Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Does anyone remember the halala track in zara yaad kar? It was so annoying.

I feel MJ is treating the topic with the seriousness it deserves. Otherwise halala subplot has come in a number of tv shows since the 2010s but are usually treated cavalierly.

Maybe there is some old ptv show where it was addressed with seriousness but I can't recall per se.

Haven't watched Zara Yaad Kar

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

There was a film I don't remember the name, same thing happens but in a different way. Guy is abusive, abuses his wife day n night n divorces her without thinking the consequence. Later on regrets n wants her back. So, asks his friend to help him n get married to his wife . But, the twist comes when friend refuses to divorce her because she is extremely beautiful n he falls in love with her..

Movie ka name yaad nahi hei , but this was the plot!!

Edited by nightingale1234 - 3 months ago
MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Oh wait, is it Bilal's character that gets married first? I rewatched the teaser & I feel that it's his character who'll be the first husband. Someone correct me.

nightingale1234 thumbnail

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Oh wait, is it Bilal's character that gets married first? I rewatched the teaser & I feel that it's his character who'll be the first husband. Someone correct me.

No it's opposite. Gohar's char is the first n bilal's is second.

Originally posted by: tgota92

I hope so too because these kinds of topics are extremely sensitive especially if there’s a lot of cultural ignorance associated with it. If you watch any renowned religious scholars videos on divorce and how complicated it is in Islam it completely nullifies Halala ka pura ka pura concept. Actually the three line divorce so commonly used in dramas is also looked down upon in reality and not how divorce happens. Plus a married couple gets so many chances to come together again, can even remarry up to 3 times. But unfortunately not many research the religion and confuse culturally accepted things as Islam when that’s not the case.

I couldn’t even focus on the characters in the promo coz I was so worried keh why are they bringing up this concept. You are right that if it’s to bring to light this prevalent thing in society and shed light on it, then it’s fine. But I hope they are not making a story that further cements this false belief. People are gonna rip it apart.

I know right! Television & movies have never done these things right. I'm putting my faith in this show because Bilal's dialogues are giving me hope. The main characters do become the voice of audience.

Edited by Haalim - 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

Gouhar's character is the first husband.

Originally posted by: nightingale1234

Are you saying this halala concept isn't part of islam?

But india mein tho iske upar bohot saare films hue Hein n I have seen this in shows too!!

Exactly. First of all it’s nothing new or novel. Secondly there’s a lot of cultural ignorance associated with it so why revolve your story around it. There can only be one logical reason if you’re trying to educate people about it. So I am hoping that’s it. Kashif Nisar is usually not irresponsible about his projects.

Not gonna lie the performances are secondary to me, I’m not gonna pretend to care about that when the whole premise is shady as hell. Yes you see Bilal ka character double minded about it in the teaser but you ALSO see that the Halala Nikkah happened right. The woman is telling Sabeena that it’s just about one night. And then you see Bilal ka character closing the door on him and Sabeena and the Nikkah also happening 🤢

I was actually excited to see that this might be a minority rights pe based drama. Because of the church BTS scenes. It might still be part of it but on the side - because from the promo it looks like the main focus is on the Halala Nikkah concept smiley29 Like whyyyyyy… of all the things it could have been 🤦🏻‍♀️

Let’s hope there is substance and reasoning behind this decision to make a story out of this. Fingers crossed.

moosewithagoose thumbnail

Sajal Aly

Originally posted by: hypnotoad

Does anyone remember the halala track in zara yaad kar? It was so annoying.

I feel MJ is treating the topic with the seriousness it deserves. Otherwise halala subplot has come in a number of tv shows since the 2010s but are usually treated cavalierly.

Maybe there is some old ptv show where it was addressed with seriousness but I can't recall per se.

Zara yaad kar made a joke of Halala Nikka getting sana's character married to that old guy as some kind of revenge...I'm sure Kashif Nasir will handle it better....

Originally posted by: Haalim

I know right! Television & movies have never done these things right. I'm putting my faith in this show because Bilal's dialogues are giving me hope. The main characters do become the voice of audience.

It doesn’t matter if he’s reluctant to do it because of xyz reason, it’s clear in the promo that it happens and they will consummate. It’s just gonna follow the same format of second husband refusing to leave the wife after he falls for her 🤦🏻‍♀️

Revolving a love story around this will just help normalize it even more. So I’m confused where exactly the education about it will happen smiley36 Right now I can’t make head or tail about this decision.

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Haalim

Gouhar's character is the first husband.

Lol, not sure but lets see.