Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Even better! Koi shak?

crazygul thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Preity n boby would have rocked it well too.

sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

I dnt think she would have looked good opposite shahid

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sharaban

For me Shahid was good enough for that subdued nerdy kinda guy... He did a good job and would look even better with Preity coz both used to look younger than their ages while Kareena always looked somehow a bit older than Shahid in every movie that includes JWM as well.

Good enough? He as great, perfect

Poor guy, didn’t get any award while she won all the awards possible

for her once in a century performance smiley17

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sharaban

Oh yes Preity was a complete fit as Geet both in the child-like chulbulay as well as in those emotional sequences

I am curious how would she performed that famous abusing his ex boyfriend over the phone scene "kuttay kameenay keeday padaein gaey tujhey..tarap tarap ke maray gaa...teri maa ki.....".

I guess Preity would have nailed this scene , that too even slightly better as being a total natural on screen.

---------

Agreed, Preity would have aced that scene and the role in general. Geet was written for her and she had the effortless charm and bubbly personality to play her.

I would have liked to have seen her paired with Shahid. They would have looked cute together. In comparison, Rani looked very old and miscast next to him in DBH.

However, if not Shahid, then the original choice of Bobby would also work. Would take away the bad taste of Jhoom Barabar Jhoom.

ImaginativeGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I can't imagine anyone else playing Geet. Kareena was excellent in this role - I can't picture anyone else.

Yes she could have and should have done the movie but she didn’t due to reasons and would have done great in the role.

The history around Jan we met and there is an article on it too. Imtaz Ali who did some movie with a baby deol then later he decided todo a movie with Bobby deol and was thinking to have Ayesha takia in the movie however Bobby thought Preity be better suited with him as she would play the Punjabi kudi. Then Preity due to dates could not do the movie and later imtaz thought on Kareena who then wanted shahid as they were dating then and imtaz went with that and he didn’t even tell Bobby ( that was wrong)esp when the deols helped him get into bollywood per this article and theyr others too. https://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-news/jab-we-met-not-kareena-kapoor-khan-but-preity-zinta-along-with-bobby-deol-these-two-actors-were-the-initial-choices-for-the-film-destiny-had-different-plans-for-bebo-tho/amp/ https://www.buzzfeed.com/soniathomas/jab-we-knew-things

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Yes. And she and Juhi in her earlier years - both would’ve nailed it. Kareena did great though. smiley27 But Preity is just. smiley27smiley27.

*Sigh* I miss Preity so much! Rare talent of natural beauty/performer/good in comedy/emotional everywhere. smiley28

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Yes. And she and Juhi in her earlier years - both would’ve nailed it. Kareena did great though. smiley27 But Preity is just. smiley27smiley27.

*Sigh* I miss Preity so much! Rare talent of natural beauty/performer/good in comedy/emotional everywhere. smiley28

same here