🏏WPL 2024:Final- Delhi Capitals W VS Royal Challengers W, Delhi🏏 - Page 14

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 2 months ago

Richa Ghosh: I was a little nervous and Perry helped me a lot. After last year, reaching the final and winning, it was our preparation and God helped us along the way. When bowling, we wanted to bowl wicket-to-wicket and we wanted a wicket or two. Whenever there is a small target, it tends to be a close game and it does not allow you to relax.

Lanning, DC captain: Obviously disappointing not to get it done. Finals are about playing well on the day. Congratulations to RCB - you outplayed us tonight. It all happened relatively quickly as it tends to do. As we've seen in this tournament, crazy things happen. Full credit to RCB, they fought back really nicely and deserved the win. We did a lot right. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. A lot of effort went from a lot of the people. Want to thank the support staff. Cricket is a funny game - you win some, you lose some.

Mandhana, RCB captain: Feeling hasn't sitll sunk in. Hard for me to come out with expressions. One thing I'll say is I'm proud of the bunch. Our Bangalore leg was really good. We came to Delhi and had two tough losses. That's what we spoke about that we need to step up at the right time. These tournaments are about peaking at the right time. Last year taught us a lot of things. What went wrong, what went right. Management just said this is your team, build it (your way). Thumbs up to them. For RCB, it's a lot more. I'm not the only one who won the trophy, the team has won the trophy. I'm not the person to talk about what I feel. This is in top five maybe. Obviously a World Cup would top it. Have a message for the fans - the most loyal fanbase. One statement that always comes up is Ee Sala Cup Namde. Now it's Ee Sala Cup Namdu. Kannada is not my first language but it was important to say it for the fans.

Sobhana Asha: I was really tensed but with Pez and Smriti at the crease, it was all chill. From the first day of the camp, we have been manifesting it and very happy. Complete team effort, very happy. (On Luke Williams) He was very comfortable with the group and made us feel very comfortable. He was fantastic.

Shreyanka Patil: For sure, you can call us (spin twins). We really worked hard. We had a camp before the season and it was amazing to get in touch with everyone and know everyone. We were confident and we had amazing team bonding sessions - some dancing, some drama, some laughter. They (the fans) keep saying Ee Sala Cup Namde - now we have gotten the cup, it is all for the fans. Day in and day out, we put in hard work and we manifested it. We wanted to win this game and show the fans we can do it. Luke came here, we did not know him much. In the last game, when we won against MI, he had tears in his eyes. Amazing we are playing as a unit, as a family and we hope to continue this winning streak. We are not going to leave them (Perry and Luke Williams), they have to dance.

Ekta Bisht: Before the tournament started, I had said RCB will top, and I had predicted a final between DC and RCB. We won the Eliminator very well and we got a lot of confidence out of it. We never felt the final was going the other way, we were positive and that paid off in the end.

This is what the fans have waited for, going through a lot of pain, ups, downs, darkness, agony, and now ecstasy as RCB players lift the trophy. Fireworks go off.and there's confetti everywhere. Incredible scenes in Delhi. It was a season that ensured the WPL goes from strength to strength, and it finishes with Mandhana's team conquering the Kotla on a historic night with a record attendance of 28781.

Edited by Prizi - 2 months ago

Georgia Wareham: I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight so might as well take the flight directly. The way Smriti has gone about it this year, to turn it around. The players that have come in, Sophie Molineux did an amazing job and even tonight, she changed the game for us. (On the spinners in the team) It has been unbelievable. Shreyanka has improved every single game, Asha as well. It is really impressive and something to learn off.

Sophie Devine: We did the job. Richa has been outstanding this whole tournament. (What changed) We had all the parts last season as well, it was just about putting them together. Outstanding from the management to get them (the new players in). Mandhana was outstanding (as captain), she learns on the go. Pretty special, shows the support the women's game has. This is the best set of fans and special to see it come to the women's team also.

Renuka Singh: (On how she is feeling) Goosebumps. First time RCB is winning and finally the fans are happy. The fans supported us throughout. Our team bonded well and that was the reason we have won this (title). We tried to play simple cricket (in the final) and we did not take much pressure. We did not think of any target as such. They got many runs in the powerplay but we always felt we could come back with a wicket.