Show Discussions

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 months ago

Watched the episode. Loved it. It was all well handled. Everyone performed well. I liked how they showed that despite being a muazzan and knowing that it's a sin to plan halala, he forced Ibrahim to get married. That shows how anyone can commit sin

awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7

Romantic Reveries

I can't understand how a religious guy commit such a great sin!. Coz in Hadeath and sunnah: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) cursed the man who made a woman lawful for her first husband and the one for whom she was made lawful.

“A creature is not to be obeyed when it involves disobedience to the "Creator.”

I can understand it if Ibrahim was little aware of this rule in Islam. But to anger Allah , because he couldn't say : no to a person. I find it strange.

Originally posted by: awida

I can't understand how a religious guy commit such a great sin!. Coz in Hadeath and sunnah: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) cursed the man who made a woman lawful for her first husband and the one for whom she was made lawful.

I can understand it if Ibrahim was little aware of this rule in Islam. But to anger Allah , because he couldn't say : no to a person. I find it strange.

But that's how humans are. Being religious doesn't mean they aren't capable of sin. Not everyone is strong. But important thing is realisation. Also it shows how Ibrahim despite being religious, as human, felt so indebted to that Maulvi that he agreed

Originally posted by: awida

Yeah apparently it looked strange but humans are not perfect. Ibrahim is a weak person. He has sense of realisation but he has no guts to take stand for wrong.

But i hope his sense of realisation will boost him and make him strong enough to obey only what his religion teaches him.

Episode was strong because performances were strong.

Bilal is too good. Yeh banda har character main fit hojata hai. That opening scene was damn good, his hands were shivering. smiley32

Gohar was good too. He always does well in negative roles.

Sabeena is actually director's actor and here again she proved that she can act so well under supervision of a good director.

The good thing about the story is that ibrahim is well aware that planned Halala is prohibited in Islam. Hopefully they will handle this matter carefully.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Originally posted by: NINALOGY

Episode was strong because performances were strong.

Bilal is too good. Yeh banda har character main fit hojata hai. That opening scene was damn good, his hands were shivering. smiley32

Gohar was good too. He always does well in negative roles.

Sabeena is actually director's actor and here again she proved that she can act so well under supervision of a good director.

The good thing about the story is that ibrahim is well aware that planned Halala is prohibited in Islam. Hopefully they will handle this matter carefully.

I'm happy that Sabeena is getting praised smiley41also can't wait for the plot to start

mango.falooda thumbnail

Thanks for the explanations moose, meand, haalim. Just a few more questions. Please feel free to correct me if I am misunderstanding the concepts. So my educated guess would be that the intent behind halala is actually to protect the woman -- to ensure a husband doesn't just give talaq whenever he feels like for idiotic reasons and then to get her back. Basically treat her like a toy that he wants to keep or throw away at will.

To prevent such flippant attitudes, halala exists to ensure that divorce is taken seriously. The woman gets to have a second marriage and begin another life if she wants. Only if her second marriage fails again, then she is back in society. So at this time, the first husband and her can try a new relationship hopefully wiser and more informed. Have I understood the dynamics correctly?

So a planned halala would be a sin for the following I am assuming:

• Making a mockery of the intent behind the religious edicts
  • Essentially selling your wife like a woman of the night and getting someone to sleep with her
  • Treating her like a toy that can be bought and thrown away at will

muse, awida, nina -- I was also confused how the muazzan basically asked Ibrahim to do this; is this a misinterpretation of texts? Or does he get some favour out of Shabbir? Or is it because no one takes Ibrahim or Aliya as people worthy of respect, honour and dignity? Are both Ibrahim and Aliya in some sense invisible and their feelings don't matter to others?

Aliyah trying to self-harm herself means that she felt trapped and was not willing to be part of this madness. Did she feel like she had no choice but to go along? Did she have no family she could return to? Why stay in the house where you are divorced? Could she have said 'no'? Why did she say qabool during the wedding?

Shabbir's comment that his mom should have taken her to the parlour felt absurd. They are doing this in the middle of the night away from prying eyes. It is supposed to be a secret and no one is happy with the arrangement. So why would the mom dress her up when all of this is absurd madness?

It is going to be interesting to see the transformation of Ibrahim from a timid man to someone who is more braver and putting himself to protect her. Wondering how much the loss of everyone he loves during earthquake has effected him -- will he cling to her that he finally has someone to call his own? Will he unable to let go because he cannot be alone?

I found the explanation interesting that the second husband has to willing agree to give divorce in order for the halala to be valid. So in some ways, this hinges on Ibrahim. If he feels that in order to protect her, he has to be her shield, then how will Shabbir react? Shabbir seems like such a toxic volcano who has no emotional control.

Will he see it as betrayal that Aliyah does not want to go back to him? Will he see it as rejection that Aliyah falls in love with her new husband? Or will he take accountability for his actions and realize that he is the one who created this madness by impulsively giving her talaq?

anikamathur thumbnail

Hamza Sohail

This Scene Reminds Me of Mehar posh where Mehru Got Divorced on her wedding night

https://x.com/dilkasukoon2/status/1819808843825913928?t=3MEA8DnagtA6cfdvekbjWw&s=19

Originally posted by: mango.falooda

Thanks for the explanations moose, meand, haalim. Just a few more questions. Please feel free to correct me if I am misunderstanding the concepts. So my educated guess would be that the intent behind halala is actually to protect the woman -- to ensure a husband doesn't just give talaq whenever he feels like for idiotic reasons and then to get her back. Basically treat her like a toy that he wants to keep or throw away at will.

To prevent such flippant attitudes, halala exists to ensure that divorce is taken seriously. The woman gets to have a second marriage and begin another life if she wants. Only if her second marriage fails again, then she is back in society. So at this time, the first husband and her can try a new relationship hopefully wiser and more informed. Have I understood the dynamics correctly?

So a planned halala would be a sin for the following I am assuming:

• Making a mockery of the intent behind the religious edicts
  • Essentially selling your wife like a woman of the night and getting someone to sleep with her
  • Treating her like a toy that can be bought and thrown away at will

muse, awida, nina -- I was also confused how the muazzan basically asked Ibrahim to do this; is this a misinterpretation of texts? Or does he get some favour out of Shabbir? Or is it because no one takes Ibrahim or Aliya as people worthy of respect, honour and dignity? Are both Ibrahim and Aliya in some sense invisible and their feelings don't matter to others?

Aliyah trying to self-harm herself means that she felt trapped and was not willing to be part of this madness. Did she feel like she had no choice but to go along? Did she have no family she could return to? Why stay in the house where you are divorced? Could she have said 'no'? Why did she say qabool during the wedding?

Shabbir's comment that his mom should have taken her to the parlour felt absurd. They are doing this in the middle of the night away from prying eyes. It is supposed to be a secret and no one is happy with the arrangement. So why would the mom dress her up when all of this is absurd madness?

It is going to be interesting to see the transformation of Ibrahim from a timid man to someone who is more braver and putting himself to protect her. Wondering how much the loss of everyone he loves during earthquake has effected him -- will he cling to her that he finally has someone to call his own? Will he unable to let go because he cannot be alone?

I found the explanation interesting that the second husband has to willing agree to give divorce in order for the halala to be valid. So in some ways, this hinges on Ibrahim. If he feels that in order to protect her, he has to be her shield, then how will Shabbir react? Shabbir seems like such a toxic volcano who has no emotional control.

Will he see it as betrayal that Aliyah does not want to go back to him? Will he see it as rejection that Aliyah falls in love with her new husband? Or will he take accountability for his actions and realize that he is the one who created this madness by impulsively giving her talaq?

Okay! So yes, you got the correct concept of Halala and intent behind it and reason for it being a sin if planned.

Husband has to obviously divorce willingly means that they had a marriage organically and the fall out of marriage should also he organic. In the sense that they really had a huge natural reason to divorce. He can't divorce her just like that.

Now coming to the thing about Parlour. He was being sarcastic and taunting. He saw her in makeup, kinda dressed up. He got angry on his mother for decking her up. He meant that sarcastically that ohh why only this makeup, just should have taken to the parlour. So mum says she was white as sheet,.so had to apply some.

Also about that moulavi, I think he had some advantage in forcing Ibrahim to marry or he was maybe threatened by Shabbir. Also they know that Ibrahim is meek and very submarine. Will do what they want him to. So..

mango.falooda thumbnail

Originally posted by: NazneenA

Okay! So yes, you got the correct concept of Halala and intent behind it and reason for it being a sin if planned.

Husband has to obviously divorce willingly means that they had a marriage organically and the fall out of marriage should also he organic. In the sense that they really had a huge natural reason to divorce. He can't divorce her just like that.

Now coming to the thing about Parlour. He was being sarcastic and taunting. He saw her in makeup, kinda dressed up. He got angry on his mother for decking her up. He meant that sarcastically that ohh why only this makeup, just should have taken to the parlour. So mum says she was white as sheet,.so had to apply some.

Also about that moulavi, I think he had some advantage in forcing Ibrahim to marry or he was maybe threatened by Shabbir. Also they know that Ibrahim is meek and very submarine. Will do what they want him to. So..

So the second marriage is 100% real and if Ibrahim steps up to the plate and protects her as his wife, he is very much morally and religiously correct, no? Just a question, would society see the second marriage as real and organic?

In the trailer, it looked like they were hiding from Shabbir. Is it just because he is psycho? Or is it because the marriage would not be seen as real and it would be more akin to running away with a lover? (that was my assumption from the trailer and so I wasn't prepared to see them actually get married in the first episode).