
Let's hope the details are different. Although after reading about all those remakes I am doubtfull.

Thorn.Princess thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I think the story of a white boy falling for a dusky girl is overused. First Saloni. It was a well made show . And leads were perfect. But there the guy wasn't interested in the girl .
Let's hope the details are different. Although after reading about all those remakes I am doubtfull.

Hmm, yes, I also agree, the concept is truly overused. Saath Phere was really bold with this concept, at a time when people did not acknowledge openly that they do this colour discrimination, though it was rampant in the entertainment industry and the subtle messaging too ~ notably Fair & Lovely ads. Atleast Saloni was never shown to be ashamed of it, and held her own with Nahar and others, and taught them how looks are only one part of one's personality.

Vivah also kinda showed the dusky skin being seen as inferior, with the younger daughter being powdered by her mother, similar plot was used in Bidaai, though they showed Ranveer never having qualms about Ragini's colour. Suhaani Si Ek Ladki presented the fair-skinned and dark-skinned girls as friends rather than sisters, same with Tapasya and Iccha in Uttaran in some sense, though there you also had the class difference. Laagi Tujhse Lagan and Pinjara Khubsurti Ka again were about skin tones too, instrumental in showing how the other side of the reality is just as atrocious and fair skinned girls of a humble strata are deemed worthy of exploitation and selling into prostitution. Right now, I guess people were also bringing in Bridgerton S2 into the conversation in this regard, but I have not watched that one, so cannot comment if skin tones actually played a role in it at all.

In either case, I hope this show survives.

awida thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

Hmm, yes, I also agree, the concept is truly overused. Saath Phere was really bold with this concept, at a time when people did not acknowledge openly that they do this colour discrimination, though it was rampant in the entertainment industry and the subtle messaging too ~ notably Fair & Lovely ads. Atleast Saloni was never shown to be ashamed of it, and held her own with Nahar and others, and taught them how looks are only one part of one's personality.

Vivah also kinda showed the dusky skin being seen as inferior, with the younger daughter being powdered by her mother, similar plot was used in Bidaai, though they showed Ranveer never having qualms about Ragini's colour. Suhaani Si Ek Ladki presented the fair-skinned and dark-skinned girls as friends rather than sisters, same with Tapasya and Iccha in Uttaran in some sense, though there you also had the class difference. Laagi Tujhse Lagan and Pinjara Khubsurti Ka again were about skin tones too, instrumental in showing how the other side of the reality is just as atrocious and fair skinned girls of a humble strata are deemed worthy of exploitation and selling into prostitution. Right now, I guess people were also bringing in Bridgerton S2 into the conversation in this regard, but I have not watched that one, so cannot comment if skin tones actually played a role in it at all.

In either case, I hope this show survives.

I didn't know there were so many dramas about dusky girls.

It is better they offer something new. There's another show in the making , on Colors TV .. it too has the theme of a dusky girl. It is a remake of a Kannada show: Lakshana.

Edited by awida - 1 months ago
Thorn.Princess thumbnail

It is better they offer something new. There's another show in the making , on Colors TV .. it too has the theme of a dusky girl. It is a remake of a Kannada show: Lakshana.

Seems like at this point iTV has just become a recycle bin for tried and tested plots. Thanks for the conversation though, made me also realise how common the theme was!

Anshika100 thumbnail

which new show in colors with same concept about dusky girl?

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

You are right.It is the 3rd remake.