Just saw The Kerala Story and liked it! - Page 4

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: SakZ

It was stereotypical. The way she dresses, the way she speaks, no one really wear jasmine on their hair every day. Hindu girl-must be from Trivandrum, Christian - of ourse kottayam, muslim - malappuram or kozhikode. It was too much. I can understand why they speak hindi, but when she was speaking malayalam, I can’t understand why her malayalam was that pathetic. The title of the movie itself is problematic.

I wish I could list more.

its not that such things don’t happen, but its not a Kerala story. It can happen to any girl anywhere.

lol what logic is like that?smiley36 That's like saying living does not happen in Kerala, because it happens everywhere.smiley36

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 4 months ago
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

How to spot a liberal 101:

a. Will make false equivalences

b. Raise platitudes about things distinctly dissimilar

c. Engage in both side-isms

d. Oh..and the last, worry not because, they will tell you themselves

Tale as old as time.

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

You have to keep in mind that news shows the tragic stories. We never see normal or positive stories on the news. We are being presented with the worst case scenario on the news. I am just saying this, because I have seen quite a few ignorant and racist comments on India on reddit from people who have never visited the country. Until we visit a country we have no clue what it is like to be a person living in the country. We judge strictly based on news. Every country has its fair share of issues.

Are you saying what happened in Afghanistan/Taliban 2 years ago was simply news propaganda and far from reality? Seriously? Literally lacs of people were airlifted from Afghanistan and we have eye-witnesses accounts of survivors who shared those horrors.

@bold

I said the same thing. India has its own problems too, and I can admit that as a proud India.

Coming back to the film. Considering how polarized the views on this film are, the filmmakers basically achieved what they wanted i.e, further polarization between people.

If you say you liked the film (or at least some aspects of it), that means you're brainwashed a blind-bhakt. If you don't like the film, that means you're a leftist, communist bla bla bla. There is just no in-between, and that is the main problem. It's annoying and shows how fu*** up our society is. People have no real opinion on issues and have no objectivity left. I wish this story was picked-up by a more neutral film writer who showed the exact issue, without vilifying a religion.

1274961 thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

Are you saying what happened in Afghanistan/Taliban 2 years ago was simply news propaganda and far from reality? Seriously? Literally lacs of people were airlifted from Afghanistan and we have eye-witnesses accounts of survivors who shared those horrors.

@bold

I said the same thing. India has its own problems too, and I can admit that as a proud India.

Coming back to the film. Considering how polarized the views on this film are, the filmmakers basically achieved what they wanted i.e, further polarization between people.

If you say you liked the film (or at least some aspects of it), that means you're brainwashed a blind-bhakt. If you don't like the film, that means you're a leftist, communist bla bla bla. There is just no in-between, and that is the main problem. It's annoying and shows how fu*** up our society is. People have no real opinion on issues and have no objectivity left. I wish this story was picked-up by a more neutral film writer who showed the exact issue, without vilifying a religion.

@bold: I did not say this anywhere in my post. I only brought up the news, because I have read enough racist and ignorant comments on reddit about India from people that have never visited the country. They form their impression about India from the news. That is the reason I brought up the news, because I have seen quite a racist comments on reddit about India. You're one of the few sensible members of this forum, hence I responded to you, otherwise if it was another member I would not have bothered.

Frankly I find there is too much polarization between people now. People act like they are better than others over their caste, religion, political opinions, food preferences etc. There is no unity at all in people anymore.

MaebyFunke thumbnail

Originally posted by: diasingh2

@bold

You know the user you are quoting was not alluding to any of that. Drawing false equivalences with what's happening in Afghanistan to India is deliberately trying to detour the narrative. The rot as seen in Afg is much deeper than the surface level Islamic state fundamentalism. It is the result of the failed American psyop and the "imagined" war that left the country in the shackles of the Mujahideen (later turned into Taliban) backed by the CIA to resist soviet influence. The guerilla fighters were armed and trained to plunder and maim their own country men in the guise of American "liberalism" and "freedom". The Taliban did not show one day in the country and usurp the ruling class, it was a gradual process necessitated by the US, which threw its hands in the air and ran out when it could not control the monster it had created in the first place. So, the talk of "ISIS" (again look up the history) and "Taliban" being the harbingers of trouble should be pointed to the US as well, and much of what liberal talk you are giving here has very little to do with the influence of Islamic state. Certainly, no similarities with India at all. Btw, no idea why you even felt the need to force this useless comparison?

Coming to the movie, the intent behind the release and research that went into the making of the movie was questioned by the SC as well. It was created with an opinion to defame a certain state and the fudging of numbers is again a very big manipulated move. Nobody remembers the revised numbers, but only the false figures they had put up initially. Leaving aside the depictions of Malayalis and their attire in the movie, it is a propagandistic move by the idiotic Sudipto Sen who keeps floating the same false figures since the doc he first made. The actual figure is 28. Now compare that with 32,000. The movie is a RW wet dream with false figures, false equivalences, and idiotic assertions. I fail to understand what objectivity you are looking for in the movie? It is not a love-dovey romantic film? The film is touted as based on real events, but it fails to present anything in a realistic manner. You cannot pick and choose certain facts and accuse others of lacking objectivity when the writer is falsely claiming that the movie depicts reality.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaebyFunke

How to spot a liberal 101:

a. Will make false equivalences

b. Raise platitudes about things distinctly dissimilar

c. Engage in both side-isms

d. Oh..and the last, worry not because, they will tell you themselves

Tale as old as time.

smiley36smiley36smiley36

Word Count: 0

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

You know the user you are quoting was not alluding to any of that. Drawing false equivalences with what's happening in Afghanistan to India is deliberately trying to detour the narrative. The rot as seen in Afg is much deeper than the surface level Islamic state fundamentalism. It is the result of the failed American psyop and the "imagined" war that left the country in the shackles of the Mujahideen (later turned into Taliban) backed by the CIA to resist soviet influence. The guerilla fighters were armed and trained to plunder and maim their own country men in the guise of American "liberalism" and "freedom". The Taliban did not show one day in the country and usurp the ruling class, it was a gradual process necessitated by the US, which threw its hands in the air and ran out when it could not control the monster it had created in the first place. So, the talk of "ISIS" (again look up the history) and "Taliban" being the harbingers of trouble should be pointed to the US as well, and much of what liberal talk you are giving here has very little to do with the influence of Islamic state. Certainly, no similarities with India at all. Btw, no idea why you even felt the need to force this useless comparison?

Coming to the movie, the intent behind the release and research that went into the making of the movie was questioned by the SC as well. It was created with an opinion to defame a certain state and the fudging of numbers is again a very big manipulated move. Nobody remembers the revised numbers, but only the false figures they had put up initially. Leaving aside the depictions of Malayalis and their attire in the movie, it is a propagandistic move by the idiotic Sudipto Sen who keeps floating the same false figures since the doc he first made. The actual figure is 28. Now compare that with 32,000. The movie is a RW wet dream with false figures, false equivalences, and idiotic assertions. I fail to understand what objectivity you are looking for in the movie? It is not a love-dovey romantic film? The film is touted as based on real events, but it fails to present anything in a realistic manner. You cannot pick and choose certain facts and accuse others of lacking objectivity when the writer is falsely claiming that the movie depicts reality.

This is so like liberals to blame it on everyone else but oneself. See, one can't keep blaming the US forever. There's a reason most of the terrorists come from a certain area of the world, and a lot of it has to do with the religious indoctrination they get in their "schools".smiley2

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

First, actual figure might be more than 28- the US State dept says it is 66. Second, whether it is 28 or 66, these are not small numbers. People have to be really brainwashed and warped for so many to go cuckoo. That is no propaganda! We are deflecting from that grim message if we don't realize that.

MaebyFunke thumbnail

Ghor paap lagega, if you ever call me a liberal again. smiley36 Bhagwan se daro, Birdie.

Rest, I do not care. I've said my piece. Adios.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail

Ghor paap lagega, if you ever call me a liberal again. smiley36 Bhagwan se daro, Birdie.

Rest, I do not care. I've said my piece. Adios.

Lol my bad in that case.smiley36

Edited by BirdieNumNum - 4 months ago