Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: tgota92

Are makers simply making up anything these days smiley29 Halala is totally a cultural thing and is not allowed in Islam - and Halala just for the sake of Halala tou bilkul bhi nahi

I would be extremely disappointed if Kashif Nisar didn’t do his due research on this before making a show on it just because smiley39

Triple talaq & halala is still prevalent in Indian & Pak societies. With the knowledge becoming easily available online some people have woken up to the truth. I was skeptical as well but then I paid attention to what Bilal's character says. He says "yeh namaazein aur yeh azaanein mere munh pe lapet ke maar di jaayein gi". I think they'll address halala not being a part of Islam, I hope so.

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Sajal Aly

Bilal is a seasoned actor, so I get him. But Sabeena has been so daring, looking for roles that tests out her acting potential. Choosing scripts which has some social impact.

She is also blessed that she can look pretty even in these unglam looks. I'm relieved that she doesn't have to take on a secondary role compared to an actress whose appearance isn't quite as striking.

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Haalim

Triple talaq & halala is still prevalent in Indian & Pak societies. With the knowledge becoming easily available online some people have woken up to the truth. I was skeptical as well but then I paid attention to what Bilal's character says. He says "yeh namaazein aur yeh azaanein mere munh pe lapet ke maar di jaayein gi". I think they'll address halala not being a part of Islam, I hope so.

yeah that dialogues is what also caught my attention & then the fear of this topic intermixing with Islam is kinda like testing the waters. smiley36

Originally posted by: Haalim

I hope so too because these kinds of topics are extremely sensitive especially if there’s a lot of cultural ignorance associated with it. If you watch any renowned religious scholars videos on divorce and how complicated it is in Islam it completely nullifies Halala ka pura ka pura concept. Actually the three line divorce so commonly used in dramas is also looked down upon in reality and not how divorce happens. Plus a married couple gets so many chances to come together again, can even remarry up to 3 times. But unfortunately not many research the religion and confuse culturally accepted things as Islam when that’s not the case.

I couldn’t even focus on the characters in the promo coz I was so worried keh why are they bringing up this concept. You are right that if it’s to bring to light this prevalent thing in society and shed light on it, then it’s fine. But I hope they are not making a story that further cements this false belief. People are gonna rip it apart.

NutellaWaffle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 8

Watched teaser and I’m seated.

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Hamza Sohail

I hope it takes Tuesday slot

nightingale1234 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

#MeeraSim (Tere Bin)

Originally posted by: tgota92

Are makers simply making up anything these days smiley29 Halala is totally a cultural thing and is not allowed in Islam - and Halala just for the sake of Halala tou bilkul bhi nahi

I would be extremely disappointed if Kashif Nisar didn’t do his due research on this before making a show on it just because smiley39

Are you saying this halala concept isn't part of islam?

But india mein tho iske upar bohot saare films hue Hein n I have seen this in shows too!!

hypnotoad thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Does anyone remember the halala track in zara yaad kar? It was so annoying.

I feel MJ is treating the topic with the seriousness it deserves. Otherwise halala subplot has come in a number of tv shows since the 2010s but are usually treated cavalierly.

Maybe there is some old ptv show where it was addressed with seriousness but I can't recall per se.