Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: TakingAStand2

It’s Bollywood doubling down on itself. They would much rather give roles and make movies with their own people with whom they have relationships, friendships and make it work.

It’s advantageous for people making the films, marketing, PR firms to tap into the actors network to push films, and its works for the actors to continuously revamp their image and try things. Look at Bobby Deols comeback!

Arjun and Tiger have shifted focus to 2 hero films, and Varun is sticking to mass movies, and getting help from David’s connections.

That's true. smiley36

I mean one would imagine that after the backlash for Nepotism between 2020-2021, Bollywood would tone down a bit in promoting their talent-less "kids".

And they did for a while, but now they are going out of their way to promote and launch their talent less tabbar.smiley36smiley36

I mean imagine an Archies releasing at the peak of the backlash in 2020/2021. It would've been trolled and downvoted to death. Organizing a grand premiere would've been next to impossible at that time. But barely 2 years passed, and we're back to square one.smiley36

It all happened because the backlash was more of a fad/trend and everyone needed something for "timepass", so they joined the bandwagon.

Even many celebrities hopped on to it to get their 2 min of famesmiley36. Very few wanted some real change.

Edited by diasingh2 - 5 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: wat_up

It depends n let’s see. Varun as interesting projects in my view and I hope the projects he picked are interesting. Arjun is the one I don’t understand why he still is but one can just ignore.

He is an over-actor though. He doesn’t have what it takes.

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

He is an over-actor though. He doesn’t have what it takes.

let’s see u can never count someone out.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: diasingh2

That's true. smiley36

I mean one would imagine that after the backlash for Nepostism between 2020-2021, Bollywood would tone down a bit in promoting their talentless starkids.

And they did for a while, but now they are going out of their way to promote and launch their talentless tabbar.smiley36smiley36

I mean imagine an Archies releasing at the peak of the backlash in 2020/2021. It would've been trolled and downvoted to death. Organizing a grand premiere would've been next to impossible at that time. But barely 2 years a passed, and we're back to square one.smiley36

It all happened because the backlash was more of a fad/trend and everyone something for "timepass" so they joined the bandwagon.

Even many celebrities hopped on to it to get their 2 min of famesmiley36. Very few one wanted a real change.

Archies is a prime example of, “we are not gonna give up on nepotism”. The funny thing is, Vedang emerged as the most talented one and in his second movie he’s with Alia as her brother. It was even more shameless when Zoya said these are the 6 best in the country smiley36and let’s not forget those PR articles that compared Suhana to Margot from Barbie

That's true. smiley36

I mean one would imagine that after the backlash for Nepostism between 2020-2021, Bollywood would tone down a bit in promoting their talentless starkids.

And they did for a while, but now they are going out of their way to promote and launch their talentless tabbar.smiley36smiley36

I mean imagine an Archies releasing at the peak of the backlash in 2020/2021. It would've been trolled and downvoted to death. Organizing a grand premiere would've been next to impossible at that time. But barely 2 years a passed, and we're back to square one.smiley36

It all happened because the backlash was more of a fad/trend and everyone something for "timepass" so they joined the bandwagon.

Even many celebrities hopped on to it to get their 2 min of famesmiley36. Very few one wanted a real change.

I think it was because Covid n the lockdown. There was lots time on ones hands. Now that things have normalized it’s back to the usual.
diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Archies is a prime example of, “we are not gonna give up on nepotism”. The funny thing is, Vedang emerged as the most talented one and in his second movie he’s with Alia as her brother. It was even more shameless when Zoya said these are the 6 best in the country smiley36and let’s not forget those PR articles that compared Suhana to Margot from Barbie

Yes, Vedang was easily the best part of the film. But LMAO @ Zoya's audacity to call them 6 best in the country.smiley36

TBH, the grand premiere was like a huge middle finger from Bollywood insiders to all their trolls. They are not gonna give up on nepotism for sure.smiley36

Edited by diasingh2 - 5 months ago
diasingh2 thumbnail

Originally posted by: wat_up

I think it was because Covid n the lockdown. There was lots time on ones hands. Now that things have normalized it’s back to the usual.

Yes. TBH, I was never a fan of the backlash and never participated in it, but a part of me was happy that it happened because some course-correction was needed.

But Bollywood mein ghanta fark nahi aaya.smiley36 Rather, they are doubling it down now.

TakingAStand2 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

That's true. smiley36

I mean one would imagine that after the backlash for Nepotism between 2020-2021, Bollywood would tone down a bit in promoting their talent-less "kids".

And they did for a while, but now they are going out of their way to promote and launch their talent less tabbar.smiley36smiley36

I mean imagine an Archies releasing at the peak of the backlash in 2020/2021. It would've been trolled and downvoted to death. Organizing a grand premiere would've been next to impossible at that time. But barely 2 years passed, and we're back to square one.smiley36

It all happened because the backlash was more of a fad/trend and everyone needed something for "timepass", so they joined the bandwagon.

Even many celebrities hopped on to it to get their 2 min of famesmiley36. Very few wanted some real change.

Very few want real change, that is the real truth. Failed actors have realized there is the “supporting” character route, buts labeled as Ranbir vs Bobby, so it’s sounds more appealing.

Take Archie’s- It’s just more advantageous for everyone involved, Zoya gets to make her white Bollywood fantasy,PR firms get the entire Bollywood to promote their movies, even insta pages get more engagement when you have an Anil soundbyte.

speaking of Archie’s and nepos, Zoya had the audacity to say she is actually launching 7 newbies out of which “only” 3 are nepo babies. But if Srk’s daughter, Sridevi’s daughter and AB’s grandson, take lions share of spotlight, and audiences are calling her out, WE are the problem, because we just are too stupid to focus on the other kids. That’s the mindset we are working with 😂😂😂

Maroonporsche thumbnail

What if they give some hits

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Because their fathers have a lot of influence and goodwill in the industry.

Tiger can blame his bad luck on the pandemic because before that he was doing well and had some good openers. Varun’s downfall started before the pandemic with Kalank and Street Dancer3 and he’s yet to recover. Same with Arjun. His Namaste England opened with only 1cr in 2018.

Arjun looked like he was changing course when he was cast as the villain in the next Singham. But looks like he’ll be back to hero roles with No Entry.

Varun is still searching for his next Badlapur and I’m sure he’s hoping Baby John will do that for him. It remains to be seen if it will. He’s a highly overrated actor whose previous action role was Dishoom. He’s also trying to get the mass audience back by doing his dad’s comedies.

BMCM looks like a failure but I believe Tiger has Baaghi 4 next and if that one works he can start regaining what he lost after Heropanti2 onward.