Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rosyme thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

Posted: 1 months ago

It seems last year also Dhoni hit 2 sixes in Markwood s bowling against LSG and CSK won by 12 runs. Just a coincidence.

Dube was also too good. He has improved a lot and finding gaps very well for 4 s.

Edited by Rosyme - 1 months ago
Rosyme thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

1000056021.jpg

Bharathi_gurti thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

When you are met with MSD, nothing else matters. smiley36 As for this decision, its proper hindsight. Hardik bowled because Mitchell was struggling to hit pacers. And he did get out. If he didn't get out Hardik would have got a very good over with less runs. You can't bowl spin to mitchell and that too in death overs . He is the 2nd best spin hitter after Dube. That's the reason why the pacers were bowled in middle overs. There have been only 3 current bowlers who stopped MSD. Mohit, Sandeep, Rabada. 4th one is CSK bowling coach. None of them were with Hardik. Flashback to last season final how mohit got MS. smiley36

Proper hindsight. Nabi 3 overs got over before the spin hitters came. It would say brilliant captaincy to restrict them to just around 200 and not 240/250. 

Also MI failed not because of bowling etc. Main hitters failed that's why. 

Next point on Rohit's 100. That's why we lose. Milestone obsessed public. Commentators didn't ask about it. Neither Hardik forcefully said about it. What's the point of forcefully saying things? MI didn't win either. Did Faf speak About that losing Kohli 100? 

What is the bloody point when the game is lost? 

Agreed 💯 

Originally posted by: Prizi

my husband said the same.. When he can hit like this why he's not coming earlier?? Before you attack let me clear he's not kohli fan at all

Bcoz even if Dhoni is hitting and looking great, he isn't in best shape and age is just not a no. in sports. 

Whenever he bats, he starts limping and if he bats first then his wk isn't at the best in that match. 

my husband said the same.. When he can hit like this why he's not coming earlier?? Before you attack let me clear he's not kohli fan at all

Very simple reasoning. He isn't fit enough to bat more than 10/15 balls. So he tries to maximize as much as he can. And this is a common problem with MS. Underestimating himself and promoting whoever before him. That's how he as a leader works. 

Also the pace at which Hardik bowls is perfect for him. He smashes such bowlers anyday. If he came before he would have had to face coetzee and Bumrah which could have gone anyway. 

It's all about maximising the resources. Just because he can hit sixes to Hardik and Unadkat doesn't mean he can hit to others also. Case in point last CSK game vs KKR. First ball was same type of Over pitched bowling but pace was 143 and he could just hit to a Fielder. 

Before that game vs SRH. One of the best death bowler Natarajan bowled last over. MS couldn't hit. 

It's not one size fits all philosophy. It's maximizing the resources and having maximum impact. 

P. S. Agar MS ko read karna and advice dena itna hi aasaan hota to sab MSD nahi ban jaate? That's why he is special. 

One question. No matter who the player is when they come to CSK, they look a diff beast. Why? Can anyone explain? 

This is Why Kohli always lost. Usko lagta tha i would do it everything myself. Watch RCB. He never cultivated a team that can win without his contribution. Me, me, me. 

Rohit has this quality of putting team forward and making players shine but he is reckless most times. 

prblm with pandya is he's egoistic. He thinks he can do everything. Still don't understand why bumrah isn't bowling in 1st over and last over.. That's his power

What's he trying to doing? 

Trying to bowl his best vs Opposition's best. Got outsmarted by the greatest mind in the game. Bumrah was saved for the hitters in the last. He did his job. But CSK were a step ahead. Dube read that they were saving bumrah for MS. So he made sure MS didn't come out till bumrah was done. Mitchell thing was planned for sure. If you can't hit just get out. MI actually did a mistake catching mitchell. If it was csk fielding and a batter was batting at 120 Sr with just one over to go, they would have dropped the catch. That's called tactical awareness. It's a running joke that get Kohli to play maximum deliveries, RCB will lose. Because he can't hit 3/4 sixes an over. Reverse with Rohit. Frustrate him as much by keeping him away from strike. Give strategic singles. In last 7 overs I think Rohit faced just 13 balls I think. 

Cricket especially T20 is a chess game most of the time. 

Originally posted by: Rosyme

Bravo, Dhoni and Rutu would have planned to keep a fielder behind for SKY s reverse sweeps and Fizz took an excellent catch. Else it would have become 6.

And Tim David was too animated yesterday. He wanted a strategic timeout early and he wanted to come and bat. The others tried to calm him down. But he hit 2 - 6 s and became out. 

Hardik didn't know MS would bat n last over when he started bowling. The first 6 by MS got him tensed and so maybe the other 2 balls were not so good .

Reg century, I feel sometimes Kohli himself hypes his century, so others, commentators, team mates etc follow i feel. Nothing wrong, one has right to feel good.

Rohit would have refused to give an interview after the match yesterday as they lost 

Hardik knew it. But he had no option but to bowl himself. If he gave it to Madhwal, people would have called him coward thrusting a youngster into the death vs MS and not having enough self confidence. That's not a good trait for a captain . So he bowled himself. Better get killed rather than being a coward. 

Rosyme thumbnail

Rajasthan Royals

Okay.

Don't know why I feel Rohit and Bumrah may opt out of MI next season. Others I'm not sure.

Dhoni being sweetie as Sakshi calls him smiley36

Rutu too gives so much genuine respect and appreciation from his side. 

https://x.com/Nehatweets__/status/1779773992733380692