I felt bad for Anupama in this last episode

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 22 days ago

I did not feel bad for Anuj, I felt bad for Anupama in this last episode. What right does Anuj have to ask Anupama to come take care of his family? 

Anuj married Anupama knowing her pre-existing bonds, apparently knowing her well enough (meaning that he knew her nature and knew that she could never cut ties with her children or in laws) so there is no room for complaint. He chose to adopt little Anu and hence understands the unbreakable love of a parent for a child. For choti’s sake, he forsook Anupama and lived with Maaya, yet no one considers that out of place? He is allowed to cohabit with another woman for the sake of Choti but Anupama cannot visit/take care of her kids? Does not matter how old her biological kids are, to a mother her kids are always her kids. So Anuj understands the filial bond but questions her maternal love? He is the one who drove Anupama away with his selfish and insensitive questioning. He can abandon Anupama to go live with Maaya, but Anupama cannot leave him when he insults her maternal love? 

Even in this last episode, Anuj has absolutely no right to ask Anupama to come live at his house. Aadhya is his responsibility, he is engaged to be married to Shrew, yet he has the insensitivity to ask his ex wife to come live in the same house as his current to be wife and tend to his daughter and his fiancée to make his life easier? 

It has been written here in this forum time and time again by Shrew and Aadhya lovers that Aadhya should be kept away from Anupama, since Anupama is the bad woman, the unnatural, non maternal woman who caused all this trauma to Aadhya. It has been said that Anuj should do his best to keep Aadhya away from Anupama’s saaya even, how then is it right that he can ask Anupama in the middle of the night to come live at his house to tend to his daughter? 

How is Anuj any different from the Shahs if he is expecting Anupama to solve his problem? If Aadhya is legally adopted by both Anuj and Anupama then the latter has equal rights over the girl but this has never been acknowledged or addressed. So if Anuj is the legal parent, it is his duty to take care of his daughter and fiancée and not go running to his ex wife for her help. 

I did not feel bad for Anuj yesterday, I felt bad for Anupamaa. She is the loser, she is the doormat who cannot say no to the people whom she loves. She is the one being hurt here. She was married to that man, she loved/loves him still (agreed or not), she was roped in to cook for the engagement, she was treated poorly by Shrew (insecurity or otherwise, Shrew is an adult and should have put distance between herself, Aadhya and Anupama and not insulted Anupama to assuage her own feelings. The pic incident where Shrew gives it to Anupama, people talked about Anupama burning up the pic but did not chastise Shrew for giving that pic to Anupama. If Shrew did not like the pic, let her have torn it up, what was the need to humiliate Anupama?), Anupama is bashed by Aadhya at every turn, she has to watch another woman make sheep’s eyes at her ex husband, she now has to suppress her feelings, her hurt, her sammaan and go take care of a girl who hates her and a woman who slyly insults her at every turn simply because her ex husband asked her to?? 

This woman is nuts and has no self preservation skills, constantly being beaten emotionally by everyone she cares for, I feel sad for Anupama as she has no gumption to tell selfish Anuj who in this instance is no better than Vanraj or Ba to go take a flying leap and figure out his own life. 

Edited by soapwatcher1 - 22 days ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soapwatcher1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 21 days ago

Today’s episode left in its trail a lot of confusion - Anuj can understand that Shrew will not like Anu being in their house but he does not give a fig as to what Anu would go thru moving into the house of her ex and his current flame/fiancee/would be wife. Selfish man. 

Shrew’s “you are mine now and will remain mine to the end of time”, what was that? foreshadowing? An omen? 
And the unsettled expression on Anuj’s face, is he realizing Shrew is not all that uncomplicated?

The flowers getting strewn at the entrance as Anupama walks in, would does that signify? Phool kil rahe hai Anuj ke mann me? Or another foreshadowing of sorts? Anu enters his house and all things get right? 

Wish Anupama had not agreed to stay at Anuj’s house. More drama, more heartache, the saga never ends. 

Blueeeee thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 21 days ago

Anupamaa is a pathetic, abusive character but honestly Anuj and his well wishers don't even accord her basic humanity. Her son died and people want her to pet and pamper and coddle a middle-aged manchild. Which person, let alone a turu lobh partner, behaves like that? If I went to a grieving mother and made her son's death all about myself, she'd rightly scream at me at the very least.

People, including Anuj and Adhya, pit Pari's life against Adhya's as if the former's life should be less worthy to Upmaa because Pari has Shah DNA. I mean what sort of empathyless psychopathy is that towards a child?

Anupamaa needs unlearning and therapy tbh. She is a victim-turned-abuser who hasn't broken the cycle of abuse yet, and it is just pitiable and enraging.