mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: a month ago

Hold onto your popcorn, folks, because Bollywood has just served up not one, but TWO sizzling blockbusters that are flipping the script on female-centric films! 🍿💃

Article 370 -- Yami carried this film on her shoulders

Crew -- It's taking the box-office by storm, led by 3 pretty faces with lots of oomph and packaged as an entertainer

so what do you guys think???

is d revolution brewing???

lol but I really think the audience is mature and accepting all kinds of films. the only criterion is strong script.

Are you guys happy with this trend?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Yes I am happy with this trend. We don’t need  big male stars to make a movie women can entertain us too in lead roles. 

Edited by priya185 - a month ago
loginidran thumbnail

Article 370 has a different type of audience and crew veere di etc have a different type.

And Crew doesn’t have a strong script nor writing. It’s the sheer performances and camaraderie of the 3 girls which is drawing in the crowds.Just imagine 3 A lister male leads delivering even half such rocking performances and having bromance. The movie would be breaking all the records by now.

We are still the country where badly written movies like Pathaan and Gadar 2 were made into blockbusters while well written movies like  omg 2 not so much. I don’t think strong script is something that’s needed to make a movie win at the BO. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Let's see what happens in coming years. Women centric films are still not there yet. Barbie underperformed in India. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

They need to make more female franchises 

Shenaz and Bhumi need another movie about coming smiley36