Posted: 1 months ago

Hey guys!

I've been a silent member of this forum for quite a while now, and I've always followed the show on & off from Gen 3. But I've started catching up on the entire episodes ever since the actors for Armaan & Ruhi have changed. Honestly, I felt that both Shehzaada & Pratiksha's acting very bland, and they couldn't emote to save their life. But the new actors seem much more capable. 

However, the one thing I've noticed with Ruhi's character currently is that, the underlying obsessiveness in her is more visible. Probably the previous actress for Ruhi didn't have that much of a range in acting, or maybe her brief of to play it softer, she couldn't portray the more obsessed side of Ruhi well. But this actress is nailing it. Especially in the episode where she's stopping Abhira from visiting Phupha sa's house and "accidentally" pushing Abhira. And even the precap where she's arguing with Abhira over Armaan. 

With this actress, we can actually see the conflict that Ruhi has as a character, where she's not a negative person who hates Abhira and wants to make life miserable for her, yet at the same time, she's not able to compromise on her "relationship" with Armaan.

I don't know if I've managed to convey what I felt in here though, but I just wanted to put up a little appreciation post for Garvita. I'd love to know if you guys agree or disagree with me!

Love,

Niya ❤️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

There was a scene with old ruhi where she told before god that her zidd will be seen now. So the changed ruhis zidd started with thandai competition and she won against abhira. It will go on more it seems. 

Originally posted by: Mehersudha

There was a scene with old ruhi where she told before god that her zidd will be seen now. So the changed ruhis zidd started with thandai competition and she won against abhira. It will go on more it seems. 

Oh, I didn't see the old Ruhi wala scene, but yes, the new Ruhi's "Zidd" has already started and is in full swing. I just hope that they show Abhira also giving it back in kind to her - with or without Armaan's support.

Nephy1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I agree..

She is not planning plotting types but yet she doesn't want to compromise on Armaan..

She made herself understand that abhira will be gone after one year and she will take that placeso she tries everything in her capacity to make sure that abhira doesn't get attatched to armaan and leaves him in a year so.

Baki your username is my weak spot its been 1.5 years I am waiting and finally it started...

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Garvita is a better actor but she has not made Ruhi more likeable in any way. I still cant relate to anything about Ruhi, understand where she comes from or feel bad for her.despite having  no parents like Abhira she's had a way more comfortable, luxurious upbringing than Abhira, has a loving family both maayka and sasural whereas Abhira had only one person, and is older but still Immature and plain stupid and entitled. So watching her, I cannot find anything to give her leeway. She's not evil yes but she's really annoying. Complete nuisance. And even her "love" for Armaan is looking so superficial. Like she won't actually do anything selflessly for him or his family, but she claims to love him. 

bajarbattu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Garvita is a better actor but she has not made Ruhi more likeable in any way. I still cant relate to anything about Ruhi, understand where she comes from or feel bad for her.despite having  no parents like Abhira she's had a way more comfortable, luxurious upbringing than Abhira, has a loving family both maayka and sasural whereas Abhira had only one person, and is older but still Immature and plain stupid and entitled. So watching her, I cannot find anything to give her leeway. She's not evil yes but she's really annoying. Complete nuisance. And even her "love" for Armaan is looking so superficial. Like she won't actually do anything selflessly for him or his family, but she claims to love him. 

A luxurious and comfortable upbringing is not a recipe for happiness. Goenkas compensated Ruhi with obsessive love and fulfilment of all her wishes even the most ridiculous ones (throwing Akshara out of their home) for her most grave loss. Grave as per their thinking. 

This encouraged the child to develop abnormal thoughts about love, ownership in relations, family and subservience. 

It may be Abhira's story in Gen 4, but when the big revelation happens about Abhira being a Goenka, there is going to be more trouble for Ruhi than for Abhira. Abhira may be immatured, but her mother has passed on to her a sense of compassion and understanding of people's needs. Abhira will be able to get herself together faster than Ruhi, who will most probably crack under the pressure of asking for the unthinkable as a child. (she confessed on holy day, that she missed her Akshara maasi the most, and they showed the scenes where Ruhi was having mutually affectionate moments with her maasi) And Abhira being her mum's daughter and with her Maheshwari-Singhania ancestry would move heaven and earth to let Ruhi have that attention from both the families. She will have by then understood that Ruhi behaves like a clinging vine because of her own insecurities. In that way Abhira even though she is younger than Ruhi, is the stronger personality. 

I agree on her love for Armaan being superficial... But the problem is that this can be said about Armaan too. Both fell for each other because they liked each other for their looks. It was literally love at first look. This maybe love, but not the everlasting kind of love, not the 7 janam wala love. That kind of love grows and deepens over time. It deepens because of time spent together, experiencing each other over serious obstacles in the mutual relationship. 

It is the reason for Armaan's weaning interest in Ruhi and rising affection for Abhira. Even when he is shown being lost in eye contact with Ruhi, it is because of her looks. Not because of her as a person. While in Abhira's case, his growing affection is because of her as a person. Even her irritating ways have become a habit for him, he misses her when he is alone. I actually love their slow burn romance. This one is going to burn in the fires that are created by Dadisa and Fufasa and just become more golden. 

I love the layered story of these four - Armaan - Abhira - Rohit - Ruhi ................. Its going to make for many many tracks and hopefully we get to see a longer Gen 4 story. So many possibilities. smiley42

-
much love, light and laughter,
Battu. 

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

They are not exploring layers of Ruhi. So far i don't feel bad for her at all. She just comes across as a spoilt entitled brat who is in denial about her privileges and is  becharifying herself as having some sad kismet.. her becharification of herself looks grating because she has had a good life all things considered. Why she's complaining and moping always  and why she's so messed up in her head is tough to grasp. Why she lacks self respect , or any dreams, ambitions, goals beyond being someones wife is tough to understand. but Abhira despite having a much tougher life and  being younger in age is way more put together, mature, sensible, sensitive, righteous and kind. Just because  she doesn't wallow in self pity and is bubbly she gets tagged as immature or childish but thats not true. So i dont see anything redeeming about Ruhi except that unlike other tvshow third angles- she's not evil and doing criminal deeds. Thats it. 

Edited by Pinecone - 1 months ago
CottonCandyy thumbnail

Ruhi’s obsession with Armaan was never sane to begin with , she married innocent Rohit just to fulfill her dream of being with Armaan under the same roof . 

Fate (writers) cleared her path a little by declaring Rohit dead and Abhira zimmedari but what if Rohit never left the home to sacrifice for his brother ? What if Abhira was girl who Dadisa selected for Armaan ? Ruhi never planned ahead nor she cares about other’s feelings , she just wants Arman like a kid who throws tantrums for her neighbour’s toy .

She is stupid and can’t plot anything to achieve her goal but is crazy enough to hold onto her obsession and spun a delusional world around it . Most useless vamp ever who cries about everything and wants EMA to be served on a platter .

Coming to actors , the previous cast were bad and over acting performers.

Pratiksha used to increase the level of Ruhi’s lust, craziness, obsession, stupidity, arrogance, vileness and delusion.

Garvita is emoting in limit and Rohit isn’t making unnecessary heart eyes at her , that’s why it’s not crass as compared to previous Ruhi but character is still the same . 

Edited by CottonCandyy - 1 months ago

Originally posted by: Pinecone

They are not exploring layers of Ruhi. So far i don't feel bad for her at all. She just comes across as a spoilt entitled brat who is in denial about her privileges and is  becharifying herself as having some sad kismet.. her becharification of herself looks grating because she has had a good life all things considered. Why she's complaining and moping always  and why she's so messed up in her head is tough to grasp. Why she lacks self respect , or any dreams, ambitions, goals beyond being someones wife is tough to understand. but Abhira despite having a much tougher life and  being younger in age is way more put together, mature, sensible, sensitive, righteous and kind. Just because  she doesn't wallow in self pity and is bubbly she gets tagged as immature or childish but thats not true. So i dont see anything redeeming about Ruhi except that unlike other tvshow third angles- she's not evil and doing criminal deeds. Thats it. 

💯 agree and I have exactly same thoughts!
@BOLD , exactly! Because Abhira is not crying and playing victim card doesn’t mean she have no problems ,but she knows how to deal and come out of the issues and the credit goes to her mamma who thought her to deal the life with such ease without complaining about anything. That makes Abhira a spl personsmiley27

Ruhi’s charges have no layers at all to explore except her obsession for ppl. As Sam mentioned Ruhi  is also a GREY character  just like her mom. Everyone left her and made her an orphan but then she have Goenka’s who kicked pregnant Ak and her 6 yrs old bacha for this stupid women. She have all the luxuries in life and Goenka’s over pampered her. Where as Abhira has lost so much more and she was working hard since very young age  and she understands others pain ,where as Ruhi is self centred and can only think about her happiness. 
   I don’t even believe her love is pure for Armaan it’s a mere attraction now turned into lust and that justification for jealousy is 👎🏻 a wife being jealous and babhi being jealous for her married jeth is incomparable. How much ever AA say their marriage is a deal,it’s just verbal but when the knots and rituals are done and when 2 ppl starts living together bond starts to grow and love happens. And that’s what happening in the show right now.  And AA are ritually and legally married to each other and no one deny their marriage not even them. 

I like Garvita and she emotes Ruhi better than prat. Prat used to look a bit younger but now Garvita looks like 7-8 yrs older and elder sister to Abhira. But still I cannot connect with her  character or her non existing DDP at all,she married Rohit and now trying to come in btwn wife and husband ,she made Ak leave the house because of her selfishness and jealousy and obsession for ppl. 

I like the actress and can understand  why such statements coming from her because she saw how ppl hate Ruhi’s character as she is turning evil and coming in btwn leads/wife and husband. So I guess that’s ok but that doesn’t change the fact that Ruhi is Lusty and characterless. She doesn’t care about anything except her obsession for her married jeth. As Sam said she is a grey character and may be later they will turn positive for good which we all r waiting for a long time.

Edited by Chaitu.V - 1 months ago
Firefly_shines thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Team Abhimanyu (Gen 3)

Imo Ruhi is one of the most beautifully written characters with lot of layers and complexities just like her mother… everyone loved baby Ruhi and Hera played it phenomenally.. though Pratiksha couldn’t bring the intricacy well, Garvita is doing a fab job in portraying the character…

the kid lost every person she loved but what she didn’t lose with time was her innocence and strength. In the initial episodes of Mussoorie, Vidya says ki Bhagwan bhi unhe hi takleef aur dard deta hai, jine woh himmat deta hai, hausla deta hai unse ladne ki and that perfectly describes Ruhi… 

She is a perfect combination of 3 most beautiful humans. She is bubbly and mischievous like her father Neil, manages a multi crore jewellery business and also takes care of her family coz she is perfectionist Aarohi’s daughter and most importantly she is a true lover like her poppy.. just like him she gets immense attention from the opposite gender but she doesn’t give a damn as for her love isn’t a timepass but the purest emotion of the heart… Just like her poppy, she doesn’t fall in love easily but when she does she falls deep and hard… she has the courage to fight the world for her love and has the resilience to wait an entire life for her true love….

It’s just that some people are so blinded by the love for one character and the hate for another that they miss out on all the beautiful aspects each character provides….

Edited by Firefly_shines - 1 months ago