Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Terenaina

kangana claims ranbir often came to her house begging for her and saying his relationship with Alia is fake, they live in separate floors and he is with her because karan johar offered him movie contracts. I don’t like kangana after she supports genocide and spreading hate. If what kangana is saying about rk is true then he is shameless for running after women and going to their houses. Dp was dumb in accepting rk after he came outside her apartment and didn’t leave for hours begging and pleading. Wish dp was headstrong woman like Amrita Rao and didn’t get involved in these things. Amrita Rao has my respect for the way she handled her personal matters, there is no actress that has that personality quality like Amrita rao’s today with morals and values which is sad. 

What happened to Amrita Rao?

Maroonporsche thumbnail

stopped reading after that 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: NathuPaapi

I think, with Kareena it started after Aitraz, where Priyanka overshadowed Kareena and stole the limelight. Then Kareena and Priyanka took digs on each other in KWK too.

With Katrina I have no idea 🤷

Edit - after reading Hasini's post now I remember reading about Priyanka telling Deepika about bira cheating on her with Kat. smiley36

Kareena had problems with every contemporary of hers that was not a nepobaby. That's why she only liked Rani but targeted Preity, Aishwarya, Priyanka, Amisha, and Bipasha. 

What makes me laugh is that she was handed everything on a plate to succeed but still couldn't win against these girls who lacked her family name and resources. She was first choice for Kal Ho Naa Ho but demanded pay equal to SRK despite not being anywhere near his stardom (another self-made star she was probably jealous of) and having no proven box office success and thus got herself fired by her own best friend. So Preity picked up that role.

With Aishwarya, she thought she was a shoe-in for Devdas and even came to audition in full period costume and jewelry, believing her Kapoor name would secure her the role. When she lost the role, she threw tantrums and complained about Bhansali breaking his promise to her. He still had enough goodwill to try and cast her in other projects, all of which never materialized or she refused, while still complaining to this day that he owes her films. Then she took her role in Heroine after Aish was pregnant and removed from the movie. Kareena thought this would be her Fashion and establish her as a credible actress but Heroine didn't do well at the box office and didn't have any impact on audiences or critics the way Fashion did. Fashion is still remembered to this day for PC and Kangana whereas Heroine is completely forgotten except to get made fun of.

With Priyanka, she took Aitraaz thinking she would steal the show as the good wife and everyone would hate Priyanka. Love how Priyanka's role took BW by storm and was unanimously praised. Kareena, in the role she handpicked for herself, was completely ignored by audiences and critics alike. Anytime you put her next to a strong actress, her flaws and lack of abilities become especially apparent. Then Kareena even got Part 2 with Don, thinking her item song would steal the show but like all her item songs, it fizzled out. Kareena, who never had chemistry with SRK, was forgotten completely whereas PC's chemistry with him was praised. Priyanka was first choice for Main Aur Mrs. Khanna but she knew that film was a dud and refused it so Kareena picked up her leftovers for a flop film. Then Priyanka was first choice for Ra One but Kareena begged for the role so she got it and that film didn't do well either. Kareena was constantly picking Priyanka's scraps.

Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai was originally her movie and could have given her a blockbuster launch. Her bad behavior and antics on set got her fired. She claims she quit the movie because she was not getting equal treatment with Hrithik and knew the film would not be a successful launch for her but Amisha Patel has confirmed that Rakesh Rohan told her upon casting her that Kareena had been fired. Then she became especially jealous and made crude comments about how Amisha's makeup was not looking good in many scenes and Hrithik was better looking. Meanwhile Kareena thought she could best everyone by launching with the Bachchan heir but he turned out to be a bigger dud and their film a flop.

Even with Bipasha, she came in Ajnabee thinking that as the lead heroine she would make an impact. But Bipasha as the secondary heroine left a greater impact on audiences and established herself as a sex symbol. Jealous of her too, she made lowkey racist comments about her skin tone. All the Kareena defenders will ignore this but if Alia or Kriti or someone made those comments today, they'd be raked across the coals.

She made snippy comments about all of them. I'm glad they mostly gave it back. You can see a KWK appearance with Preity and Saif where Preity makes it very clear she has no good feelings towards Kareena. And Saif, when asked who he picks between the two, picks Preity.

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

What happened to Amrita Rao?

nothing happened to her, just failed career but I was praising her morals and values of the decisions she took personally, there is no actress who had that type of morals and values anymore these days. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

There were rumors pc hooked up with rk while shooting the film too lol not sure if it’s true or not but glad at least pc reported to dp about the affair with Kat. There were articles about how pc has called dp and dp found Kat rk together but that’s nice pc stood by dp on that whole situation if rumors are true. 

If these rumors that PC cheated with Ranbir while he was with Deepika are true, they just confirm to me that she's a tasteless woman and I regret ever being her fan. How hypocritical can she get to tell Deepika that Ranbir and Katrina are secretly seeing each other, while neglecting to mention her own affair with him.

That just proves she has no good intentions but just wants to cause drama...knowing her she probably thought that Ranbir/Katrina weren't serious, that Deepika finding out would cause her to dump him, and then she could take Ranbir for herself. PC is very mercenary especially with men. Always looking for powerful men to rise up the ladder whether in BW or HW like her fake reports about being in a relationship with Tom Hiddleston.

Next time I watch Bajirao Mastani, I'll feel no sympathy when Deepika steals Priyanka's man lol.

Terenaina thumbnail

She made snippy comments about all of them. I'm glad they mostly gave it back. You can see a KWK appearance with Preity and Saif where Preity makes it very clear she has no good feelings towards Kareena. And Saif, when asked who he picks between the two, picks Preity.

I didn't know some of these things happened, like she got fired and not walked out. I am sure it must of have hurt kareena to see amisha having back to back blockbuster movies. amisha in her interview talked about how kareena kicked her out of yaadein but amisha end up doing blockbuster movie gadar after being dropped out of that movie so she should thank kareena for kicking her out. Not a fan of amisha but happy she got another blockbuster movie with gadar. 

but kareena seems like she has changed for the better, she seems a lot nicer now. So maybe she has changed or is it just acting? not sure. she calmed down after getting with saif so that's good for her.

now that preity is coming back in movies, how fun to see the cat fights back again lol also pc might be coming back to slb movie. I want to see fun cat fights lol 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I didn't know some of these things happened, like she got fired and not walked out. I am sure it must of have hurt kareena to see amisha having back to back blockbuster movies. amisha in her interview talked about how kareena kicked her out of yaadein but amisha end up doing blockbuster movie gadar after being dropped out of that movie so she should thank kareena for kicking her out. Not a fan of amisha but happy she got another blockbuster movie with gadar. 

but kareena seems like she has changed for the better, she seems a lot nicer now. So maybe she has changed or is it just acting? not sure. she calmed down after getting with saif so that's good for her.

now that preity is coming back in movies, how fun to see the cat fights back again lol also pc might be coming back to slb movie. I want to see fun cat fights lol 

Amisha revealed this only recently during promotion for Gadar. I think this is also why KJo was attempting to get Kareena to comment on Amisha recently in KWK. Amisha has also talked about not liking KJo and how she was set to appear once on KWK but last minute, Arjun Rampal who was coming with her got sick so it was cancelled. How KJo would make snooty comments to her about her.

https://www.indiatimes.com/entertainment/celebs/ameesha-patel-reveals-why-kareena-kapoor-was-kicked-out-of-kaho-naa-pyaar-hai-613878.html

https://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/bollywood/ameesha-patel-says-karan-johar-was-disappointed-when-she-refused-to-react-to-bipasha-basus-comment-about-her-on-koffe-with-karan-8700014/

I've never even seen Yaadein but I heard it was an awful movie. Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon was enough to make me never watch a Hrithik/Kareena movie ever again. Amisha did luck out but she was also unlucky in terms of scripts after Gadar and Humraaz. Chalte Chalte was originally offered to her but her manager refused it without ever telling her. She didn't learn the truth until she was recording for Humraaz while SRK was recording for Chalte Chalte and he mentioned to her how she had rejected his film which was the first she heard of this. Bhansali also wanted to work with Amisha but he had a feud with her manager so couldn't cast her in anything.

Speaking of Preity vs Kareena, I find it very interesting that Kareena has spoken about how much she loves the Rani/Saif chemistry but she's never once mentioned Preity/Saif. This proves to me that Kareena is not a different person. People say she's more content and happy now, I think it's more that she's resigned to the fact that she's not young anymore and those early days of stardom are gone and won't come back at her age. She can't compete with the Katrinas, Deepikas, or new crowd. Hence why she's less competitive and critical. But I believe most people don't change, they just learn to moderate themselves or hide certain aspects of themselves. Kareena could praise Rani/Saif because she has no problems with Rani for coming from a fellow film family. She could not praise Preity/Saif because she still harbors jealousies towards "outsiders" who she doesn't believe belong in her industry. That mentality clearly hasn't altered.

And the funny thing is that as popular as Rani/Saif are, the Preity/Saif equation was even more popular. Look at the box office records for both pairings.

Preity/Saif did three movies together. Kya Kehna, Kal Ho Naa Ho, and Salaam Namaste were all successful films. I'm seeing BOI says Kya Kehna was in fact a superhit. And Kal Ho Naa Ho and Salaam Namaste were the most successful films overseas in their respective years.

Rani/Saif did four movies together. Hum Tum was the only real hit. Ta Ra Rum Pum was a semi-hit and considered Rani's last successful romantic film. Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic was a flop and so was Bunty Aur Babli 2. 

So Preity/Saif have a 100% track record at the box office out of 3 movies and Rani/Saif have a 50% (at best) track record from 4 films but if you don't count Ta Ra Rum Pum as a true hit, then it's only 25%.

Preity also did a cameo for Saif in one of his later films playing one of his ex-girlfriends. Kareena was in that too also doing a cameo although no Rani. So I do find it funny that Kareena even after all these years, when Preity isn't even in films anymore, still couldn't bring herself to compliment her. She always sticks with Rani as the safe choice because she doesn't view Rani as a threat.

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

kangana claims ranbir often came to her house begging for her and saying his relationship with Alia is fake, they live in separate floors and he is with her because karan johar offered him movie contracts. I don’t like kangana after she supports genocide and spreading hate. If what kangana is saying about rk is true then he is shameless for running after women and going to their houses. Dp was dumb in accepting rk after he came outside her apartment and didn’t leave for hours begging and pleading. Wish dp was headstrong woman like Amrita Rao and didn’t get involved in these things. Amrita Rao has my respect for the way she handled her personal matters, there is no actress that has that personality quality like Amrita rao’s today with morals and values which is sad. 

I don’t believe anything coming out from kanganas mouth.

Terenaina thumbnail

Rani/Saif did four movies together. Hum Tum was the only real hit. Ta Ra Rum Pum was a semi-hit and considered Rani's last successful romantic film. Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic was a flop and so was Bunty Aur Babli 2. 

So Preity/Saif have a 100% track record at the box office out of 3 movies and Rani/Saif have a 50% (at best) track record from 4 films but if you don't count Ta Ra Rum Pum as a true hit, then it's only 25%.

Preity also did a cameo for Saif in one of his later films playing one of his ex-girlfriends. Kareena was in that too also doing a cameo although no Rani. So I do find it funny that Kareena even after all these years, when Preity isn't even in films anymore, still couldn't bring herself to compliment her. She always sticks with Rani as the safe choice because she doesn't view Rani as a threat.

I did not know amisha was invited to kwk, it would've been fun to watch her there.

MPKDH was directed by a director who had back to back blockbuster movies and kareena HR movie messed up his track, if I am wrong let me know on this. Every HR Kareena did together was a flop movie except the movie they did with srk kajol.

bhansali with amisha would've been great but I am glad Rani was chosen for Chalte Chalte, she makes great pairing with srk and looked pretty in the movie. Rani is a better actor than amisha. 

I liked saif's pairing with preity and rani but yes loved him with preity though. saif kareena have flop movies together but saif kareena make the best off screen pairing, they go together. kareena looked older than shahid so I thought her with saif is better choice. And I do believe people change in real life so maybe she has changed for the better personality or maybe she didn't, not sure. But she seemed calm, nice and relax now which is good for her.

speaking of shahid, amrita rao said that there was an actress that has a name starting with K, was very negative towards her. I can see why kareena would be mean to amrita because she made the best pairing with shahid and they looked like a real life couple, I think amrita loved shahid but shahid decided to be with kareena. Amrita and kareena did a movie together after that and amrita said they didn't have problems with each other, cordial with each other so maybe kareena changed for the better. 

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I did not know amisha was invited to kwk, it would've been fun to watch her there.

MPKDH was directed by a director who had back to back blockbuster movies and kareena HR movie messed up his track, if I am wrong let me know on this. Every HR Kareena did together was a flop movie except the movie they did with srk kajol.

bhansali with amisha would've been great but I am glad Rani was chosen for Chalte Chalte, she makes great pairing with srk and looked pretty in the movie. Rani is a better actor than amisha. 

I liked saif's pairing with preity and rani but yes loved him with preity though. saif kareena have flop movies together but saif kareena make the best off screen pairing, they go together. kareena looked older than shahid so I thought her with saif is better choice. And I do believe people change in real life so maybe she has changed for the better personality or maybe she didn't, not sure. But she seemed calm, nice and relax now which is good for her.

speaking of shahid, amrita rao said that there was an actress that has a name starting with K, was very negative towards her. I can see why kareena would be mean to amrita because she made the best pairing with shahid and they looked like a real life couple, I think amrita loved shahid but shahid decided to be with kareena. Amrita and kareena did a movie together after that and amrita said they didn't have problems with each other, cordial with each other so maybe kareena changed for the better. 

Yes, I'd have liked to have seen Amisha on KWK as well.

Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon was a Sooraj Barjatya film. I didn't even realize it was one of his because it's so different compared to Hum Saath Saath Hain or Hum Aapke Hain Koun which were blockbusters. Same with Main Pyar Kiya. He also did Vivah after which was a hit so that also seems to suggest you are right that Amrita was talking about Kareena.

K3G was indeed the only successful Hrithik/Kareena film and it's not even their film. Out of the 6 main cast members, Kareena is lowest on the totem pole with the least starpower. Audiences came to see SKR and Kajol again especially in another KJo directorial after DDLJ and KKHH. They came to see SRK and Big B onscreen again after Mohabbatein, the two biggest actors. They came to see breakout star Hrithik with SRK and Big B. Also Jaya and Big B reunited onscreen after 20 years since Silsila. Kareena had no starpower back then. She only got the role because of KJo. All her films were mostly flops in this period and in fact, K3G was basically her only solid hit for her early career precisely because it wasn't her film. I've read an interview of hers from that time where she even admits that this film isn't really hers and she's only got a couple of scenes. It shows that her films with Hrithik afterwards were all flops because it means that even with the success of K3G, audiences were not interested in them as a pairing.

Chalte Chalte has a very jinxed track record with its actresses. Besides what we now know about Amisha, Aishwarya was also up for the role and actually got it before Salman's drunken rampage. In fact, Kareena was known for making cheap jokes about this incident and how Aishwarya was a risk on sets because of Salman. Another thing to consider is that this was one of SRK/Juhi's joint produced films. At this point, Juhi was always his actress in their produced films. It was only because Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani was a flop that Juhi's career as a leading lady ended. Had the film succeeded, more than likely she'd have been automatically SRK's heroine in Chalte Chalte. Instead she ended up being downgraded to his sister-in-law like in Paheli.

Saif/Kareena pairing in films is awful. I remember the media gave them a lot of criticism wondering why they have zero onscreen chemistry together. Kareena claimed it's because real life couples use all their chemistry offscreen but that doesn't account for her with Hrithik and Shahid. I can see what you mean that she looks older than Shahid, especially now. He still looks very young, like next to Kriti and Kiara, whereas Kareena has visibly aged especially around the face.  And Tabu and Kareena are now treated like contemporaries in The Crew but Tabu played Shahid's mom in Haider. I remember the Kareena/Imran Khan pairing used to seem off to me too. She felt very old like his massi in comparison to him and their films were never successful at the box office either.

I didn't know Amrita said she was bullied by an actress starting with the name K but it must have been Kareena. This was way before the Katrinas or Kiaras. We know Kareena's track record with outsider actresses and Amrita has said in interviews about the difference between PR stars and self-made stars. Vivah being a hit after Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon also indicates that Kareena was jealous of Amrita and gave her a hard time. Also keep in mind that Hrithik and Amisha were originally supposed to do the roles of Lucky and Sanjana in Main Hoon Na. When Hrithik became too big of a star, he wouldn't take a supporting role against SRK again, but I can see Kareena feeling that this role of Sanju in Main Hoon Na should have belonged to her had she done Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai.

Shahid and Amrita had tons of chemistry and were a beloved pairing. I never knew Amrita may have had feelings for him, how sad. But I've heard Shahid was never a good romantic partner and very controlling. Vidya has talked about how he used to shame her for her weight. And many people say his wife mostly does whatever he tells her to do. 

I didn't know Amrita and Kareena did a movie together but looking it up, I can see why Kareena would not have problems with Amrita anymore since her films were no longer doing well and she and Shahid had not been a thing in years. Amrita was also heavily bullied by Esha Deol. There are stories here about how Esha Deol actually beat her up in front of everyone, after aggressively taunting her for months on set. Esha and Kareena used to be best friends so this also indicates to me that if Esha hated Amrita so much, Kareena definitely would have. The pattern I'm seeing is that the film family actors always stick together no matter what. And they even look down on the film families who are not as important. Like I know Hrithik got a lot of dislike from BW society because his father was not considered that important an actor. The Bachchans were said to have completely ignored him on K3G because they were jealous that this "nobody" beat their son in debuts.