Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Does anyone remember the halala track in zara yaad kar? It was so annoying.

I feel MJ is treating the topic with the seriousness it deserves. Otherwise halala subplot has come in a number of tv shows since the 2010s but are usually treated cavalierly.

Maybe there is some old ptv show where it was addressed with seriousness but I can't recall per se.

Yeah but the execution in ZYK went in complete different direction lol. smiley36I felt they made a kichdi out of it.

This drama is of Kashif Nisar, not by some Nooran or whatever her name was.

He knows what he is doing. Just the teaser has been released, trailer is still pending and drama is yet to start. People should atleast first watch 1-2 episodes & then start with all the criticism they want.

Agreed that people will have apprehension because it's a sensitive topic but need to have some patience. Also it needs to be watched with a completely fresh mind, forget that you have watched any other drama/movie with the same plot or topic otherwise the constant comparison will ruin your entire experience of watching it...

Edited by minakrish - 3 months ago

Just because sabeena is new and doesn't have any fans, it gets easy to criticize her. Infact actually she deserves a praise for not just sticking to third angle roles but trying new genres and non glam roles. I think this might also be the reason for criticism as she isn't typecasted and plus getting to act opposite A listers.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Sabeena is not new she's been in the industry for 5 years

Originally posted by: anikamathur

In comparison to Bilal she's new.

Having seen all of Kashif Nisar’s dramas this year including Jeevan Nagar, Standup Girl and Kabli Pullao, I thought my opinions might have some merit on this thread. Apparently not. Instead I read a Nooran jab. Okay smiley20

Everyone was speculating before and were having a civil discussion about the promos. Many people are skeptical about the Halala premise, some are also thinking along similar lines of the characters here being a bit inspired by Barbeena and Fazal Baksh. This is not to criticise the actors , everyone carries something to the next role, and that’s fine. My issue was for it to not be too repetitive that the audience is reminded of the previous role. Kyunke premise bhi already familiar hai.

Bus itni si baat hai.

Sabeena is comparatively new & it's commendable that she's experiencing with de glam roles when the latest trend in PTV seems to be paying more attention to styling & make up onscreen. The roles might be kind of similar but the versatility would be seen how she plays it. Let the show air first before passing a verdict on her acting.

Coming to Bilal, I don't see any traces of FB here. Neither the characters are same. I was talking about his voice modulation yesterday, it's very rarely seen in PTV where the actors play with their voices.

Call me shallow but I'm liking it that finally an actress is secure enough to show her bare skin in front of someone as good looking as Bilal.

Tgota92 :

No one has stopped you from criticising. But there is a difference between positive and negative criticism.

More than the plot/topic you are concerned about Sabeena getting to play the meaty role.

You have been literally after her post the teaser release.

The plot is different, actors are different, execution etc everything is different

You’re reacting at my comments on Sabeena assuming I’m attacking her when all I have done is shared my thoughts on the show really respectfully along with others. What reservations I have had have also been stated honestly and based on the similarities I see. This is not a criticism but a concern at this point since it’s a promo. And we are merely speculating.

You don’t agree. That’s fine. But this looks like Barbeena to me.

IMG_5463.jpeg

And to you the 2 husband thing might not look similar but to me it does. Again, these are speculations based on the promo and I have as much right to state my opinion on the show as you or anyone else. Once I see the show, my opinions can evolve.

_OrChiD_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Ayeza Khan

Originally posted by: anikamathur

You put Shehryar in a new comer few days back in a poll I guess but Sabeena isn't new smiley37

Seems like Sabeena getting back to back good leading character making people sleepless smiley39