Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 months ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

It's highly likely that Saif or Kareena, in a throwaway angry moment, called Rajeev Masand as bison, and poor Taimur thinks that's his name. Kids have the uncanny ability to latch onto their parent's worst moments and behaviors. 

Actually my assumption was he overheard Kareena and her gossip gang refer to someone overweight as a bison and Taimur just carried that thought process over to Masand.  But you could be right too.  I agree with BI that had it been an actual picture of a bison Saif would have explained and even shown the picture to Masand.  He was calling Masand a bison and Saif was very uncomfortable and embarrassed.  

Taimur is just kid and he did what kids do all the time, copy their parents language.  He’s not the first kid to embarrass his parents like this nor will he be the last one.  He just happen to do it to his famous parents on the internet and it’s going viral now 2-3 years later.  And like I said in my first post, Saif’s reaction was a good sign because he very likely corrected his kid.  

It’s all a learning moment not just for kids but for parents too.  But I will reiterate that this was not cute or funny regardless of how much we dislike Masand.  

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

Actually my assumption was he overheard Kareena and her gossip gang refer to someone overweight as a bison and Taimur just carried that thought process over to Masand.  But you could be right too.  I agree with BI that had it been an actual picture of a bison Saif would have explained and even shown the picture to Masand.  He was calling Masand a bison and Saif was very uncomfortable and embarrassed.  

Taimur is just kid and he did what kids do all the time, copy their parents language.  He’s not the first kid to embarrass his parents like this nor will he be the last one.  He just happen to do it to his famous parents on the internet and it’s going viral now 2-3 years later.  And like I said in my first post, Saif’s reaction was a good sign because he very likely corrected his kid.  

It’s all a learning moment not just for kids but for parents too.  But I will reiterate that this was not cute or funny regardless of how much we dislike Masand.  

@bold. That is also an extremely likely possibility. She could have called multiple people bison, too. 

While many embarrassing things kids do are cute, this one is not. I'm glad Saif had the appropriate reaction and didn't laugh and dismiss like many parents do. 

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Chinese astrology was only an example that buffalo isn't forcibly something negative...if it's not only about the looks...I don't know how Indians perceive a buffalo.

If you call someone a buffalo/bison here where I live, or any animal for that matter, it’s usually to body shame that person. 

Edited by infinity101 - 1 months ago

Elite baacha, mote bhainsa samjh aata , ye bison word hi expect nahi tha

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Didn't know that...thanks for letting me know smiley1

In my mind, those comparisons aren't always targeted to the physical appearance but also to personal traits.

hasini009 thumbnail

He must have misheard Masand as Bison.

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Rajeev looks like a kaddu..

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yea this was not funny at all.  I know he’s just a kid but referring to a person as an animal is rude and disrespectful.  Saif certainly wasn’t amused here which is actually a good sign because it means he most likely talked to him and corrected him.  

Kids copy adults around them and that’s why we always have to watch what we say around kids.  So either he heard it from adults in his life or his schoolmates heard it from their adults.  

Only I refer to sexually harassed creeps online as animal all the time. They are animals.

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Only I refer to sexually harassed creeps online as animal all the time. They are animals.

But you are very likely speaking from the perspective and direct experiences of an adult with the other adult.  That doesn’t apply here.  

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Yea this was not funny at all.  I know he’s just a kid but referring to a person as an animal is rude and disrespectful.  Saif certainly wasn’t amused here which is actually a good sign because it means he most likely talked to him and corrected him.  

Kids copy adults around them and that’s why we always have to watch what we say around kids.  So either he heard it from adults in his life or his schoolmates heard it from their adults.  

What if he heard someone calls Rajeev bison? And that too in the household. They need a new nanny.