Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 months ago

I agree that men supposed to be providers. But then in the podcast she said she is the provider of the family. Why she’s not following what she preaches and become wife, have kids and have a man that provides, why she’s providing? why she lives with a boyfriend for years without marriage and without kids and saying women should be wife and have kids? people who don't practice what they preach is hypocrites and Nora is a hypocrite. 

Women wants a man to provide but these days it’s the women who are providers sadly. I know many women who have helped build their husband's career so equal pay is a high time women gets. Women have a choice if they want to be wife or have kids but don’t say everyone needs a man just because you need a man. Need and want is different. I have been a provider for my whole family siblings and everyone in the family not my choice so I hate when women don’t get equal pay when they are providers as well. 

Edited by Terenaina - 1 months ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: infinity101

Who hurt her? Like seriously? I am not gonna talk about her views on feminism since she is entitled to her opinion but what’s with this generalisation that women aren’t sweet, they are conniving etc.? All types of people are there. May be she has never had good company in her life, but that doesn’t mean she would go around labelling women in such a negative way smiley29 She needs to keep better influence around her to have some positive experiences.

she really liked the singer guru, but I don’t think he was ready to commit. 

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bekind

she really liked the singer guru, but I don’t think he was ready to commit. 

oh wow. I love guru. I thought he liked her, they did songs together. 

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

She’s basically saying that women are meant to be wives and mothers and nurtures and men are meant to be husbands and fathers and providers.  And how some people call it old school but that’s how society is supposed to be.  But these women who say they don’t want to get married or have kids are basically ruining society, hence feminism has f$$ked up society.  

What she, and many others, fails to realize is that feminism doesn’t stop women from getting married. If Nora wants to be a wife and a mother and a nurturer more power to her.  But every women shouldn’t be forced or obligated to become a wife and a mother.  Feminism is about having the choice and freedom to run your own life.  

Here’s a minute long video of her saying this. As I said before, idiot of the highest order. 

https://x.com/whatevervishal/status/1778858537847795841?s=46&t=IGu4IMPfQ74glqp5iF7tIA 

So all women have to be nurterer, mother and wife and all men have to be breadwinner, provider, father and husband? I wouldn't be surprised if roles are reversed and women is the breadwinner, then she shames and judges the man for being the nurterer. So many men get shamed for not being breadwinners due to everyone being stuck in traditional roles.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 1 months ago
_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I used to like his podcasts but now he does some shitty ones by inviting non relevant  people and discussing stupid stuff. 

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

I think we can all agree that a person can be evil regardless of their gender. There are evil men and there are evil women. We do live in a patriarchal society and due to that some men can get away with a LOT, because they have money and power. India is still a country where women are suppressed and I doubt we will ever see a day when women are NOT being suppressed. No matter what happens we love to blame women. I remember when Sushant died so many people were convinced that Rhea Chakraborty was responsible for his death. She got so much blame and hate. There was no evidence against her.

While I agree that "evil" is gender neutral, that India and for that matter South east Asia and probably, the entire world to some degree is patriarchal with women often being at the receiving ends of unthinkable level of atrocities and rich men often getting away with such atrocities, the same statement bars generalization, in my opinion, because as you have said, it is often the rich ones who can get away. However, in most parts of the world (probably barring the ones that are governed by Shariah Laws/ those far off places that still have to panchayats to resolve legal matters, in countries like India), the Laws in general are female friendly. And the sad part is the Laws that have been formed to protect women have now become tools of revenge and settling scores in the hands of a few evil ones. We have heard multiple instances of misuse of Dowry Laws, the new ones on rise are allegations of "alleged" r*pe after consensual intimacy for some really twisted reasons. And the fact is the legal system still see women as victims even when they are NOT..

On the other hand, YES, suppression of fairer gender, domestic violence, marital rap*s are rife not only in India but the entire of the South-Eastern Asia. That is where the REAL Feminism needs to be exercised-- the concept that  grants equal social, political and most importantly ECONOMIC right to women as any man. The concept that ensures equal CEREBRAL opportunities across genders. However, I renounce the generalization that in instances/cases that pit men against women, men  are  always the perpetrators and women always the victims.

Edited by bashful_moon - 1 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Wow .. its worse than I had expected. 

Women can be god nurturers and providers. I mean why is she even doing a job in that case? Shouldn't she be marrying a man and ensuring that he provides for her 

In the video she says that she wants girls to go to school or women to work but women also are supposed to be wives and mothers and nurturers, and women who say they don’t want to get married are radicals who are ruining society basically.  

I think Infinity above your post might be onto something.  Some period or situation in her life has hurt her, maybe even changed the trajectory of her life, and this is her way of dealing or rationalizing her trauma.  Her comments about how all girls are evil and conniving is just as problematic.  

The only other explanation here is that she’s taking a jab at a specific person here and this is just about personal vendetta and conflict 🤷🏽‍♀️

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

In the video she says that she wants girls to go to school or women to work but women also are supposed to be wives and mothers and nurturers, and women who say they don’t want to get married are radicals who are ruining society basically.  

I think Infinity above your post might be onto something.  Some period or situation in her life has hurt her, maybe even changed the trajectory of her life, and this is her way of dealing or rationalizing her trauma.  Her comments about how all girls are evil and conniving is just as problematic.  

The only other explanation here is that she’s taking a jab at a specific person here and this is just about personal vendetta and conflict 🤷🏽‍♀️

Could be due to her bad experiences or may be she herself is the problem? After all what you are you attract as well, I saw a problematic statement like this from a female BB contestant in season 16 as well, that men are better friends and females see each other as competition. May be both her and Nora never had much good experiences with female friends, but after seeing both their bitchy petty personalities in the reality show, I think they were more of the problem. No matter what people say, Nora is giving a lot of generalised statements here, tf is her point? 

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

While I agree that "evil" is gender neutral, that India and for that matter South east Asia and probably, the entire world to some degree is patriarchal with women often being at the receiving ends of unthinkable level of atrocities and rich men often getting away with such atrocities, the same statement bars generalization, in my opinion, because as you have said, it is often the rich ones who can get away. However, in most parts of the world (probably barring the ones that are governed by Shariah Laws/ those far off places that still have to panchayats to resolve legal matters, in countries like India), the Laws in general are female friendly. And the sad part is the Laws that have been formed to protect women have now become tools of revenge and settling scores in the hands of a few evil ones. We have heard multiple instances of misuse of Dowry Laws, the new ones on rise are allegations of "alleged" r*pe after consensual intimacy for some really twisted reasons. And the fact is the legal system still see women as victims even when they are NOT..

On the other hand, YES, suppression of fairer gender, domestic violence, marital rap*s are rife not only in India but the entire of the South-Eastern Asia. That is where the REAL Feminism needs to be exercised-- the concept that  grants equal social, political and most importantly ECONOMIC right to women as any man. The concept that ensures equal CEREBRAL opportunities across genders. However, I renounce the generalization that in instances/cases that pit men against women, men  are  always the perpetrators and women always the victims.

Anyone misusing laws should be caught and punished harshly, but for 10 cases of fake allegation there are going to be 100 cases of real allegations that sadly go nowhere. We have tragic stories where a rape victim goes to the police station to file a report, and gets raped by a cop. This is just my opinion, but I feel like our country notices the women who faked the complaint, but we are totally used to the thousand other women who did not fake the complaint and deal with injustice. I am with you that equal social, political, economic rights need to be given to women.

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

We live in a society where majority men and their families think that it’s wrong of a married woman to be career oriented, save money for herself or not dedicate the majority of her time to home and kids and as soon as the couple goes for a divorce proceeding the same man doesn’t want her to seek alimony and quickly become a self dependent woman who can take care of her finances, shelter and everything else. LOLOL. 

For all those people who blame feminism for the so called harming of the society, I would really want to ask them some examples of bad feminism. You can try to google as well , because i for my curiosity did too, and didn’t find any coherent answers. What is bad feminism? 

Yes some women favouring laws do get mis used by evil elements in the society but that has nothing to do with feminism. That is the failure of the law making agencies who fail to bring an equal and just law and fair proceedings. That’s on the judiciary and its inability and not on feminism.