free_willy thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 19 days ago

Link to Chapter 1-3: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5353971#165190163

Chapter 4

Armaan was dreading today's date. It was the day, his Divorce with Abhira was going to be finalized. He was getting a sinking feeling like something really bad was about to happen. He was feeling choked inside, like something very precious was going away from him. Suddenly, there was a call on his phone. It was Abhira's number. He picked up the call but the person on the other side was not Abhira, but his father. 

Madhav (on the phone): Armaan beta, please come to the hospital. Abhira has been shot. We are in Jeevan Jyoti Hospital.

Armaan was shocked. He wanted to avoid today's divorce proceeding but not like this. He never imagined something like this could have happened with Abhira. His hands started shaking and he started trembling with fear. Ruhi noticed him from afar. She came running towards Armaan. 

Ruhi: Armaan! Kya hua. Tum theek to hona?

Armaan: Ruhi..Abhira!!

Ruhi: Kya hua Abhira ko?

Armaan: She is....shot. Mujhe uske paas jana hai. I need to see her. If anything happened to her, I wouldn't be able to survive!

Ruhi was shocked to learn about Abhira's condition but she was more shocked to see the state of Armaan. He was crying continuously and trembling with fear for Abhira's life. She has never seen him so distressed. The truth was staring back at her face again but like every other time, she neglected it and believed what she thought was best for her. She was avoiding the truth that Armaan was no longer in love with her. Even when they were talking he always seemed distant and lost. It was like he was physically there but mentally somewhere else. When they were home his eyes were always searching for Abhira and he would find some ways to get into conversation with her. However, she was glad that Abhira was giving him a cold shoulder and today they were supposed to get divorced. Though Ruhi didn't like Abhira much, she didn't hate her either. She wanted Abhira to be happy but outside Armaan's life. She cannot bear to see Armaan with Abhira. Armaan is the only anchor of her life and she won't let him go away from her. He had promised her marriage and she won't let him sway. He once loved her, he will fall in love with her again. Consequence be damned, she won't leave Armaan. Looking at the condition of Armaan, and herself worried about Abhira's life, she decided to take Armaan to the hospital. He clearly was in no shape to drive or go there by himself. Vidhya, Manisha Chachi, and the chorus gang also met them in the hallway. It seems they also got to know about Abhira's condition. All of them decided to go to the hospital together. 

Inside the hospital

Dadisa and Madhav were waiting outside. Their clothes were covered with Abhira's blood and both of them were silently crying and praying to god for Abhira's life. Armaan came towards them running. He fell several times due to trembling and unsteady fearful gait. Ruhi, Vidhya, and Manisha came rushing after him. Armaan's heart was thumping rapidly as he saw the blood on Madhav and Dadisa's clothes.

Armaan: Papa, Abhira! Wo kahan hai? I want to see her. Wo theek to haina. Use kuch nahi ho sakta. Meri Abhira ko kuch nahi ho sakta. She cannot leave me! (He was chanting repeatedly in distress). 

Madhav:  She is in OT. We will get to know the situation when the doctor is out. 

Vidhya: Madhav, how was she shot?

Madhav: Masa got a call from the kidnapper a few days ago. I got a hunch of it and heard Masa talking to them on the phone. I tapped the conversation and decided to catch the kidnappers red-handed. Today, Masa has gone to meet them. Unknown to her, I had set a trap for them.

Kaveri: Police arrival alerted the kidnappers and they took a shot at me. But out of nowhere, Abhira came in between and took the shot that was meant for me. I never showed any love and care to that girl. In fact, I insulted her upbringing, and the character of her mother at every chance I got. Yet, that brave child didn't take a second to sacrifice her life for me. 

Armaan was crying continuously. He failed to understand his Abhira and he failed to protect her. He dropped to the ground crying silently and praying to God to keep Abhira safe.

Suddenly, the hospital door opened. A very young and good-looking Doctor came out. Everyone ran towards him to get updates about Abhira's health. 

Armaan: Doctor, how is my wife?

Doctor was shocked to hear the word "wife" from Armaan.

Doctor: Abhira is out of danger now. Luckily, the bullet missed a vital organ. Our main concern was the blood loss. We will keep her under observation for the next few hours. She is weak due to the heavy blood loss but we think she will be fine. She is a fighter and will recover very soon. I am an intern. The main Doctor in charge will be out soon and will provide further updates related to her health.

Everyone was a bit relieved to learn that Abhira was okay.

Doctor: BTW, I am Dr. Ayaan Malhotra. I am also Abhira's childhood friend. I was so shocked and worried to see her condition today. I believe you all are from her In-Law's family. Do you guys know when Akshara Aunty will reach here? Abhira will feel much better to have her around. 

Madhav: Her mom passed away a year ago. 

Ayaan was shocked and equally worried for Abhira. She was one of his most treasured friends and he loved Akshara aunty. She was such a kind and sweet lady. 

Ayaan: OMG! How did it happen?

Madhav explained everything to Ayaan related to Yuvraaj's fiasco and how Akshara passed away. 

Ayaan: It's so hard to believe that Akshara Aunty is gone and that I would never see her kind smile. I wish Abhira told me about it. She must be so lost and heartbroken. Akshara Aunty was her whole world. I wish I was there for her. That time must be so hard for her but I am glad you guys were there for her. She always craved a big family and I am so glad she got one :)

Dadisa, Vidhya, and other members of the Poddar family were feeling so ashamed of themselves for the way they treated Abhira when she first arrived at the Poddar house after her mother's demise. Instead of consoling and supporting her, they kept ranting and criticizing her for everything. 

Suddenly, the main doctor in charge came out of the OT. 

Doctor: Kaveri Ji, the surgery was successful. Your daughter-in-law is doing much better now. We will keep her under sedative for the next 24 hours to accelerate her recovery. You guys can go home and rest. Dr. Ayaan here is a very capable doctor and a good friend of yourAbhira. He will oversee oversee Abhira's case. Ayaan, let me know if there are any issues or concerns related to Abhira's health. Alright, I will take your leave now.

Armaan (to his family): You guys should go home, I will stay here with Abhira.

Ruhi: Armaan, I will also stay with you.

Armaan: Nahi, tum sabke saath ghar jao. I want to stay alone for sometime. 

Ayaan (to Armaan): Actually, there is nothing much that you can do here other than wait. It would be better if you go home and get some rest. I will inform you when she is up or you can come back in the morning. 

Armaan: I won't be able to sleep peacefully even if I go back home. I would rather stay here, close to Abhira. Ruhi please go home with others. 

Ruhi: But Armaan...

Dadisa: Armaan will stay here with Abhira. Ruhi, tum harame saath ghar chalo. 

Ruhi couldn't protest more after Dadisa's last word. It was the end of the conversation and she had to leave with others. Ayaan and Armaan sat together on the bench reflecting on their past memories with Abhira. 

Chapter 5https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5354073

Edited by free_willy - 19 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Amazing, outstanding chapter 

Loved reading armaan reaction and ruhi realization 

Excited to read how both aryan and armaan will reflect on abhira ….perhaps this will make armaan realize he took abhira for granted

Excited to read more 

Thank you for posting early

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Awesome update! But it ended too quickly. Craving more! Wanna see Ayaan Abhira bond too. ❤️ Hopefully he'll be a good friend. 

I hope Abhira reveals the truth of kidnapper-Dadi that she recorded and leaves the poddars. 

Kaveri can be changed leaf, her supporter etc. but I'd like Abhira to be wary of them all. 

free_willy thumbnail

Thank you everyone for your comments and appreciation :) I started off this story out of frustration on the current plot and Armaan characterization. I initially thought of having 2-3 chapters just as an outline of Abhira’s life trajectory but as I started writing it got expanded and I ended up writing more. Though I enjoyed writing, I also realized writing a fiction is not easy. It involves lot of emotions, imagination and time. Because of my busy schedule, I am not sure if I can continue this story for long. However, I do appreciate all the love and appreciation I got from this forum. I don’t want to leave this story incomplete. So I will windup in next 2-3 chapters. However, the ending might feel rushed and a little abrupt. When I started this story, I imagined an open end and that’s what we will have in this story as well. I am sorry, if I am disappointing anyone. Again, thank you for your love and appreciation :)

Edited by free_willy - 19 days ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I appreciate that you have thought about completing the story instead of discontinuing it. 

Even if the ending is abrupt, I appreciate a proper completion of a story 

Will wait for future chapters 

Please do consider writing in future on abhimaan even if it is small story or one shot. You are an excellent writer 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Behen part 5 bhi likh do! 

Edited by Pinecone - 19 days ago
free_willy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Behen part 5 bhi likh do! 

just posted! :)

Pinecone thumbnail

Aaj aap toh Genie ki tarah jo maange voh de rahe ho! 

So my remaining wishes are

1. I want you to keep posting FFs regularly. Oneshots also will be great! 

2. Can you do some genie magic and make the show ka Armaan at least a little tolerable. 😂

free_willy thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Aaj aap toh Genie ki tarah jo maange voh de rahe ho! 

So my remaining wishes are

1. I want you to keep posting FFs regularly. Oneshots also will be great! 

2. Can you do some genie magic and make the show ka Armaan at least a little tolerable. 😂

Armaan is a gone case. I have no hopes from makers. Everyone feels the same but makers don’t care 🤷🏻‍♀️ 😅                 

I am planning on winding up this FS. Therefore, thought of posting quick updates so I can focus on my other work. Only one more chapter remaining. It would be mostly a summary of what I had imagined for the end of this story. I will take a break after posting the last chapter 🙂 Thanks for your comments and appreciation 🤗 

Pinecone thumbnail

will look forward to the last chapter. And hopefully once you have some time , you'll post more stuff as well