Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DreamOfEndless thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 29 days ago

Wow, you have impressive reading speed.

If you can, please leave a review on the previous book you have read.

Also please mention which one is "Previously read" and which one is "Current reading"

Thanks for contributing! 🙂

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Posted: 25 days ago

Just finished Book Lovers by Emily Henry

Started By a Thread by Lucy Score (but thinking of shelving it smiley6)

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Romance Renegades

Posted: 24 days ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Just finished Book Lovers by Emily Henry

Started By a Thread by Lucy Score (but thinking of shelving it smiley6)

Ooo, let me know how it was! I got through a good chunk of it last year and then my borrowing time expired and I just never got to take it out again from the library, but I plan to try sometime this year (hopefully).

foreverlazy thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

UPDATE: I got halfway through Final Offer yesterday and got incredibly frustrated/bored with it, so I thought I'd start Mindf*ck instead... took all night, but I flew through all five books and I get the hype now! It did put me in a weird headspace though just because of the content, and I had meet up with people today, so to kind of just snap me out of it, I started listening to Irresponsible Puckboy by Eden Finley and Saxon James (got all the way to chapter 24 before I came home).

UPDATE: Not only did I finish Irresponsible Puckboy, but I also flew through Shameless Puckboy and I started Foolish Puckboy a few days ago. But I'm also trying to get back to fantasy since there are so many new releases that I'm super excited to read, so I'm going to start Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia of Faeries tomorrow. 

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Ooo, let me know how it was! I got through a good chunk of it last year and then my borrowing time expired and I just never got to take it out again from the library, but I plan to try sometime this year (hopefully).

Are you asking about Book Lovers or By a Thread?

Book Lovers was alright. I did enjoy some parts of it, but overall I found it a bit meh. It was my first Emily Henry & I didn't enjoy her narrative style. I found it too long-winded and digressing.

By a Thread - I think I'm shelving. I can't get on board with the leads' behaviour- the MMC is supposed to be 44 and the FMC is 39 and they behave like teenagers. 

foreverlazy thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Are you asking about Book Lovers or By a Thread?

Book Lovers was alright. I did enjoy some parts of it, but overall I found it a bit meh. It was my first Emily Henry & I didn't enjoy her narrative style. I found it too long-winded and digressing.

By a Thread - I think I'm shelving. I can't get on board with the leads' behaviour- the MMC is supposed to be 44 and the FMC is 39 and they behave like teenagers. 

Sorry, I should've clarified! I was talking about Book Lovers. I don't remember much from what I read, but I enjoyed her character work a lot.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Sorry, I should've clarified! I was talking about Book Lovers. I don't remember much from what I read, but I enjoyed her character work a lot.

Yeah I did enjoy it in parts. She does do a good job with the characters but I prefer reading books with dual PoV, the single PoV ones leave me feeling like I don’t really know the other person (in this case the guy) and I prefer romances where I’m able to get into the heads of both characters. I also get affected by the monotony. I think this book works better as chick lit than romance. 

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Thriller Titans

Posted: 23 days ago

I'm currently reading administration reports  smiley37

Recent fun readings include city informatics books for children, came across a book that has poems on the city's geography! smiley42

foreverlazy thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Posted: 18 days ago

UPDATE: Not only did I finish Irresponsible Puckboy, but I also flew through Shameless Puckboy and I started Foolish Puckboy a few days ago. But I'm also trying to get back to fantasy since there are so many new releases that I'm super excited to read, so I'm going to start Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia of Faeries tomorrow. 

UPDATE: Still listening to Foolish Puckboy, but I also started listening to A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and got to like Ch. 36 before my free Spotify listening hours ended! smiley19smiley19smiley19

I also did finish Final Offer... I think the trilogy got worse with every book. The Fine Print was a solid 3.75 stars for me, and then Terms and Conditions was also fine, but it felt just a little too long as I got to the end (I gave it 3.25 stars). And Final Offer was just too damn long, at leat half the book's content should've been cut, 2.5 stars.

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Posted: 18 days ago

UPDATE: Still listening to Foolish Puckboy, but I also started listening to A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and got to like Ch. 36 before my free Spotify listening hours ended! smiley19smiley19smiley19

I also did finish Final Offer... I think the trilogy got worse with every book. The Fine Print was a solid 3.75 stars for me, and then Terms and Conditions was also fine, but it felt just a little too long as I got to the end (I gave it 3.25 stars). And Final Offer was just too damn long, at leat half the book's content should've been cut, 2.5 stars.

Ack, I just began Fine Print, this does not bode well for me finishing this series smiley13

What's Foolish Puckboy? I'm assuming it's hockey romance but is it RH or WC?