Views

Users

Frequent Posters

foreverlazy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Prize Winner (2022) 0 Thumbnail + 9

Romance Renegades

Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Ack, I just began Fine Print, this does not bode well for me finishing this series smiley13

What's Foolish Puckboy? I'm assuming it's hockey romance but is it RH or WC?

I mainly just finished the trilogy cuz I'm stubborn, but I'm definitely in the minority when it comes to Terms and Conditions, everybody loves that book. (I personally just thought that Declan was a less redeemable version of Rowan and he didn't grovel enough for some of the things he said/did throughout the entire trilogy honestly.)

As for Foolish Puckboy, it's part of the Puckboys series by Saxon James and Eden Finley. These two authors have a whole connected universe of series that they've either written individually or together - we call it the Sadenverse. All of these romances are M/M, most of them are hockey romances but it's not like young college kids like in The Deal or Icebreaker or something like that; most of these series are about professionals/adults that are at least 25+ (the only college romance was the CU Hockey series, and even then the characters were seniors, like 22/23). There are tons of different tropes and I love the friend group dynamics, especially because the narrators on the audiobook are so good (comedic delivery unmatched).

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: DreamOfEndless

Current reading: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

I just began watching this series on Amazon Prime. 

foreverlazy thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

UPDATE: Still listening to Foolish Puckboy, but I also started listening to A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and got to like Ch. 36 before my free Spotify listening hours ended! smiley19smiley19smiley19

I also did finish Final Offer... I think the trilogy got worse with every book. The Fine Print was a solid 3.75 stars for me, and then Terms and Conditions was also fine, but it felt just a little too long as I got to the end (I gave it 3.25 stars). And Final Offer was just too damn long, at leat half the book's content should've been cut, 2.5 stars.

UPDATE: Finally finished Foolish Puckboy! I also listened to Dating Dr. Dil by Nisha Sharma and it wasn't really on my radar, I guess I put it on hold a while ago and it just popped up on my account so I decided to listen to it. A solid 4.25 stars!

LizzieBennet thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: foreverlazy

UPDATE: Finally finished Foolish Puckboy! I also listened to Dating Dr. Dil by Nisha Sharma and it wasn't really on my radar, I guess I put it on hold a while ago and it just popped up on my account so I decided to listen to it. A solid 4.25 stars!

Ooh I've been meaning to read this one, have it on hold at the library. Glad to know it was good!

I'm in such a slump.smiley13 After 3 false starts have finally settled in with Mrs. Nash's Ashes. Fingers crossed I'm able to finish it! 

foreverlazy thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Originally posted by: LizzieBennet

Ooh I've been meaning to read this one, have it on hold at the library. Glad to know it was good!

I'm in such a slump.smiley13 After 3 false starts have finally settled in with Mrs. Nash's Ashes. Fingers crossed I'm able to finish it! 

I'd say for romance, Dr. Dil is pretty good to get out of a slump. If you're in the mood for thrillers, A Good Girl's Guide To Murder definitely helped me. (I plan to read the physical copy after I finish the audiobook because there are a lot of mixed media elements to that are super engaging in the audiobook, so I want to see how it translates to page.)

Does anyone read East Asian novels here?? I remember seeing someone updating their reading schedule (not sure which forum and UN), trying my luck randomly.

Anyway, currently reading Rebirth of a Star General by Qian Shan Cha Ke. 

foreverlazy thumbnail

Romance Renegades

Posted: a month ago

I finished listening to Clueless Puckboy, the fifth book in the Puckboys series, so I thought I was done listening to the series. (I mean, the epilogue certainly made it feel that way!) But then I found out that there was another book that came out earlier this year, and another that might release next year so I guess I'm not done with this series just yet. smiley36

Also, finally finished A Good Girl's Guide To Murder!!! It was so good, like, probably the best book I've read this year so far! (Please don't ask me anything about it unless you want spoilers because I will give everything away!) I'm starting the second book soon, I just have no idea how they'll continue the story based on the ending of the first book.